“Worth the 5* rating” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 328 hotels in Orlando
London
“Worth the 5* rating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I recently visited Orlando to celebrate her birthday and as we had previously stayed at the Hilton hotel next door, we thought this time we would upgrade to the 5* Waldorf instead. The hotel is located within a 10/15 minute drive of all the Disney parks, Downtown Disney, Universal Studios, etc, so location wise its perfect. Its also very easy and quick to get to/from the airport which is about 25 minutes away.

The hotel grounds are fantastic, spacious and very well designed. The entrance to the hotel is amazing and just what you would expect!

There is a valet parking service with the hotel which is around $20 per day, however for guests staying longer than 7 nights the hotel waves the total valet parking fee (this was a great surprise for us considering we were staying for 14 nights).

The rooms are very spacious, extremely comfortable, well decorated and accommodating. Cleanliness was never an issue as the rooms are cleaned twice a day to a fantastic standard. Nice touches that we really appreciated included things such as the turn-down service where the maids not only sorted out the bed for you, but also put out weather forecast cards for the following day.

The hotel pool was equally fantastic and the loungers were very comfortable (not sure why some reviewers had a problem with the pool floor...this was smooth and same as all other pools).

The staff were extremely welcoming and couldn't do enough for you which although most people would expect from a 5* hotel, its still nice to see that the Waldorf had got it right.

During our visit we also dined at Bull&Bear where we celebrated my wife's birthday. The food is nothing short of incredible and the service equally so, but do expect to pay around $100 per person.

One negative point worth mentioning, the hotel breakfast in Oscar's restaurant is rather expensive when you consider that it's a buffet service which is charged at $30 per person. We found the Hilton coffee bar next door to be a much better option considering we are not big breakfast eaters.

The only thing that would have made this the perfect stay (not that it was bad in any way) would have been if the hotel had done something for my wife's birthday similar to what they appear to have done for other guests in the past (i.e. card/flowers/anything), but nonetheless, we had a wonderful stay and would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a quality 5* experience whilst visiting Orlando. We enjoyed our stay so much that we will be revisiting in May of 2013.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the elevators to get a great night's sleep.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you very much for reviewing our property. It is wonderful to hear you were able to enjoy so many of our amenities during your stay! We cannot wait to see you again next May!

1,910 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We just arrived back from a four night stay at the waldorf. My husband, our four year old and I all had the most enjoyable experience. Gabriel, at the front desk was wonderful from check in to check out. First, upgrading us to a suite for a nominal fee. I complained about mosquitoes (surprisingly on the 15th floor) and within a couple of hours, he had delivered a new repellent to the room, at no charge. Upon check out I noted I thought it ridiculous to be charged for Internet when the Hilton next door offered it for free. He took the charges off the bill, without my asking. He is a top notch employee with an impressive work ethic. From Travis the bellman to Anthony in the gift shop, everyone treated us very well and were eager to help. The room was the most beautiful suite I have ever stayed in. And I have stayed in many all ivermectin the world. It was immaculately clean, with grand views of the grounds and Disney fireworks. We would stay here in a minute, given the opportunity. Thank you to everyone who made our experience so pleasant and special.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the corner suite on the fifteenth floor if you have the opportunity. Views of the golf co...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. We are so thrilled that one of our team members had such an impact during your stay! We hope to see you again soon!
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Great stay in Orlando area. Restaurants are particularly good and worth the expense ( do not miss Bull & Reed).Nice to have such quality and luxury in Disney resort area. Convenient transportation to parks included

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We loved hosting you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future!
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have never wrote a hotel review, but I really enjoyed my stay at the Waldorf so I felt it was needed. I was traveling alone for my birthday. I needed a get away, it had been over a year since I had a vacation. I wanted something nice and relaxing and this was the perfect choice. I also saw that there was a food and wine festival going on so this was the right choice. It had been years since I traveled alone so I was some what nervous but from the time I arrived at the hotel, I was at peace. The hotel is very clean and very elegant which instantly put me in a relax state. The aromatherapy and soft music playing the halls was a dream. When I checked in the desk associate saw that my birthday was the same day as the hotels anniversary, so I was given a free upgrade to a higher floor with a better view which was excellent. My trip was off to a good start. Once I was checked in a settled I was off to the pool. I spent a lot of time at the aquamarine they had the best watermelon mojito and the margherita flat bread pizza was the best I've ever had. My server Ryan was wonderful, I can tell he loves his job. He was very professional and work every table with pride. I am a chef at a AAA five diamond property in Florida about 3 hours away from Orlando so I always pay close attention to the food and service when I stay at luxury hotel, I can't help it. I can truly say the food and service was of the highest quality everything I had from aquamarine, Oscars, pea cook alley was fresh and deelish. I did not get a chance to go to the bull and bear but I plan to on my next trip. I also enjoyed a spa service the spa was nice and the service was good. My room was clean and the view of the pool and golf grounds was very relaxing. I did not have a balcony, but next time I stay, I will get a balcony. I must say I slept like a baby and being alone was not an issue as I felt very safe. Overall I loved my stay and I will stay over and over again. I normally stay at the peabody , the Peabody is a great hotel but I prefer the location and the service of the Waldorf.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed so many of our amenities during you stay! We hope to see you again soon!
Wilmington, DE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I never have written a review about a hotel that I didn't stay at yet but customer service is extremely important to me when I'm searching for hotels. I'm a gold HHonors members and was navigating through the site and found it confusing with the many different rates that are offered. I called the location and spoke with someone in reservations and she was very rude. I'm trying to ask her a question about the different rates and mentioned that I'm a HHonors member and she cut me off to tell me that it doesn't mean anything to them. How dumb are you to say that? It means a lot to you as myself and other customers can stay at the Ritz or JW Marriott instead of Hilton. Immediately, I corrected her and said it does matter as I was thinking about using my points to pay for the room. She says in a condescending voice, oh well that's different. By that time, I was already disgusted with her attitude.

I've stayed at other Waldorf Astoria's and had a great time and stellar customer service so I was shocked to get that type of reaction over the phone. I'm definitely not staying here and would recommend the manager that replies to guest on here require some form of professional development for the night reservations employee.

Room Tip: Don't call the reservations department in the evening.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with a team member at our hotel. One of the cornerstones of the Waldorf Astoria experience brand-wide is unparalleled service and I assure you that the problems you mentioned regarding the level of service you received have been addressed accordingly. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue, and we understand that the makings of a great stay start with the booking process and again we apologize. I hope you will give our hotel a chance if you do visit the area.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed here for the first week of our honeymoon. The hotel was lovely, nice break from the busy Disney we did during the days! The suite we had was a nice size, clean and luxury. It was very quiet and comfortable. Gym was good and the pool is a nice size and wasn't very busy. Drinks are fairly expensive but that tends to be the norm in a nice hotel, we had valet parking which was good and prompt.

Would definitely stay again, it had a nice adult luxury feel and the staff were helpful and friendly. A lovely honeymoon, thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us! We are thrilled that we were able to make your Honeymoon special. Please come back and see us again next year for your anniversary!
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I wanted to go away for his 43 rd birthday so we selected one of our favorite places to visit, mickey's back yard. From the minute you pull up to the drive way you feel pampered, greeted by a very polished, well mannered and friendly doorman name Hector the experience began. Front desk staff welcomed us with a
chilled glass of champagne (which i guess they do every Friday in season) and the bellman was ready and waiting with our luggage to escort us to ou very beautiful suite, with a spectacular view of pool an grounds.

We relaxed by the pool and ordered some specialty cocktails they offer which by the way if you go you have to try! And watched as an amazing wedding was taking place on the golf course.

We enjoyed watching the fire works from our suite but the highlight of our evening was dinner at Bull And Bear! WOW
The ambiance, food and service is like no where else in Orlando. If you go the tasting menu is a food lover's delight. Manny and his team made my husband's birthday very special.

To the entire staff at our new home away from home, THANK YOU!!!

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us! We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy so many of our amenities while on property. We would be honored to host you as our guest again in the future!.

Been to Waldorf Astoria Orlando? Share your experiences!