“Amazing property and staff, I will be back!” 5 of 5 stars

RATES FROM $209*!
Ranked #20 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Amazing property and staff, I will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

The Waldorf Astoria was amazing. The property and the grounds was impeccable. I would like to comment on the staff from the bellman, registration, conceirge, food service, housekeeping, and most of the the security. I was very impressed with Robert Perez and they way he conducted himself and his team. I felt very secure throughout my stay. I highly reccomend the Waldorf Astoria.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

This hotel is amazing! Not only is it beautiful, clean and luxurious, the service is impeccable! This family will definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Arrived here for a family holiday, 10 days as the golf course is at the hotel ground and close to Mickey. We stayed at the Waldorf suite ( they have several types - this one was the biggest)
Good things:All looked clean and nice. View was very nice. Pool was clean and looking fresh. Breakfast food was fresh.rooms were clean and bathroom nice and spacious.
Few things that were not up to Waldorf feel of greatness:
-Both bathrooms were in the part of the appartment where the bedroom was, hence if you had the visitors, they all had to go into your bedroom to use the toilet ( basically the bedroom had 2separate toilets / bathrooms connected to it and the only way getting to them was via the bedroom.
-the beds were not the best quality, very soft and not good for your back. Hilton has quality mattresses that you can adjust the hardness, very surprised that they did not use the same.
Pillows veer very large and hard. Hilton has option of selection your own pillows.
Again, very strange that hotel like this , also being part of Hilton, did not learn. Other Waldorfs are much better at these things.
-the staff that worked at the breakfast was clearly stressed. They were pushed to serve and smile, and it felt very wrong, that they had such an obvious pressure to perform, clean, serve, etc... Everyone looked scared to make any mistake.
-at the suite we had kitchen that did not have any dishes in it. No cups, no mugs, no cutlery or any other kitchen supply. Strange as you have this huge empty, useless kitchen, and when we asked to bring them, they did brinng cutlery and dishes for exactly 3 people only to remove it all next morning during the room cleaning!!
There was coffee machine but not water boiler for thee. We do not drink coffee so asked for the water boiler and were told that this was not possible. My partner has to speak to the manager twice before we were given a simple thing like a wate cooker.

All in all, looks nice, for people who do not travel much, this will be premium, for frequent travelers, who go to premium hotels this will feel rather not satisfying.

Room Tip: Suites have very nice view
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Kraków
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

If want to avoid all this Disney crowd that's the place for you. It is located a little bit of the family crowd corridor, next to the golf course, nice views, excellent pool, big rooms and nice staff.
We've stayed there for a week, got a car at the hotel so we were able not to get to bored.

And it is not a WA where you need to follow a dress code, it's still Florida... :)

• Stayed September 2010
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I am admittedly a hotel snob and have stayed in some of the best hotels in the locations to where I travel and the Waldorf Orlando is, by far, the very best in Orlando. It is luxurious and elegant with a very modern exterior (not what I expected). Staff was the most professional, courteous and extremely helpful (with the exception of a couple of valet personnel, who acted like they were doing me or management a favor - the only drawback from a hotel that receives the highest marks in each and every category you can come up with). The turndown service was the best I've had - I returned to a room with classical music on the large flat screen tv, slippers by my bed, bench cleared off, water by the bedside. I was so impressed that I wrote her a note with a nice tip (as I had forgotten to leave one in my haste to go shopping) and left it with the front desk. The bathroom offers you a separate tub from a shower; and while I love a good soak, I take a bath in a hotel - except here. A single king size room is very large and I believe the sofa maybe a pull out. I don't sleep well when I travel, especially alone, yet I fell asleep immediately in the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, anywhere. I even removed the linen to find out the brand so I could buy the pillows, they were perfect. This is a quiet, sophisticated hotel and I didn't see the usual unruly, screaming kids running around; especially for being located in the Epcot resort area of Walt Disney World. I would even recommend staying here while visiting any of the Orlando area theme parks (check to confirm but you can always buy the Express Passes instead of staying at one of the property's hotels), or while on business in downtown (which is where I had to travel to). I didn't have much time to enjoy The Guerlain Spa, but I did treat myself to a wash/style inside their hair salon (so convenient to have one in the hotel, instead of driving to another location) - which is high end and accordingly priced. The stylist did a great job on my hair, but the Florida humidity is cruel and one of the least attractive parts of summer; so keep this in mind. I only got to stay one night but I will most certainly return with either the hubby for a romantic visit or with the teenagers for a family outing. Needless to say, I absolutely loved this place and it is definitely my favorite hotel (favorite resort - Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz, NY). **NOTE** I did have a problem locating this hotel on both my Garmin GPS system and my IPad2's GPS application (not worth the $30 cost). Keep the hotel's number handy in case you have to call for guidance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room w/a Disney view (overlooking the pool) to watch the nightly fireworks show
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stay in great hotels all over the world but the waldorf orlando might just be my new favourite. We were there for a week doing all the theme parks and the stay was perfect in every level. Our suite was fantastic. The food in the hotel is excellent and thE service first class in all areas of the hotel from pool to concierge.

The pool deck is great and the perfect place to relax after a tough day of lines and screaming kids.

Location is great for everything and I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed August 2011
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is a very sophisticated, elagant otel. Rooms are spacey. The staff is very helpful. The only problem we had was with room cleaning and it was a very little detail. They fixed it immediately.
So I recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for a comfortable, spacey, friendly place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Waldorf Astoria Orlando? Share your experiences!