“The best family hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
san juan
“The best family hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had so much fun. My kids loved the entire hotel, many activities, great pools and basketball & golf course. We really enjoy our stay, we had a complain about our a/c in our room that was not resolved but we definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear japonte,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed the hotel and all of the amenities. We hope to see you back real soon. Warm Regards, the Hilton Orlando

2,445 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for Christmas and New Year with my wife and two kids (21 and 16)
This hotel is of a very good standard, very clean and rooms are excellent
However there is definitely a lack of atmosphere in this hotel the reception area is far too business like and lacks a feeling of warmth and hospitality. Also the dining options are very limited, only a 5 minute cab ride away are literally hundreds of better eating options on International Drive and our advice would be to us those rather than what the hotel has to offer.
This hotel is in my opinion aimed at people travelling on business or attending the convention centre next door but is a long way from being ideal as a holiday hotel.
Lastly, Entertainment in the hotel over Christmas and NY was non existent

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear lowfieldsuk,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and sharing your thoughts with the other readers on this web site. We would like to offer a different perspective on a few of the areas you commented on:
Vacation Feel: A vacation feel can be a very subjective topic. With all of the pool amenities we offer (pools, slides, lazy river, fountains, basketball courts (in the water and out) putting course, fire pits, etc.), we believe we have a great vacation environment. The theme parks have wonderful entertainment and decor to enjoy but many of our guests prefer to disengage from that type of stimulation when they are resting at their hotel. Our hotel was specifically designed to have separate areas for leisure and business. The pool area is on the opposite side of the hotel than our meeting space. There are some cross-over areas however, this typeof situation is common at hotels with meeting or convention center space in the Orlando area. We are sorry you did not experience the vacation feel of the hotel.
Food: We regret you chose not to experience our restaurants. The majority of our food is made in-house using organic produce, locally sourced seafood and meats and our service is top notch. We have seven different dining options that offer a variety of price points for budget conscious families and/or business traveler. You are correct in saying that there are many restaurant choices within a mile of the hotel that can be reached by walking or a quick cab ride.
Given your satisfaction with our service, the overall atmosphere at our hotel, and our central location, we hope you would consider our hotel for a future visit. We really appreciate that you took the time to provide comments about your experience and we have shared them with our team. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Londonderry, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I arrived early (10:30 am) and there weren't any rooms available but they said they would call my cell. They never called. I came back at 4 pm and had another very long wait in line. They gave me a bad room and it was a real hassle to change it. I drank one of the waters in the room and a asked for a new receipt at checkout to include the water, they said because I had Gold status with Hilton hey was no extra charge. A few days later my cc bill shows a different amount than my receipt. I know it sounds petty, but I would expect an honest answer and better service from a Hilton.

Room Tip: If you are a gold status or higher ask for a room in the same tower as the lounge, to save you from...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Pdubuque,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I have shared your feedback regarding the misstep at the front desk with our Management team so we can improve our service to ensure that your next visit will be a positve one. Note: We have posted a message on your personal email and hope that you will take the time to call us. Regards, the Hilton Orlando.
zurich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here for a work conference, and found the hotel typically high Hilton standards - nice clean and comfortable rooms, good ammenities and a nice location.

I would however avoid the restaurants - there are loads of dining options a short drive or trolley ride from the restaurant.

The first night I ate at Spencers, the house steak restaurant. The setting is nice and service was good, but the prices were excessive, even given the location. I got to a lot of steak places and can tell you the meal was not worth the $90 I paid.

The last day I was keen to get some sun and have a meal at Tides, their poolside restaurant. My waitress was a vaccuous girl called 'Summer' who's speciality was dissapearing for long periods of time. I told her I only had 45 minutes until I had to leave, she said no problem to get a burger. After 30 minutes I asked her to please check on the burger, and that I really did not want to have to rush through my meal. Finally I gave up and went to the bar to ask for the bill for my ice tea (which by the way they never came by to refill once). As I was leaving she showed up with the burger, I told her 40 minutes to wait for a burger - after specificaly saying I only had 45 - was unreasonable, and she just said 'well look around we are pretty busy' - not even an apology, let alone talking to me as if I were a moron. At least they could have offered to comp my ice tea, which was $4.00. Incidently the burger was $15 and looked like it should have been half that price. If they are going to charge a premium price for food, they better learn to delivery it with better service.

My advice is that the hotel is fine for business or family vacations, but you should try one of the many local restaurants for your meals instead of eating at the hotel, in my mind food is the only place where this hotel falls down.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear photoguyZurich,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We were disappointed to read that our restaurants did not meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with my Leadership team for their action and training. We are always listening to our guests and appreciate your candid comments. Thank you, again, for choosing the Hilton Orlando. We do hope that you will come back to stay with us again. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
North Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Hilton is a wonderful place to stay. The room was large and everything was in very good condition. I was disappointed that there was no fridge but aside from that it was great.

A nice feature of the pool was that there are two areas, one designated for families and the other, smaller designated as the quiet pool.

If you will be attending a function at the convention center, there is a covered walkway connecting it to the hotel. If you will be in the south area of the center, it's not too far of a walk. If you are going to the west area, it is a good, long hike. Unless you are looking for some exercise, you should hope that there is a shuttle service.

While sitting in the lobby waiting for the airport shuttle,I plugged my phone into an outlet along the front window wall. I took my eyes off it for a moment and it was gone! I spoke to the bellman and he quickly figured out that security picked it up, fearing someone left it behind. Security returned it within two minutes. It was a bit scary, but I appreciated the professional way they handled it.

I did all my eating at the convention hall, so can't say anything about the dining. There is a bar that stretches along the front of the building. Didn't see much action going on.

Room Tip: My room faced the pool, which made for a nice view.
Dear TravelTim88,
Thank you for your great posting regarding your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with the Leadership team so that they can share it with their Team Members. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will be back real soon. Warm Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Room was clean, service was top notch, rates were reasonable for Orlando. The hotel looks like its been remodeled, very fresh and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable, but the blanket was a little heavy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear swandive208,
Thank you for your very kind comments about your recent stay. We have been open (new build) since September 2009; we were pleased you noticed the great condition of the hotel. We hope to see you back at the hotel real soon. Warm Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend and had a wonderful time! My sister and I brought our kids here because of all the kid friendly amenities. The kids were busy the entire weekend! They especially loved the basketball courts and the lazy river. The hotel was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. We ate lunch by the pool and the food was very good.We found the staff very polite and extremely helpful. We will definitely stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear mac63,
Thank you for taking the time to write such great comments about your recent stay with us. We were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Warm Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Been to Hilton Orlando? Share your experiences!