Mikado Japanese Steakhouse at Orlando World Center Marriott Resort
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mikado Japanese Steakhouse at Orlando World Center Marriott Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 3,263 Restaurants in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Enjoy watching while your dinner is prepared Teppanyaki style at the Mikado Japanese Steakhouse. Located in the Orlando World Center Marriott, this classic Japanese restaurant is perfect for families and groups. While the preparation method is traditional, each hibachi chef brings their own sense of humor and spontaneity to the table. All entrees are prepared at your hibachi table in a display of flashing knives and exotic aromas. Enjoy watching our chefs fire up the steel grill to prepare you for your next sizzling experience.
Hewitt, New Jersey
“Great Time Had By All”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This restaurant was very nice. The staff was great and efficient. We were served quickly and they were very friendly. Our food was cooked perfect and very tasty.

Visited August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Florida
“Slow service, expensive meal, awful restaurant manager”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott for the night as part of my friend's son's 4th birthday celebration. We had a lovely afternoon swimming and enjoying the facilities of the hotel. We booked a hibachi table at the Mikado because the boys love watching the food being prepared.

There were 7 of us including 2 small children and we had a table booked at 9pm - a bit late already, but we'd spent a bit longer than planned at the pool. We sat down and ordered drinks for everyone. The two men at the table ordered some Sake. After an hour of waiting I finally had had enough and asked the servers to bring our soup as the children were starving. I then had to remind them to clear it away in order to bring the salad and keep things moving along.

Around this point the manageress (I don't know her name) came over and told my husband that he could not have any more to drink until he'd drunk some water and eaten something. Between the two men they had drunk two small bottles of Sake and were absolutely fine. My husband was insulted and incredulous but just laughed and didn't say anything.

After another half an hour (now 10.30ish) our main courses were finally prepped and served. Unfortunately too late for the birthday boy who had fallen asleep on his mother's lap without having eaten his dinner. Even though myself and the other mummy present were served drinks, no one had been over to offer my husband another drink, even though the food was finally arriving. I want to point out that although he was drinking, he was not falling off his chair, or being loud, or upsetting any other patrons or being rude to the staff. We were just two families out celebrating a birthday and having a few drinks. We had paid to stay in the hotel, no cars were involved and our room was 50 feet from the restaurant. Quite frankly even if we had decided to get a bit drunk, as long as no one gets unruly or upsets anyone it's no one else's business.

I had enough and went to the manageress and enquired whether my husband would be allowed a drink now. I told her that she had made a bad judgement call and spoiled our evening. I have worked in bars/pubs in my life and understand that sometimes you have to 'cut someone off' but in this instance she was insulting and made my husband feel stupid. Trust me I would be the first to cut him off if I thought there was a problem! However, we were just enjoying an evening and it was spoiled by slow service and a ridiculous judgement call by the manageress.

The other thing is that when visiting a hibachi restaurant, the whole point is that watching the Japanese chef toss the food about, bang the utensils, light fire etc is highly entertaining and fun, but this particular show was absolutely average and quite dull.

The bill came and it was almost $350, One of the main courses was almost $50, however I didn't complain just paid it. BUT I did not leave a single cent in tip. The first time I have ever done that.

Don't waste your money. The dinner 'show', service and value for money are way better at Kobe.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Good but EXPENSIVE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The food was really good (minus the soup). The wife and I had a combo (steak/shrimp or chix/shrimp) a drink and the bill was $115 after a "discount". I think that is a little expensive for 2 people.

Visited August 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Fun hibachi restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I would recommend making a reservation - it was very crowded when I ate here. The sushi was fresh and everything I tired delicious!

Visited July 2012
Wallingford, United Kingdom
“Excellent food served in a fun cooking ceremony”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I look forward to visiting the Mikado when at BlackBerry Live and my recent visit with 16 business colleagues did not disappoint. Nearly all of us chose Teppan Yaki, chosing a combination of steak, chicken, prawns and scallops, served with Japanese soup, prawns and steamed or egg fried rice. The chef cooks the meal at your table, juggling with knives and cooking slices, creating an onion volcano and tossing prawn shells into his hat. The food is delicious, the atmosphere convivial and the service good. My only criticism is that the booking process is a little clumsy - only Open Table is on offer and I could not book for more than 9, despite on the night there being plenty of space.Oh - it does seem to have funny hours - it was closed on Saturday 11th evening, for example. The meal for 16 came to about $800 including plenty of beer and servce

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Travelers who viewed Mikado Japanese Steakhouse at Orlando World Center Marriott Resort also viewed

Been to Mikado Japanese Steakhouse at Orlando World Center Marriott Resort? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mikado Japanese Steakhouse at Orlando World Center Marriott Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.