“Nice place, Great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Western PA
“Nice place, Great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have stayed at a few hotel chains this year, but this was by far the best experience I have had.
I was there for a conference and not only were the rooms nice, clean and comfortable, but the staff was amazing. Any questions/concerns I had they addressed. There was not one staff member that I walked by did not say hello, asked how I was and/or if they could help.
The pool side bar/cafe was very nice, the margaritas were good.
The one thing I really liked was the QUIET pool. It was always quiet! We went down 2 nights and really enjoyed a nice quiet swim.
We tried out the water slide too, good times! I think we ended up going 3 times - just like when we were kids!
The lazy river was a nice treat, except when the canon blasted you with water! HA HA!!

Parking was a breeze on our own, it did cost per night, but they had an attendant at the gate making sure those who came and went were hotel guests. That was very nice.

This was really close to a lot of places to see, even though I was there for business I did get to go check a few things out!

Thanks everyone at the Hilton for doing an excellent job!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
LITLLAM - thank you for your glowing review of our hotel! Glad you were able to enjoy all our pool amenities and your experience with our staff. Come back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Jupiter, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Just back from another 2 night stay at the Hilton Orlando and it was just as good as our first time! The woman at check in was delightful and efficient, our room was nicely decorated, large enough for 2 of us and very clean! The bed and comforter was very comfortable and I really like that they have large towels in the bathrooms. The pool area is very large and they have plenty of chaise lounges, we enjoyed the lazy river.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Thanks for your review! Sounds like you were really able to get some rest and relaxation. Glad to hear you found comfort in our Serenity Beds and our inner tubes on the lazy river! Take care and come back soon.
North Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Despite the location (away from Disney a bit), I stay at this hotel often because it is so awesome. It is new, and beautifully appointed. The stairwell from the lobby to the pool level, with its glass and aluminum structure and fused glass chandelier above, is a visual treat. The pool was so much fun, even I enjoyed it. The Lazy River was a great time with the water spouts or cannons shooting at us. My son and I had a wonderful time. There is no need to wait for a convention to stay here. For the price and quality, there are few hotels in the area that compete. Even if you are spending time at Disney or Universal, it is only a short (5-10 min) drive to either, and you will save big money and be esconced in luxury.

Here's a tip; Get the concierge upgrade. The executive lounge that comes with the upgrade is relaxing and has great food/drinks. It was the perfect place to wind down and have a little something to eat. The cost is small, but the value of the upgrade is worth every penny.

Here's another tip: The road (Destination Pkwy) didn't show up on my car's navigation system. Try using "Hawaiian Ct," which is what Destination Pkwy changes to when it crosses International Dr. Don't worry about the building number (6000) because once you are in the area you will have no trouble seeing the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thanks for the great review of our hotel and for returning to stay with us. Sorry to hear about your navigation system missing information. We are all up to date on google and mapquest but the individual navigation system companies do their own thing. Hopefully, they will have things updated in their next release. Glad to hear you enjoyed our Executive Lounge. It can really enhance your visit. Thanks again for your comments and advice to our future guests.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I just got back from a 2 night stay in the Hilton. This was a weekend trip to celebrate my significant other's birthday. Right off the bat I'm going to state what disappointed me. I called ahead, I let the front desk know I was staying for a birthday, and were there any amenities or options available? I was quickly transferred to another department (it might have been food services) I was told I could buy a cake, but when I asked for for more information and prices I was told I'd have to speak to someone when I got there. My whole point of calling ahead was to surprise him and Hilton, you basically shut me out. I'm guessing because I'm not a member of a Hilton rewards there's no obligation to impress me. That being said the only other thing I want to point out is their rooms. Its not that I did not like them, its that they didn't impress me all that. For a 4 star hotel, it was just average, nothing spectacular I've seen much nicer 4 star rooms, but I understand this is a huge corporate run hotel. The bed is comfortable, the linens are clean, everything is modern, I did enjoy the mini fridge and the arm chair and ottoman. The bathroom had a few hairs in the tub (YUCK!) but it was free of any scum and mold.
Now, the property itself is WHY this is a 4 star hotel. This place is huge, massive even. I was very impressed, I loved the lazy river and the water slide was great. There is SO much to do here. You could stay here a couple of days and make a vacation out of it. I LOVED that the pool was open until 11pm. I loathe sitting in my hotel room at 9pm with nothing to do, I'm a night owl. At night there were fire pits and that was a nice touch. I can't say much about service or staff, I was barely in the hotel and the only time I spoke to any staff was during check in. Now a few things I have to rant about....$14 to park? The Double Tree down the street and MUCH closer to Sea World is only $10. A daily charge of internet access? Why are hotels still doing this? And 4 star hotels at that, all your doing is upsetting customers. Besides in this age of technology all I have to do is use my phone as a wireless router. The prices for food here are RIDICULOUS. I know I'm on vacation and should/do indulge, but $22 for some OJ and 2 muffins? The mark up on that is ludicrous. FYI, if you leave the hotel and make a right on I-drive there are TONS of places to eat. From what I've heard there's a little breakfast place in front of the Double Tree hotel (right on the other side of the highway) that is suppose to be great. I travel to Orlando quite a bit; I got a great deal on Priceline so if I could find another deal like that, I would probably consider staying here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Casper WY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We attended a convention here in September 2011. The hotel lobby is clean, modern and inviting. Check-in was a breeze. I did note the hotel offered fresh air rooms (which stuck me as a little odd) but when I walked into my non-smoking king room I understood why there was an option. The room had a definite smell of having been smoked in for years. The accessories, furniture, carpet and bedding all looked clean and new so I don't quite understand the reason for the odor but it was very noticeable indeed. I don't consider myself overly picky or sensitive, but I did find it annoying that the hotel offered a fresher "pure allergy" room for $20 more than the standard ns King accommodation.

The beds were very comfortable, internet service was speedy, coffeemaker had "real" half-and-half (which was a nice surprise as I usually bring my own when I travel). The room was equipped with a nice large tv and safe as well as the usual accoutrements. There was, however, no makeup mirror in the bathroom which I found quite surprising.

I had one meal at the hotel in David's Club. The meal ($40) was very nice, service was good, but the after dinner glass of house wine in the bar was $13, which I considered very pricy. The hotel did also have a spa however I found the rate of $190 far to expensive to consider.

Excellent amenities in the way of a swimming pool (two of them) with plenty of lounging spots, a water slide, cabanas, hot tub, a jogging/walking path, tennis court, and even a putting green. Do see the hotel photos of the grounds, I imagine they are a great draw for families who want to wind down from a day at the local attractions.

There is a relaxing pool bar and lounge, and a charming little gift shop run by a very lovely woman. There is also a Marketplace for grab-and go snacks, soda, and some Italian gelato which is made on premises. Breakfast restaurant (called The Bistro) is downstairs adjacent to the pool, they feature a buffet for $20 ppsn or a la carte items.

Cab from the Orlando airport will run about $ 45. Meares ground transportation is $30 round trip, a better value.

Overall: nice hotel especially if you can take advantage of the pool area, but overpriced in the bar and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Winchester, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

great place to stay and all of the staff was very friendly. we really enjoyed the breakfast and the view from our room was wonderful.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed at Hilton Orlando with family in august. Very new, great pool area (with private cabanas) and fitness center with the newest cardio equipment available. No doubt it is a very kid friendly hotel. Nice restaurant for dinner at the lobby area. Great Location, just besides The Convention Center. Room was clean and met Hilton standards. Internet is very fast and free for gold/diamond members. Breakfast was just ok at the executive lounge, crowed every morning. Valet parking a bit pricey. Hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: Book a pool view room in the highest floor available.