“Wonderful Experience- would highly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars

RATES FROM $209*!
Ranked #20 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lake Mary, Florida
“Wonderful Experience- would highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando this past weekend (Memorial Day). Being a family with 2 small children (ages 4 and 7), we were not sure if it would be an ideal family hotel. But we were wrong- it was perfect! My kids loved staying at the "fancy hotel" as they called it!
The service was top notch, our suite was clean and comfortable, and the pool area was fantastic.
I would highly recommend this hotel to families with younger children.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at the Waldorf Astoria in Orlando and wanted to write this review straight away ! This place looks amazing from the minute you enter the property, the lobby is stunning, check in was smooth and efficient we had chosen the optional upgrade when booking and were upgraded to a Waldorf suite with a Disney view. The suite was huge with 2 1/2 bathrooms and a lovely Disney view from the balcony, lovely furnishings but with a lot of un-useable space ( this is only my personal design view not really a criticsm ! ) All the staff at the hotel were very pleasant and every member greeted us, especially the gentleman that checked us in even remembering my name 2 days after we checked in very very impressive. I decided to treat my partner to a very special private dinner, after checking with the fantastic lady concierge I learned that they had no private rooms that were small enough for 2 people ( quite understandable too ) she suggested an in room dining experience and set up a meeting with the In room dining manager Gino Rincon. He could not have been more helpful, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the dinner, he made great suggestions and then followed them all through. A great big thank you to him for making our evening so spectacular. We found out after the event that this was the first time that they had ever done this dining experience , which makes it even more impressive ! Other thanks must go to some other members of his team, thankyou to the wonderful Martha such a fun lady and to Goba and the server that looked after us all evening so sorry we cannot remember your name and to the gentleman that was running around behind the scenes all to make our evening so special THANKYOU ALL SO MUCH !!
Must also mention the free shuttle to the Disney Parks and Downtown Disney it works really well but ask where the bus is going before you board as my partner ended up back where he had started.
The only downside that we found with the hotel is whilst the disney view is great especially for the fireworks at two Disney parks, the hotel will have functions going on outside ( we live in the countryside and are not used to any noise at all so this may not bother some people ) although the latest a function went on until was 10.00pm we did find this very disturbing and did complain to Tara Tait who dealt with it beyond our expectations so a big thankyou to her too.
All in all I cannot recommend this hotel more ( keep in mind the outside functions though ) and am really looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: if you dont mind function noise ask for a Disney w
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Stayed in a suite overlooking the golf club and the front of the hotel. Even the view of the front of the hotel is great from a higher floor. They do a great job keeping the grounds looking beautiful.

We took advantage of the pool at the Hilton connected to the Waldorf Astoria Orlando which features a great lazy river and pool bar. The pool at the Waldorf was much quieter but the Hilton pool had more of a party atmosphere.

The service at the Waldorf Orlando lived up to its reputation! Everyone we encountered was very helpful and quick to offer assistance. We contacted housekeeping asking for more coffee in our room and they quickly took care of our request. My only complaint is that they did not offer tea in the suite as well. Its kind of crazy to pay for tea when most hotels give it for free.

We also had breakfast at Oscar's. The buffet was amazing! They even make you crepes while you wait! It's a bit pricey but we thought the food was worth it. Wish they included mimosas in the price!

Room Tip: Disney view is not of Magic Kingdom
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

My family and I have just returned from our THIRD stay at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando! This particular visit was very special in that I was there celebrating my 40th birthday. My husband had surprised me with a grand birthday trip to Aruba just a few weeks prior to this. While Aruba was breathtakingly beautiful, their accommodations left a little to be desired. I am a recovering “hotel snob” and while there, I couldn’t help thinking (out loud) about the Waldorf.

My very perceptive husband took the hint and the rest as they say, is history.

We arrived at the Waldorf and just like on our two subsequent visits, the valet personnel were courteous and professional. Throughout the duration of our week long stay, we were always offered cold waters as we entered/exited our vehicle. Additionally, they were always more than happy to provide driving directions. My husband would like for me to send a special thank you to William. He remembers us year after year and goes out of his way to be cordial… thank you William.

At check-in, much to our surprise, we’d already been checked –in! After a very FULL flight, we really just wanted to get to our room. So, this was a very thoughtful gesture. Everyone at the front desk knew that it was my birthday and extended to me very kind birthday wishes. I was very appreciative of the warm sentiments. As we began to walk away from the desk, my family and I were shocked (in a good way) when a lovely young lady, wearing a warm smile, appeared from a side door.

She introduced herself as Nicola Gonda, the Personal Concierge Supervisor for the Waldorf Astoria Orlando. We knew exactly who she was- as she had made us feel so welcome on our last visit. We were unable to meet with her on our last stay; and it was really nice to finally meet her and express our thanks for the awesome job she’s doing.

Now, my family and I travel a lot. We’ve never however, had the Concierge Supervisor personally escort us to our room. Nicola did just that. We had been upgraded to a MAGNIFICANT suite with a BEAUTIFUL view! Nicola stood by silently as my husband, son and I, toured the room. She allowed me to “stumble” upon a gorgeous birthday cake, compliments of the Waldorf! I was speechless…my husband and I are still trying to figure out how she obtained the picture for the cake.

Not to be left out, Nicola even provided a little something special for the dinosaur lover in the family. Who, just like a kid, conveniently mentioned that he’s phasing out his love for dinosaurs…kids!

Throughout the trip, special things like this were done for us. I was even left a cute gift basket from housekeeping! The customer service and hospitality of the Waldorf Astoria Orlando continues to be unmatched.

The hotel is I believe, entering into it’s third year and it looks as immaculate as it did during it’s opening year. Everything continues to be clean and in wonderful condition. Even the cabanas around the pool were in top shape. As you know, being exposed to the elements, pool furniture and the like can get a bit worn. Sitting inside our cabana we took notice of how nice everything looked. Having a TV inside was an added bonus, according to my son 

I apologize for such a long review but I just can’t say enough good things about this hotel. As I mentioned earlier, this was our third visit and we’re already making plans for a fourth. We can’t wait!

The Marks Family

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

I've stayed in lots of resorts and the Waldorf Astoria Orlando is in my top five of favorites. The room in which I stayed was stylish, comfortable and luxurious. A resort should be able to provide a guest with quality sleep and the Waldorf Astoria passes this criterion with flying colors. The mattress and bedding were top notch and the HVAC was quiet.

My wife and I spent a few days at the amusement parks, and after each long day, spending the evening, chillaxing in our room was just as great as our daytime activities. For the first time staying at a hotel, I literally felt like I was at home. The furniture and decor made the stay comfortable and having two--yes, TWO--large flat screens was amazing.

The staff were great. They were friendly and engaging. At breakfast the chef pointed out the crab meat for omelets, and I joked that they needed avocados. The chef was willing to somehow acquire avocados based on my simple joking. That's service!

Lastly the attention to detail is what really blew me away. No detail was overlooked.The toiletries, by Agraria, were lavish (I love the pomegranate smell). This is the first room I ever seen that had a Blu-Ray player and a Sub-Zero mini-fridge. Even the balcony furniture and chaises by the pool were high quality when compared to some resorts that compromise by supplying outdoor furniture made of resin.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

My first visit to a Waldorf Astoria property was delightful - mostly because I went for free on points and flew my parents in for the weekend before Thanksgiving to enjoy some sun at the property.

- Pool: gorgeous, immaculately cared for and staffed by very attentive servers - although I will say it was not at all busy, so we got plenty of attention
- Service: excellent - never had an extra set of towels come to my room faster!
- Prices: it's the Waldorf, and high prices are expected. Drinks were good at the pool and in the $10 range

To my dismay, another HH Diamond guest was comped breakfast (a typical frequent guest perk that I was denied despite multiple calls to the property). I didn't feel like arguing at the desk, but if you have status I suggest you press the front desk for bonus perks. (I did get upgraded to a suite, which was lovely).

Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Seal Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I stayed here for a conference. I won't repeat what has already said about the positive attributes of the hotel, including a very nice, beautiful room with a wonderful view of the pool, spacious bathroom, nice desk with good lighting and many plug-in outlets.

The two downsides to staying here was that the hotel maid service moved my personal toiletries from the sink counter into a drawer in the bathroom. Unfortunately, I do not like my personal things moved around. When I came back to my room in the afternoon, I could not find my personal toiletries including my medications where I had left them. Long story short, a call to the front desk and then a visit by hotel security solved the mystery. My items had been moved into a drawer that really did not look like a drawer. I still did not appreciate my things being moved around by hotel staff.

The second mishap was an error on my hotel bill discovered after I returned home. A hotel guest from the adjacent Hilton Hotel property had eaten lunch at the Waldorf and correctly put his hotel room number on the bill on the Hilton Hotel line (versus the Waldorf Astoria line). Yet, the accounting staff charged that to my hotel invoicel. After two phone calls to the hotel for a copy of the signed receipt restaurant ticket uncovered the error. The hotel should have at least compared the printed name written by the guest against the name that came up printed on the receipt. They would have noticed that the names did not match. Long story short, the Waldorf reversed the charge. I'm glad I reviewed that bill because I would have had to pay for a $23 lunch.

While the Waldorf Astoria is a nice hotel, I would probably stay at the Hilton Hotel next door, which is probably a better bargain and has a more family oriented pool scene. If it were just a visit with my wife and me, I would come back to the Waldorf for its serenity and luxury.

Room Tip: Be a member of Hilton Honors.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Waldorf Astoria Orlando? Share your experiences!