“Great hotel and great stay” 5 of 5 stars

RATES FROM $99!
Ranked #18 of 328 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
california
“Great hotel and great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was in Orlando for business and stayed at the Hilton for three nights. I travel a lot and stay at a lot of hotels and thought the Hilton was a great place to stay. The hotel is fairly new and so the room and lobby area were in top shape. The hotel also has three beautiful outdoor pools and several fire pits and so it is very pleasant to hang around, or do work outside. They get mostly business travelers i think and so not as many kids as some of the other Orlando resorts. I also thought the staff and level of service were equally wonderful. I was always being asked about how things were and if i needed anything. I didn't think the additional hotel charges were all that excessive. They offer a self parking option and the common areas of the hotel have wifi. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Seala,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience during your recent stay. We are happy to hear you found the hotel to your liking. We look forward to serving you the next time you are in the Orlando area. Warm regards, the Hilton Orlando

2,539 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on President's day weekend and had a nice time. We didn't really used the pool area since it was a chilly weekend but it looked pretty nice. We mostly spent our time at the parks but if we had more time and better temperatures would have loved to be around the pool for a day at least. Our son had his birthday the next day we arrived and the service staff had a basket of goodies with a birthday card for him; they have really outstanding team members here. We really appreciated that. The rooms are very clean and the beds are very comfortable. The location is about a 10 minute drive to Disney or Universal studios and pretty close to Sea World. There are plenty of restaurants around it if you drive a couple of miles on international drive which is very close to the hotel. We would love to visit this property again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear juanpo,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando! We are so glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We have shared your comments with all of our team members to let them know that they played an important role in making your stay a memorable one. We hope you will visit us again real soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at this Hilton for a conference. The conference facilities were good and everything else about the hotel was good. I had an opportunity to use the executive lounge this time and really like the extra benefits with breakfast, snacks, quiet sitting places and a business center.

The hotel is attached to the North convention center with a covered walkway between the two. It is close to International Drive (about 1 block away) and is close to some restaurants (IHOP, McDonalds, Red Lobster). It is about a 15 minute walk from Pointe Orlando.

As typical with Hilton everything like internet, faxes, etc cost extra unless you're a HHonors member.

The fitness center and spa area is very nice. I was surprised to see how bit it was. Plenty of well maintained exercise equipment and they have staff there during the day.

Overall I was very pleased with everything I experienced.

Room Tip: 19th floor has a great view
Dear bbcreg,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your recent stay with us. We look forward to serving your travel needs the next time you return to the Orlando area. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a wonderful exxperience at the Hilton! After changing from another facility we were pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel is! We are regular business travellers and found the service at the Hilton in every way comparible to the Ritz Carleton and other high end hotels.
The valet service was on top of every guest arriving at the front.Service with a smile at every turn! Pleasant friendly staff throughout the hotel &all went above and beyond in our opinion to service their guests. Pleasant change! We used all the facilities in the hotel. The spa was lovely and the services performed met our expectations. The pools are beautifully done and are user friendly to all ages from the lazy river to the quiet pool for adults and the larger pool for families. One of the nicer poolsides we've seen. The poolside restaurant food was excellent quality and value. The pub food was also very good! Large enough portions to share and the corn bisque was delicious! We were not able to get into the steakhouse but Mike the host went above and beyond to try to accomodate us elsewhere. Thank you again Mike!!! We ate barside and still enjoyed the meal and it actually was a bit quieter there. Noticed on other reviews complaints of extra charges...this seems to be common amongst these higher end hotels? Not sure why these fees are included in the lower end hotels and not in the higher end hotels? Something that still confuses us! As regular business travellers these fees should be included! However a $20 fee covered all extra items like internet etc. Still would like to see that eliminated!
This hotel was top notch! We will return with our kids and grandchildren for a vacation at some point soon! Kudos to those doing the staff training! Your hard work is paying off !
Jill and Ryan

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear YoungSnowbirds_10,
Thank you for posting your great review. All of us were pleased to hear that you found the hotel to your liking. We have shared your comments with all our team members, particularly the Valet team, Spencer's team and especially Mike. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards, the Hilton Orlando
Gainesville, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying what I liked about this hotel-- the bed. Insanely comfortable, and the room was dark and quiet at night. But the rest of my experience was disappointing for a Hilton. Starting with the greeting by the valet attendant who, upon learning that I would be self parking (to avoid $21 a day valet plus tips! Still had to pay $14 a day), told me that we'd be better off parking first and then checking in. The parking garage proved to be confusing. The signage is... Backwards in many places! Really, the arrows point you in the wrong direction to the elevators. Once at the front desk, the unsmiling girl couldn't find our reservation because she kept misspelling my last name (which only has five letters in it).

The room was ok. Clean and new. But small bathroom with a tiny tub/shower combo.

The restaurants are very expensive. $9.50 for corn chowder and entrees for $20-$38 at the casual "Pub"! If you don't have a car, be prepared to take taxis because there's nothing within walking distance.

One of the amenities which I was looking forward to using was the free shuttle to the theme parks, but we missed out on it because the times are very limited. There's only like two or three runs each day, with the last one at 10am. That's too early for me when I'm in vacation mode! Many hotels in Orlando offer all-day shuttles.

If you don't have to stay here for a convention, look at the other hotels in Orlando, even the Hilton that's in Disney. Better yet, try the Hilton Grand Vacation. It's the best deal in Orlando. Full disclosure--we didn't use the swimming pools because it was freezing this weekend. But I have heard that the lazy river is amazing. Maybe that would've enhanced my experience to a more positive one.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear floridaDink,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very dissapointed to hear that we could not have made your stay more pleasant and we're sharing your comments with our team and reevaluating our current practices. I apologize for the parking confusion and the shuttle service schedule inconvenience. We hope that you'll come back to experience a much better stay and to experience the lazy river. Kind regards, the Hilton Orlando
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I accompanied my husband for a conference. We stayed 3 nights. I usally attend this conference to catch up on my paperwork. The cost was not out of my pocket, so I cannot give an accounting. I did hear, upon check-in, that the resort fee was a stiff $20/day. From the moment we arrived, I noticed how polite and well trained the employees are. Each of them addressed us by name, when possible.

I recently had foot surgery and everyone was quite accomodating. When I realized that the conference center was at least a 10 minute walk, we decided to rent a scooter from Scootarama. It was a smooth transaction and it was delivered to us within 30 minutes. It really made my life easier as the hotel is quite large.

I thought the decor was beautiful. I enjoy looking at the details of buildings, being in real estate and coming from a developer background. Our room was very comfortable. The large window overlooked the pool. We were in room 851. The bathroom was not large, but more than adequate. The shower was instantly hot and the water pressure was good.

I was in the room one day when housekeeping arrived to clean. They were very thorough. The extra blanket on my bed appeared to have a stain (I didn't notice it), so they promptly replaced it.

I truly enjoyed working from this room. The desk was spacious. There was a keyboard underdesk that I took out and placed all my paperwork on. There were several outlets that were easy to reach.

I thought the food for the conference was very good., It included items that I don't usually see at functions. While I realize the conference leader made the choices, at least the choices were there. Some of the choices included oysters, crabmeat, scallops, Cuban sandwiches, roast beef (just to name a few). I tried to stay away from too much food! There was a basil lemonade that was also very tasty.

We ate at David's one night. It had an enjoyable atmosphere. Two of us chose the shrimp flatbread that I thought was good.

Lunch was more of a challenge. One day, the hotel opened an area for a "grab and go" lunch that took entirely too long to get. There was one cashier. The next day, we ate by the grill at the pool. When all the conferences break for lunch at the same time, the wait staff gets overloaded. The fish wrap that I had was good and the service good once they were able to take care of us.

The grounds are very pretty. There is a family pool with slide and basketball; an adult pool, whirlpool (in the adult area) and a lazy river pool. With time being limited, I was only able to take advantage of the whirlpool for short periods twice. The pools are heated. At night, they light two large fire pits. The pools did not seem too active until Friday night. Perhaps more families came in for the weekend.

I have stayed at the Rosen Centre, Rosen Plaza and The Peabody all in this same location. I have enjoyed them all. This was a very relaxing visit and I would return.

Room Tip: Our room (851) overlooked the pool and the east. I don't know the other rooms.
Dear ThompsonDM,
Thank you for your great comments about your recent stay with us and for writing such an extensive review of our hotel. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with other readers of Trip Advisor. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your room and its amenities, conference food and beverage, the hotel grounds and that you enjoyed our whirlpools. We hope that you will come back soon to visit us again. In the meantime, safe travels. Kind regards, the Hilton Orlando
Ushuaia, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We found all of the facilty to be great! The entire staff was awesome also. We enjoyed the stay and hope to come back in the future. The pool areas are great for people of all ages. Not sure why I need 200 characters for this review though??
Larry

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Larry P.,
Thank you for your kind remarks about your recent stay with us. We hope to see you return again real soon! Warm regards, the Hilton Orlando

Been to Hilton Orlando? Share your experiences!