“IF YOU WANNA BE A KING, GO TO WALDORF. EXCELLENT” 5 of 5 stars

RATES FROM $209*!
Ranked #20 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“IF YOU WANNA BE A KING, GO TO WALDORF. EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

This is a kind of Hotels that you feel very happy from you stop at the door. The staff, ALL STAFF, are really friendly and very helpful. The rooms are enormous whit all amenities you need, plus Nespresso Coffee Maker. Bathrooms are amazing. Swimming pool and Jacuzzi are the place to be. And you can use the pool river at the Hilton that is very close walking to.
IF you go without car, don´t worry, Waldorf offer complimentary shuttle service from to all Disney Parks, including Downtown Disney.

Room Tip: Secret Tip: There a 40 usd plus tax for every device you connect to wifi from your room. But if you...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I decided to visit the Waldorf for a romantic get away this weekend (we live in Tampa) and must say our expectations were not only met but exceeded!. We were warmly welcomed the moment we arrived from everyone from the valet, the bellman, the front desk staff. all very sincere and in step with a top notch accommodations. When I asked the front desk staff for extra cream and coffee later in the stay, they were quick, and very helpful with my request and followed up shortly after it was delivered (love the follow up).

Our suite was breath taking over looking the pool area and Disney were you could watch the Epcot fireworks from our private balcony, very, very clean, with attention to detail from the cool Italian coffee maker to the comfy couch to curl up and watch the sun set. The bed is amazing and finally figured out it had a really thick feather topper on it that made you feel like you were sleeping on a cloud! Linens were crisp but soft and hard to leave (I would love to buy in the shop, hint hint).

We also had a chance to meet another couple for dinner at the Bull and Bear and also had a first class experience there as well. The Auqamarine wait staff by the pool on Saturday (9/24) was friendly and recommend a sinfully refreshing cocktail while listening to LIVE music which was perfect. Although we did not have a chance to take advantage of the private pool side cabanas this trip, we will check it out on our next visit, they looked perfect!

I also noticed that the housekeeping staff was not as noticeable and intrusive as some hotels but still did an excellent job, straightening and leaving things perfect after the TWICE daily visit to straighten bed linens and leaving chocolate mints and a weather advisory for the next day on our pillow!

I know I am missing a million details that made this weekend special for us but would love to thank the entire staff for a job well done on such a relaxing get away!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Room Tip: Would upgrade to the deluxe suite, great view and balcony
Columbus, Ohio

Accommodations:
We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and originally had booked a deluxe room. Upon arrival, the room wasn't ready and we were upgraded to a one bedroom balcony suite, which was fabulous! It was decorated beautifully and very comfortable. Bathroom was very large and roomy.
The hotel itself was also beautiful and smelled great. I think they pump some sort of scent throughout the hallways. :)
Pools are very nice and comfortable lounge chairs. We also checked out the Hilton's pool, which had a fun lazy river.
The hotel was also very quiet at night. There was a HUGE conference during the week we were there and the lobby was really loud (Peacock lounge) but we had a drink at the bar in Bear & the Bull and you couldn't hear the conference people at all. Our room/floor was also nice & quiet.

Dining:
We ate at La Luce (at the Hilton next door). It was one of the best dinners my husband and I have ever had. Definitely try the asparagus salad. We also tried the Harvest Bistro, which was good but very overpriced. Actually, most of the restaurants are expensive but I guess that's what you would expect at the Waldorf....We had room service 2-3 times because of a $50 resort credit we had with our hotel package each night. Room service was also very good. Try the side of macaroni & cheese....I'm sure it's horrible for your waistline but was soooo good.

Service:
Everyone was really nice and friendly, offering us bottles of water while we waited for the shuttle, asking if we needed anything.
The shuttles to Disney were also prompt and very easy to find at the parks for pick-up back to the hotel.

The only negatives were:
TV kept freezing (I think it was their satellite service provider) which wasn't a huge deal except when we were trying to watch live sports--it was a little annoying.
No dishes, cutlery in the kitchenette area. I guess I never asked for any though--they may have brought some up if I'd asked. (We bought milk & cereal at a convenience store for breakfasts as we are not huge breakfast eaters.)
We did not have a car but the parking is $20 per day. If you plan on going to the parks, it's another $14 per day to park there so you're really spending a ton for a car.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I had a chance to have a banquet at this hotel and while there had a look at some of their rooms. Great value during the off-season and great location. From a number of rooms you can see EPCOT and the nightly fireworks show. Very friendly staff. Has it own golf course along with the Hilton next door. Easy to get to WDW.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
WA_Orlando, Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Thank you for the positive review. It is always great to hear that our team members helped create a special occasion.
Southampton Parish, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Great great great hotel;. Very clean, very quiet, and very quick service. The only thing that was just okay was the Spa, don't get me wrong but, it was nice but could have had some better staff. Went there twice while at hotel firstly for a pedicure which the lady had to tell me her life story and the pedicure ended up taking over an hour to finish (which was not a nice job) second time for a message which was very nice!

Hotel staff was all about helping us out. VERY GAY FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE!

Always had taxi's waiting outside.

Had to be one of the best hotels i have ever stayed at! A+ Hotel

Room Tip: Just tell them what you need call them!
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Lovely hotel, top notch service, and great location near disney attractions. The breakfast was excellent, poolside servers were attentive and friendly. The rooms are comfortable, the beds are fabulous, and the bathroom is well appointed with everything you would need. I would absolutely stay here again and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us - I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. More so, we are happy to hear that we can look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Recently spent 3 days at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando and I highly recommend it. Every aspect of my stay was first-rate. I was immediately and warmly greeted by the hotel desk staff who were eager to assist. Check-in was a breeze. And, I was upgraded to a suite due to the hotel being at capacity.

My room was outstanding, scrupulously clean, with large overstuffed furniture, big marble bath with separate glass shower, stacks of huge towels, robes, high-end bath products, etc. I loved the Nespresso espresso/coffee machine and free bottled water, as well. Everything was brand new.

The king-size bed was heavenly. I don't usually sleep well in hotels (which isn't fun since I travel frequently for work and pleasure), but I enjoyed several nights of great sleep at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando. Huge down pillows, high thread count linens, beyond comfy comforter -- it was a struggle to get out of bed each morning.

I cannot say enough about the friendliness of the staff. Every staff person I encountered stopped what they were doing and greeted me (often by name), asked how I was, how my stay was going, etc. The desk staff was eager to help with every request I had.

We were coordinating a large dinner with clients staying at the hotel but at another location. Without needing to be asked, the front desk staff and the team out front stepped in to help us when they saw us rushing about trying to get clients into several shuttle buses leaving for the event.

We had a night cap in the bar after an evening event at the hotel ended. It seemed like all of the other 450 people attending the event had the same idea, so all of the hotel bars were very busy. We found a table and I thought, forget it, we'll never get service. Then I noticed staff members from all over the hotel streaming in to help with the unexpected overflow of bar patrons (it was almost 11 p.m.). Clearly, the hotel immediately recognized the situation and responded. Our drink orders were taken promptly and delivered to us in no time. When several other friends joined our table, they were quickly served. Nice work!

My room was freshly made up promptly each day. I noticed little things, like my papers were neatly restacked, or shoes realigned into a straight line. During turn-down service each night they freshened up the room again, closed the drapes and put the TV on soothing music channel and a lamp so I wouldn't return to a dark room.

I would return to the Waldorf Astoria in a heartbeat. My only regret is that I didn't have time to enjoy more of the amenities. The pool looked gorgeous as did the golf course.

Room Tip: The upgrade to a suite is well worth it. And see if you can get one that faces the golf course.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Such a flattering review, thank you for taking the time to let the world know about your stay. We pride ourselves for the team atmosphere among our employees, and I am happy to hear that you noticed this on a couple occasions. However, I am sorry to hear that you were too busy to enjoy our recreational facilities - I guess this gives you the excuse to come back on vacation! Thank you again.

Been to Waldorf Astoria Orlando? Share your experiences!