“Very nice accomodations but not 5-star service.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
WINTER RATES FROM $299*!
Ranked #19 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Florida
“Very nice accomodations but not 5-star service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

This is a lovely property and the accommodations are very nice, however, the service is not what I would expect from a 5-star resort. We stayed in 2 king executive suite rooms. The suites had a separate living room with a wet bar area & mini-fridge. The balcony was great, but for some reason there was only one chair on ours so the two of us couldn't enjoy the nice view of the golf course & pool area at the same time. Our bed was oddly higher at the foot - not sure what the cause of that was - it was just odd. The linens & pillows were nice. The bathroom was luxe with a separate tub/shower. The live music on Friday & Saturday night in the "Peacock Alley" lounge was fantastic. There were some interesting libations listed on the lounge menu so we tried several of them. My "Alpine Pear" cocktail ($14) was wonderful until I noticed a dead fly was floating in it. The server was kind enough to bring another one promptly when I pointed this out to her, but I was a little surprised that it wasn't complimentary...not that I'm looking for something for free, but I guess I kinda expected that level of service from a 5-star when you serve someone an insect. On Friday night (1-2am) there was an overnight party with loud music, etc., going on in a room adjacent to that of the other couple in our party. Security went to the offending room, but afterward there was banging on the door and prank doorbell ringing which was disconcerting & frankly, a little scary - particularly since our group had not interacted with them at all & had left it up entirely to security to resolve. Though the following day, hotel staff were nice enough to move the other couple in our party to another room on a different floor. While we certainly don't blame the hotel for the ridiculous behavior of these other "guests", it did cast a pall over our weekend. Again, this is a lovely property with some nice amenities (servers in the lobby greeting you with champagne in the afternoon, chilled citrus-infused water available in the lobby), but next time I think we'll stick with the Ritz-Carlton.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011 via mobile

This beautiful location set inside the middle of Disney is perfectly set on an immaculate golf course! Very nice resort!

• Stayed April 2011
Bay Shore, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Good for business travelers who need to be apart from the disney crowd not too family friendly. Go to sister hotel next door at the Hilton for a great pool. If you have children be prepared to get stared down....by the staff and business travelers at hotel. Rooms are nice hotel is lovely but food is extremely overpriced and slow to come out. My particular room had to be cleaned and refrigerator did not work although the manager on duty took $50 off bill and replaced it next day

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Holte, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

After a disastrous stay in a 5-star de Luxe hotel in Italy together with my wife we travelled to Orlando with the family. What a difference.... We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria, Orlando Fl. The only comment I can provide is that this is a truly outstanding hotel from any perspective. The service, the rooms, attractive for couples and for children, the restaurants, the gym, friendliness of staff. Great value and wonderful luxury in an easy going way in the middle of Disney busyness. A problem at check-in was being treated fast and with total focus on customer satisfaction. We will definitely go back!!

Uberlandia, MG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

When I was choosing the hotel for our vacation I took under consideration all reviews I`ve read at trip advisor. All the terrible reviews were about service, so I went expecting to battle for a good service.
Here I am now, two days after arriving and I just couldn't wait to write my review.
The hotel is amazing, beautiful, clean and sophisticated. The pool is excellent, just the right temperature. The pool boy is very helpful. In fact, about the services : WONDERFUL. I didn't have any problems or questions that weren't solved right away and with courtesy and a smile. Everyone here is great.
The room service was simply delicious. In the room there’s a big television filled with channels, which is something very hard to find in a hotel; a bathroom with a big sink, tub AND shower, besides being extremely clean.
Wi-fi is free while at the lobby. You have to pay when in your room, but it isn't very expensive.
The breakfast is extraordinary, and the servers there helpful and efficient.
I'm having an amazing time, and I hope to be back time and time again.
Everything here is impeccable!!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Beautiful hotel but it falls short in some areas. Check-in desk is the most "professional" place in the hotel, room service is fast however they never brought a table cloth and the food was served on the table without prior cleaning and covering. 22% tip is included in the total price of the room service and there is also a 3$ fee for the room service (you can tip more if you want).
The hotel does have milk for the little ones but they do not have organic milk. I would expect a regular hotel not to have organic milk but in my opinion this in not any hotel...
Now the good stuff: beautiful view from the balcony; beautiful, spacious and clean rooms; impressive lobby. The food is good regardless of the restaurant you choose.

Room Tip: Ask for Disney view room.
Newport, South Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011 via mobile

Following a fantastic stay last summer, we decided to return to the Waldorf for the Easter Vacation. Whilst the hotel and grounds were still fabulous, the service was a complete let down to what we had experienced previously. On 4 separate occasions I had to ring for Housekeeping to come and clean the room - something you would expect to happen when you've been out all day! The attitude of some staff members was not what you would expect from this grade of Hotel and I was bitterly disappointed. When I asked the Pool guy about booking a cabana, he turned his back on me and walked away. I don't believe that he went through the standard 5 interviews before he was given the job. Suffice to say that were he one of my staff, he would have been shown the door! Overall, the hotel service was disappointing and whilst I appreciate that it was busy over the Easter period, the experience is one which I would not repeat any time soon.

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Waldorf Astoria Orlando? Share your experiences!