“Exceptional Service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Afton, Minnesota
“Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The staff at this hotel exceeded all of our expectations! We had a business event here and everything was perfect despite the fact that there was a very large event occuring at the same time. Everything was perfect!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Member,
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. We hope to see you return again soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel and was very surprised at the level of how this is more of a “Resort” than a hotel. And by that, I mean I was pleasantly surprised.
The hotel is beautiful. I had gone there on business which was conducted at the Orlando Conference Center that is connected by walkway to this hotel. My business was very relaxed so I got to enjoy much more of this hotel than I had planned.
The hotel has a spa, which is complete with many workout pieces of equipment that overlooks the pool area. There was supposed to be a fee for using the spa/gym but every day it was waived. Also if you are into keeping a work out in to your travel plans, there is a outside track that loops around itself. It is not that large, but well maintained. Outside the hotel looked a wee bit sketchy so I stayed in the complex.
My room was a one bed king standard room that overlooked the pool area. The room was clean and modern. My cleaning lady always turned my bed down as well.
The pool area is nothing to be underestimated! It is a large pool with zero entry and a small lazy RIVER IN THE KIDS AREA. There is an adult pool and two hot tubs from what I saw. I used both the normal pool and hot tub, and the adult pool and hot tub. Both of which were clean and clear. In the pool area there is a full bar with a wait staff that you can also order small plates of food. It has two tv’s for sports and weather, and friendly staff. When I was not at my conference, I was here as back home we had snow on the ground!
Restaurants and eatery’s in the hotel were ok. The coffee shop is a bit overpriced, but the restraint is very overpriced. I did not like my food and to the credit of the waiter who recommended it to me, he took it off of my bill. There are restraints nearby that seemed to be a bit better.
The staff at the hotel was excellent and always helpful. Parking on site was expensive so prepare to pay daily for it.
Overall I will be going back this year to the same conference and staying at this hotel. It is well worth the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a upper level pool view. At night it is beautiful to look at.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear HockeyFan 1497,
Thank you for taking the time to write such extensive comments about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and sharing your thoughts with the other readers on Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you again real soon! Best Regards, the Hilton Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am a bit late in writing this as my stay was May 23 - 26. My trip was both business and personal as I attended a 2 day conference and extended my stay.

I would return to this Hilton for the location, the cleanliness, the value for the money and definitely the entertainment! In the hotel lobby bar we enjoyed the pianist who could play anything from classical to jazz. He created the mood for our stay which made it both relaxing and lively. Very classy--fantastic enough for any live stage.

Check in was smooth and the gentleman who checked me in was extremely professional and accommodating. Also, the security staff were extremely pleasant. Overall my stay was great.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the pool and it was not loud even though there were outdoor receptions and a ba...
Green Features: This hotel was new and appeared to be built by today's environment simplicity and efficient standards--ecofriendly and beautiful without being excessive in creating a beautiful environment.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear powellhunter,
Thank you for taking the time to write such great comments about your recent stay with us. We were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Nanuet, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel is simply amazing! Everything for our meetings was perfect--staff, food, cleanliness, etc. This convention center operates like a well oiled machine. I would highly recommend it to someone scheduling a meeting, business or personal travel.

Dear Lori M,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will come back to visit us real soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
fremont, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip attending a conference at the Orange county convention center. This is a good resort style hotel well suited for both vacationing families as well as for business trips related to the convention center.
The positives:
The hotel has a walkway that connects all the way to the west concourse and the south concourse of the convention center. The south concourse is much closer and is about a 8-10 minute walk. The west concourse is a good 18-20 min or more walk. This walk can get quite tedious especially in peak summer heat.
The hotel has a nice pool area with a lazy river that kids and families will love to spend time on. The whole property is quite spacious and the rooms are also large enough with 2 queen sized beds that can easily fit families of 3 or 4 .
The service staff is quite friendly and the check in and check out was a breeze. There is a pretty decent sized fitness center and spa as well. I did not use the spa facilities.
They have a free shuttle to Seaworld.
The not so positives:
There are no places to eat outside of the hotel that are within a decent walking distance. There is pointe Orlando an outdoor strip mall with a number of restaurants and night life (pub/bar) scene as well. But that is a good 25-30 minute walk away or a cab ride of $8-$10 depending upon the time of day.
Parking will cost $15 or so per day. This was baffling to me as the location of the hotel is not in any downtown area and they seem to have plenty of open space around..
The shuttle ride to Universal studios and Disney world is not free. Can cost upto $20 pp.
They had mini fridge in the room that was making a squealing noise!

Dear sakraghu,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando. We were pleased to hear that you
enjoyed your stay and our amenities. We do our best to keep costs affordable while staying competitive with other hotels in our area. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and lets us know when we need to reevaluate our current offerings and services. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you when your travel bring you back to the Orlando area. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Bucharest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed in this hotel May 2013, at a medical conference. Due to the proximity to the congress center, the hotel was full. The general impression is good, the lobby is generously large rooms, beautifully decorated. The hotel has a beautiful garden, the pool area is well equipped, the pool was large and clean. Despite these amenities, services and breakfast disappointing. Daily the same menu, location food very small compared to the size of the room, complete lack of vegetables, fruits are available as back, so be hard to get to them! Very hard to do refilling with food. The overall look was the canteen, at the Hilton Hotel, where doctors from around the world stood in line so they could grab some breakfast! I'm very curious if the hotel manager ever witnessed at breakfast or, worse, sometimes ate there!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear fionita,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and appreciate your candid feedback. Your business is very important to us and we are disheartened to hear that your stay with us was not what you anticipated. Your patronage is important to me and to everyone at the Hilton Orlando as we all aspire to ensure that all of our guests receive an exceptional experience. I am sorry we did not achieve this goal and commit that we will do better.I have shared your comments with my Leadership Team for comment, action and training. We hope to see you back at the hotel the next time your travels bring you to the Orlando area. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Miami, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've been to this hotel on numerous occassions for work (conferences) and leisure (family visits to Orlando theme parks). I've always loved the pool and other amenities. This hotel is close to all parks in Orlando. The rooms are new but pretty standard, but they are a good value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lance A,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando! We were so glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Been to Hilton Orlando? Share your experiences!