“1ST CLASS” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Whitburn, United Kingdom
“1ST CLASS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

reception desk staff very friendly and helpful,the rooms are spacious and the beds are a dream to sleep in.it is placed in an excellent location for all the attractions of orlando and the restaurants are fabulous,you have to try breakfast,which is one of the best we have had in florida.the pool area is massive with areas for adults only,it also has a lazy river which is very relaxing.cant think of anything negative about this hotel 1st class

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

2,436 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

My husband and I visited Orlando for our anniversary this year and stayed at the Hilton Orlando!!! What a GREAT choice!! The hotel was clean, staff responsive and the property was WONDERFUL! We felt like celebrities our entire trip! When the staff found out it was our anniversary they had a nice suprise for us in our room - talk about customer service and giving a little to make your guest feel special!!! THANKS! We plan on returning soon with our children because we know that they will love the property - gorgeous pool with cabanas, basketball court, tennis, walking trail, putting green, volleyball.......SEE what I mean... :) The only thing we didn't like was you have to pay for the Internet - most hotels these days offer that free to their guests. Great job Hilton Staff!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I usually travel at least 1 week per month and have been doing so for several years. I must say that this hotel was one of the best I have ever stayed in. Nice rooms, nice bathroom with great big fluffy towels. Their swimming pools and the lazy river made a nice end to a long day of working a trade show.
The only drawback to staying there was that the food and drinks in the hotel are expensive so I ate else were...

Great Hotel, Great Experience...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

5 days, 4 nights.
I will not be returning to the Hilton Orlando. I returned from my vacation this morning so disappointed in my personal experiences at this hotel.

I am a fairly young man at 23 years of age, and decided to travel to Orlando with my significant other on a R&R trip before beginning grad school later this week. I did admit I was a bit young, but I do not find it acceptable or will not tolerate being looked down upon and mistreated because of that.

The Concierge were the group of people we had problems and disputes with. KC, Laura, Mary and Kim. KC is fairly new to his job, but will try his best to help you with a smile on his face. The other 3 ladies have disregarded us, snapped at us in annoyance, hung up multiple times over the phone while trying to get some information from outside the hotel, rarely ever gave us correct information and treated us with NO respect.
They acted more like clerks than a concierge team, more than willing to take our money when it came to purchasing tickets through them (Universal Studios, Disney World and shuttles), but that is all they did for us. I've dealt with a few 4-Diamond hotels in my time, and the concierge at this hotel were by far the worst.
If you are from Orlando, know your way around and plan to spend most of your time within the hotel, this is a great place for you. But if you are from out of town looking for support in your stay, and would like to get the full experience of your trip... Please reconsider, because you will not find it here.

-About a 15-20 dollar cab ride to Disney, Universal and Seaworld.
-Restaurants are upscale and classy, visited all of them during our stay. A bit pricey, some more than others, but it was good food.
-Cabana was $100 dollars to rent, worthwhile in my opinion. Complimentary drinks in mini-fridge, television, 2 pretty comfortable chairs and telephone.
-Clean fitness center, was always quiet when I went at night.
-Nice rooms for the price you pay.
-Room service was better than expected, they were more than willing to work with the time restraints on some of the food I ordered (was able to order lunch during dinner times etc.) $4.50 delivery charge and 22% gratuity added to every order.
-The Marketplace within the hotel has an excellent variety of food/snacks/drinks. Prices are a little higher than twice what you would pay at the grocery store.
-Paid $14.95 a day for Wi-Fi which I feel should have been included.

There are a handful of other hotels within the same area, take my advice and shop around a bit. It is not a cheap decision to make and will definitely want to make sure you get what you're paying for!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

We recently stayed at the Hilton for one night after a week at the beach as we were flying through Orlando. Check in was very quick. There were a lot of people in the lobby waiting for check in, however, they were staffed up and I only had to wait a few minutes. I was lucky they had a room ready as we arrived before 4pm. Employee at check in was very nice. Only issue I had was they gave me a regular room when I had reserved a room on the Executive floor. I caught this before I left and she quickly changed my room.

We spent the afternoon at the pool. It is a great pool. Huge and wonderful water slide. The lazy river was awesome. I thought I'd have to pay to rent a tube, but they were letting people use them for free. The only issue I had the entire trip was not really the fault of the hotel (although I think maybe they could have monitored the area a little better) was at the lazy; river. Some older kids would take two or three tubes and stack them up and ride around the river that way. Meanwhile, my kids and others were waiting for a tube. Also, because there were not tubes available a lot of older kids were just using it like a swimming pool and going around it with no tubes and running into my kids on the tubes. There were snowcones available poolside for $2 which was a nice treat for my kids.

After spending the afternoon at the pool, we changed and went to the executive lounge. I normally don't spend the extra to stay at this level, but due to a nice special we got through Travelzoo I spent the extra. It was money well spent. The lounge was open from 5-8 pm. They had a nice assortment of food which we turned into our dinner before going to Downtown Disney. My son loved the chicken wings. They also had flatbread with some good toppings, nice vegetable tray, some sort of dessert, cheese and crackers. I am sure I am forgetting some of the other food out. Also had bottled water. We went back the next morning for breakfast and it was wonderful. Homemade oatmeal, muffins, bagels, nice assortment of dry cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt and yummy granola to name a few. Staff was very nice in this lounge and resplenishedt the food often and came to clear our plates when we went back for 2nds.

The best part was they gave me a late checkout when I asked. We stayed out pretty late at Downtown Disney and when we got back around midnight I nicely asked if there was any late checkouts available. The lady checked her computer and asked if 12:30 would work? That extra 1.5 hours made a big difference as we could sleep in, eat breakfast and not feel rushed to pack up and get out.

I would definitly come back to this hotel. Great day!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

We booked the 30 hour package they had and loved it. We got to check in at 10 and check out at 4. There was plenty to do for everyone. The lazy river and slider were awesome and it was never to crowded. Pool table and foos ball were nice also. Rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were really comfy. Can't wait to go back and stay again!!

Only downside was you have to pay for parking and internet. But we expected it from a big resort hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

We stayed 5 nights with 2 young children, they (and we) loved the pool slide and lazy river.
We took a room with pool view and got to see Disney’s Summer Nightastic fireworks from our room. Only minor issue, the room-key did not work to enter or leave the parking lot during our stay, but they had someone sitting at the exit to help everyone out.
You gotta pay for the parking, so add that to your budget and internet is $15 (p/24hrs).
There is a Mc Donald’s, Denny’s, small market nearby (walking distance) We did not eat or drink at the hotel, bit expensive. They have a great staff was very friendly and helpful.
Overall a great hotel and will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Orlando? Share your experiences!