“Great Service! Attention to detail. Large, comfortable suites. Slightly cavernous in areas.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Orlando

WINTER RATES FROM $299*!
Ranked #19 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011 via mobile

I'm concluding a 6 night stay while writing this review observing the 5 star service this property consistently provides it's guests. At any given time there is a high ratio of staff to guests walking through the hotel lobby.
The hotel is on Disney property at Bonnet Creek, but the property doesn't provide all the same benefits as a hotel on sight property like the Grand Floridian or Contemporary.
We stayed at this property as a family visiting Disney Theme Parks. The WA functioned well in this capacity, but I see this property as better suited for corporate meetings and functions. For instance, when we checked in I needed to buy Disney tickets and I was informed that we had to make our way over to the adjacent Hilton in order to buy tickets. Considering that this is a WA property I would expect that Disney tickets and conveniences would be on property for guests.
The lobby of the WA fills the guest with senses of blues and whites. According to employees the center piece clock is a replica of the clock at WA in NYC. The only difference is that the NYC clock is gold and this is silver. From my standpoint, the big difference is that the WA NYC clock is filled with tradition in a beautiful traditional lobby while this clock is new and in an unimpressive lobby that is neither quaint, warm or impressive.
My daughter (15 years old) observed that the property didn't feel like a "special Disney" hotel and that it felt more like it belonged in Los Angeles or any other American urban setting.
The suite we stayed in was large almost to the point of feeling cavernous. Now, traveling with children large works out well and is functional. The bathroom was huge with both a shower and tub.
In November we stayed at the WA in NY and those rooms are older, but more quaint and comfortable with the fire place and tradition that doesn't get built over night in a new structure.
The coffee maker was an issue for our family in that it was loud considering we wake up earlier than our children and crave that morning cup of coffee. I liked the coffee system, but it didn't please my wife.
The bar area on the lobby level felt large and lacked the cozy, comfortable, warm feeling that a property like this should offer.
The hotel provides bus service to the parks on a regular basis, but we decided to drive as waiting is not my favorite activity. Yes, I know, this is Disney.
Hilton Diamond and Gold members do not receive complimentary breakfast and there is no executive lounge. For me, this is a major drawback and offers me no incentive to stay at this property vs other competitors.
From my standpoint I would stay at the JW Marriott or the Ritz over this property because of the feel and overall experiences I've had at that property over numerous visits to Orlando. I would suggest staying at the Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge over this property if you are visiting to do the Disney Theme parks.
I would consider this property for a business function or weekend getaways if Disney isnt the only reason for your visit.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

From the moment you pull up and the doorman opens your door to greet you to the time you check out, every second at the Waldorf is special! This hotel is truly beautiful and the staff makes you feel one of a kind. We loved everything about this hotel and we can not wait to come back and spend another weekend here!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

We had a great trip to the Waldorf Astori Orlando. We stayed in a one bedroom suite for 7 nights. I have decided I can only share a room with the kiddos for a couple nights, and after that I need a condo or a suite. The Waldorf Astoria, provided a suprisingly affordable suite option. It was perfect for us. The fold out couch is a Tempra-pedic (sp?) bed, and is superb. After a day at the parks our kids slept like logs. My husband and I had our own space in the bedroom to relax and unwind with a great flat screen TV.

Hiking through parks every day is exhausting and this hotel was an amazing retreat from the crazziness. The service was outstanding, and the accomodations soooo comfortable. Just what you need.

We stopped at Publix (grocery store) at the Universal exit 0.3 mi off the fwy and picked up beer, wine, snacks and cereal on the way from the airport. The room has a sink, refrig, and plenty of space for your snacks. There is a full patio to relax and watch the epcot and MK fireworks in the distance. The hotel room has a ton of storage, and all of our belongings were tucked away in drawers or one of the THREE closets.

Unbeknowst to me, the package I booked included parking and two daily breakfast vouchers. Score!

We rode the bus to the parks most days (we drove two days). The bus was comfy, with AC and usually with a Disney short playing for the kids. The buses each do two stops, so you will always have one extra stop either coming or going. That was fine. Disneyworld is really spread out, being Californians we were used to waking from one park to the next, but Disney has a lot more land out in Florida so you spend more time in transit.

The big question...should we have stayed at a "Disney Property". We felt we made the right decision here. I believe the Waldorf is actually in Disneyworld. Carribean Beach and Pop Century (I think) were neighbors visible from our balcony. The Disney properies I considered seem to be so worn out and low on service issues, reivewers were just thrilled to be at a Disney property and were willing to not nit pick at the details. Sorry, I'm picky....I pick the Waldorf.

Tips: The restaurant at the Hilton allows two free kid means for one adult entree....eg a steal. Consider bringing water rings for the lazy river at the Hilton we packed 6 from home. AA vacations gave us a great package rate with air.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I travel often so i nornally do not have time to rate a hotel. However, The Waldorf is exceptional. It is a true five star eperience. The living room in our suite facing Disneyworld perfectly framed the fireworks. I was especially pleased with the housekeeper. Each day got better and better as we discovered towels folded into characters like what we would find on a cruise ship. Everything was placed neatly in drawers and tucked away in an orderly fashion. The experience was like a personal housekeeper than a hotel housekeeper. For hotel management who may commend this person, I think our room was 974 from December 7-10

Room Tip: Choose a room facing Disneyworld it will be worth the money.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I loved this hotel and would definitely stay there again. The accommodations and the staff were both lovely. The rooms were very large and clean and I was a huge fan of the turn-down service and the fact that the toiletries were Salvatore Ferragamo.

I also had the best club sandwich of my life in the hotel bar, Peacock Alley. The room service was very good as well.

The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to the four Disney parks and to Downtown Disney. The shuttle service was great and always on time.

While I did not have the opportunity to use the pool, it looked amazing. This hotel is a nice, quiet place to stay (no screaming children here) that is definitely a lot more relaxing than staying at any other properties near Disney.

*I wish I had taken some photos of the hotel but the hotel looks exactly like it does in the "professional photos" on their website... which is rare in most cases.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Hard to compete with a glass of champagne upon arrival...a special touch that I welcomed in today's fast paced and stressful world !

Strikingly warm and welcoming front desk and Concierge staff...name recognition is artfully executed especially by the reception staff and guest services personnel on the phone. Spectacular brunch at Oscar's restaurant - reasonably priced and excellent selection.

Grounds are immaculate, beds are supremely comfortable,

While I noticed some inconsistencies throughout my stay, I certainly did not allow them to damper an otherwise most enjoyable and relaxing stay.

A joy to see the Waldorf Brand rising the bar of classic and timeless elegance for the modern world...

Room Tip: Ask for a High floor
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

i was here for a conference and stayed 4 nights.
it was a much better option than any of the hotels near Disney, BUT it Was inconvenient.
i was glad not to be near too many brats though, so that worked out.
Good size rooms, good service

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Waldorf Astoria Orlando? Share your experiences!