What can I say other than it was truly amazing. My husband and I went on our honeymoon in July 2012 to Orlando and stayed at the Waldorf Astoria. Granted it is expensive to stay here however we felt we got what we paid for. I cannot see how people have put bad reviews of this hotel. From start to finish we were treated extremely well and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. We must say a special thanks to Gabriel at the front desk who assisted us with everything we required and displayed excellent customer service and staff relations. Kevin and Amanda were great at the pool area and were always on hand to assist with drinks or food by the poolside. The staff at the concierge provided information on great restaurants and bars to go to in Orlando, including directions to get there. Christopher was great on the concierge desk.
During our stay we dined at the Bull and Bear and can say although it was pricey it was such a wonderful meal. We chose the chateaubriand; it was cooked to our liking. They even cooked my husbands half rare and my half medium.
We also had food from the pool bar on a number of occasions and the food was lovely. We would particularly recommend the fish sandwich.
The food at Peacock alley was amazing, we could not fault it.
Oscars at the Hilton next door is a lovely restaurant with a great atmosphere. You can walk through to the Hilton without having to go outside.
The rooms were excellent and you could see cleanliness was a top priority of the Waldorf. Each night someone came for a 'turn down service' which was a lovely touch as if we were out we would come back to two chocolates on our pillow and a weather update for the next day. We had a suite which was wonderful as it was really spacious (more of an apartment than a hotel room) and added to our honeymoon.
For anyone who worries about there not being enough sun loungers, there are plenty so do not worry. Another thing to point out was the parking. Although we used the valet parking there is an alternative in the Hilton Hotel next door which is $13 a day to self park.
In the evening we sat in the bar area and listened to live music whilst having a drink.
If you have stayed at the Waldorf you will know what I mean when I say it is truly a wonderful place to stay. We are already looking at going back in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxuriously nestled less than one mile from Walt Disney World® Resort, Waldorf Astoria Orlando, a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® Hotel, welcomes your family with a wealth of refined and refreshing amenities minutes from Orlando’s greatest attractions. •Complimentary transportation to all Disney® Theme Parks & Downtown Disney®•Luxurious zero-entry pool with private cabanas•Championship golf, fitness center, and Waldorf Astoria Spa® ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Expedia, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.