“Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Dusseldorf
“Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

A comfortable hotel with good service, good restaurant and nice golf course.
Rooms are spacious and well appointed and everything properly worked.
Room service was quick and efficient. Bull and bear restaurant is probably oNe of top five
In orlando but on the expensice side. Food was excellent however and wine list well balanced. Bar and outside area are still cosy as hotel is not as large asthe adjacent hilton or dolphin&swan. Breakfast is ok but could be smarter. Swimmingpool area is nice and pool is good. Golf course is challenging and very beautifull. In all, stayed for 6 nights and was very saqtisfied.

Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Having 2 toddlers who are travelling to Disney for the first time, I was comtemplating whether to stay on Disney properties or off and Waldorf Astoria was the best decision we could ever make.

A. THE LOCATION: It is as close to Magic Kingdom as some of the Disney Resorts such as Coronado Springs, All-Star Sports Resorts...The frequent shuttle service provided to Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria (WA) makes it a convenient, quiet, elegant choice to stay when visiting Disney. Moreover, depends on the location of the room (such as those facing the pool and golf course and are closer to the Hilton property), you might be able to see the fireworks from Epcot at night. Shuttle service goes every 30 minutes (with exact schedule time) to and from MK. Epcot is every hour and Animal Kingdom is evey 2 hours (I think). I've never experienced any shuttle service as on time and precised as this. Disney transportation does not go on schedule. It is more like every 20-25 min. Everyone just form a line and wait.

B: FIRST IMPRESSION: Having passed through the Grand and massive Wyndham at the entrance of Bonnet Creek, I was heartbroken seeing the WA. The hotel building was smaller, the look wasn't resort-ish; but rather a more modern looking building with some unattractive light blue color outside. Even the entrance of the hotel is not as grand as the Hilton next door.

C. THE LOBBY: Big, clean, nice view of the pool but somewhat sterile. Don't expect the Grand lobby look of the WA New York. The multi color neon light behind the check in area was another miss. However, the hotel's goal is trying to achieve a more modern and not traditional look. The marble lobby is very clean.

D. THE ROOM: We had the Deluxe Suite (945 sft) room on the 11th floor with the expansive view of the pool/golf course and fireworks at Epcot. The decor is modern and elegant, simple but tasteful. The separate livingroom has blueray DVD player and the most luxurious pull out queen size sofa bed (I think it was memory foam). The breakfast area has a dining table and chairs for 4 with generous cabinets for wetbar and a small/wine refrigerator. The beds in the bedroom, however, weren't the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in (be advised that we prefer our beds a touch firmer, just personal choice and in no way means that these beds are not comfortable). The marble bathroom is very clean with separate tube and shower. The room is very clean and comfortable overall.

E. THE FOOD: Breakfast buffet at Oscar was decent with made to order omelet, crepes, pancakes, fruits, scrable eggs, sausages, bacon, french toast, smoke salmon, grits, oatmeal, variety of bread, pastries, juices. Service was excellent at the restaurant. La Luce (at Hilton) was a surprisingly good place for delicious Italian food (best pizza, thumbs up for clams with pasta, pork loin and rotisserie chicken). We didn't dine at Bull and Bear because of young children. However, the Manager Brendon was nice enough to allow us to order their food for room service. The steak was 8/10. Wasn't as juicy and sweet and melted in your mouth as I was hoping for. The fish was bland, fishy and dry (5/10).

F. THE SERVICE: The best part about WA. From Georgie, the Assistant Director who was very personable and attentive, to Matt, the food manager, to the housekeepers and their supervisors. Everyone was extremely helpful, attentive. The star of my stay has to go to Michelle (personal concierge), who took all of my groceries that I've ordered thru Garden Grocers(snacks, yogurt, milk....for the kids and water...) and arranged them nicely in the fridge and cabinets before my arrival to the room. That was the best service I've ever experienced.

OVERALL: I visited Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom lodge and villa just to see if I made the right decision and could change it for next time. There was no way on earth I would change my mind. These resorts are older, more crowded, suffocated. I wouldn't want to go back to the same crowd at the park. WA is a choice above and not an alternative if you visit Disney.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool, golf course,near Hilton has view of Epcot and fireworks
Perry, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Wow....there are still a few wonderful amazing hotels in the world. We recently stayed here for my sons spring break. They guys spent the weekend fishing and playing golf and I treated myself to the spa and a day by the pool. Great staff. Amazing room, we were upgraded thanks to my Hilton Honors status. Amazing Kind suite with a nice queen memory foam pull out for my son. Huge bathroom with great soaking tub. Wonderful espresso machine in the room. Room service at breakfast was outstanding. Over the top amazing customer service. We will be back!

Room Tip: become a Hilton Honor's member and recieve upgrades
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

The Waldorf in Orlando knows about excellent customer and shows this through their high level of customer satisfaction. We spent New Years Eve at this hotel and could not have had a better time. We only had 1 complaint while we were there. The people in the room next to us we're talking VERY loudly and we could hear their entire conversation so we called down to the front desk and they got noticeably quieter after that. I'm. It sure how it was handled but good for the Waldorf. We will definitely stay there again.

The pool area is absolutely beautiful and there was a wedding taking place while I was there so you can view an actual wedding while sitting in the whirlpool having drinks brought to you by very attractive poolside cocktail waitresses. Excellent facilities. Top notch service. Beautiful hotel. They put the 5 stars in 5 stars.

Room Tip: The park view rooms are worth the price.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and the positive review of your stay. We take pride in the service we provide and I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful vacation at our hotel. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Orlando!
Renton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We had six people traveling with us. Three generations of our family. We booked a suite and regular room. We were worried that they would not be adjoining as we were hoping. Morgan at the front desk was wonderful. She accomodated our request and that took all of the stress out of the trip so we were able to have a great time. Morgan has a great attention to detail, warm customer service, and professionalism. The rooms were clean, pool well managed, great room service and pool service. We loved the private bus that took us to and from each Disney resort. We also took advantage of the Nespresso machines in each room - coffee provided in the room was a life saver. The whole week was very comfortable, clean, well managed, and stress/hassle free. We would definitely stay at the Waldorf again when in Orlando.

Room Tip: Make sure you take advantage of the neighboring Hilton's lazy river and decent sushi restaurant.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
A family vacation for the memory books! We are glad that we could be part of your vacation and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming your family back.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed here in January 2011 for a conference at a different hotel and again in 2012 for the same conference. I loved everything about the property in 2011, however, in 2012 I was unable to sleep as the mattress was like a cloud of fiber fill. My back and neck were in pain the first night. I asked if the hotel could do anything, but they could not so I slept on the floor. While I love the property I cant return in 2013. I travel frequently and never had a similar problem.
Otherwise I continue to love this hotel. The Peacock Alley has a great pianist who plays in the evening and creates a very relaxing environment.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for letting us know about your experience with the bedding. The Waldorf Bed is soft and plush - while most enjoy the bed I understand that each guest has individual preferences. It is our team's goal to accomodate everyone's preferences and I am disappointed to hear that we did not provide options. I have discussed this with the operational teams and how it can be approached better in the future.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

The Waldorf presents itself as a premium brand, ha! This place is just a step above the Holiday Inn and it could have been so much nicer with just a bit more attention to detail. The lobby is lovely, I was annoyed that they charge for self parking, it's Disney and so many travel by private car or rental, there should be an option. The check in was nice, I upgraded online to a suite which was in size, sensational! Over 1700 square feet with a balcony for an extra $90 I felt was well worth it. But in the normal Waldorf style they "cheaped" out on so many things. The suite was huge with a nice bar. The bathroom was huge with a teany tiny tub! They had the room for a nice tub, but NO they put in this nothing tub. The lighting in the bathroom was SO poor, the CEO should try to shave with that lighting! The bed was way to soft and the TV was at an angle from the bed. Amenities were just so-so for a so called top hotel. The worst was the charges for WiFI, what a rip off! And they do something to block your 3G or 4G, I could not log on to my IPad ATT account. WiFi is free at the pool and in the lobby, but that was pretty inconvinient. These hotels and their added WiFi charges, I get it, they just want to milk every dime out of a traveler, but come on, it's the 21st Century and just about everyone is on line. Very annoying. The room finishes were "cheap" and the ergonomics of the room was odd, they should make hotel designers actually stay in a room to test it out. The views were great of the golf couse and the pool area was very nice. There was just "something" missing in the whole experience. And check out is at 11AM how silly is that unless you are on your way to Disney (I wasn't) so had to rush out. I asked for a later check out and they rudely said "NO". I would not return to this hotel, there are so many to choose from everywhere.

Room Tip: Suites have balconies which are nice. West facing rooms get the hot sun in the afternoon
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us, and providing feedback regarding your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the upgraded accomodations. However, I am disappointed to read that you experienced a couple challenges. With regards to 3G cellular access, our hotel generally has outstanding coverage but I am aware of a couple days recently where certain mobile carriers were upgrading equipment causing the resort area to have limited 3G/4G coverage. Additionally, we offer complimentary high-speed internet in our lobby, pool area, and food & beverage outlets. I have reviewed your comments with our leadership team so we can take action to continually improve. I hope you will allow us a second opportunity to experience our hotel.

Been to Waldorf Astoria Orlando? Share your experiences!