“Wow!! If you have kids of any age, don't miss this!!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Science Museums, Observatories/ Planetariums, Museums
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For more than 50 years, Orlando Science Center has been a place that inspires curiosity and exploration. Truly one of the great activities for Orlando families, the Science Center encourages learning in a fun way. There's no better place that combines fun and knowledge all under one roof! For visitors from out of town, Orlando Science Center is a must for your "things to do in Orlando" list. With four floors of exciting exhibits, amazing giant screen and 3-D films as well as engaging live programming, the Science Center is the perfect family destination. We're also the ideal rainy day escape!
Albany, New York
10 attraction reviews
“Wow!! If you have kids of any age, don't miss this!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

What a great time I had while visiting with my 3 year old grandson! From the minute you walk in, there are things to see, touch, experience and explore! If you're a Star Wars fan, you'll enjoy seeing all the costumes and props used in the Star War Movies! Really cool experiments to do with magnets, hovercrafts and robots!!
There are four fun fill floors to enjoy and my grandson and I loved each one!! The dinosaurs were a big hit; especially the T-Rex!! You put a dollar in the slot and can move it around using buttons at your control panel. You can "dig" for dinosaur bones and see their skeletons! Clean restrooms located exactly where and when you need them! Gift shop on the way out (which we flew through!) and Star War photo opportunities, too! Now I know what my grandson looks like as a Jedi!!
Plan to spend most of your day here; it's well worth it. The only down side would be that the Cafe offers only Subway food....it would be nice if they had something else to choose from. Other than that, it's perfect! A little on the pricey side, but that was because of the Star War exhibit. The parking garage and walkway make this easy to access in any weather.
This place was time well spent and the photos of my grandson exploring and experiencing each display make it all worth it!! Disney is not the only place to see in FL!!

newmfong
3 attraction reviews
“Star Wars Exhibit Was Cool, but Not Really Worth the Price....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

One of the big reasons why we had OSC on our list was because of the Star Wars exhibit. We stumbled onto this because we were making hotel reservations and OSC was on their "things to do". Since my husband and 8 yr. old son are really big fans of Star Wars, we thought it would be interesting. We were just taking a mini weekend vacation because we had tix to Legoland and glad to add one more thing to our itinerary. We found an offer for 2-for-1 tickets to OSC through http://visitorlando.com, but when I presented this at the ticket counter, I was told that they are not accepting ANY types of offer or discounts until April 2013, due to the Star Wars exhibit. The tickets were $27 for each adult and $21 for my son. There was nothing we could do since we were already there and hoped that the Star Wars exhibit was worth it. I have to say, it was a very cool exhibit and had lots of interactive things for my son to do. The downside of this exhibit is that you are only allowed to enter once. For $27, you would think they would allow you to enter more than once.

The movies, which are included in the admission price, were very good. The movie projected on the CineDome screen was breath-takingly realistic. It was our first time and my son and I were dizzy because it felt like we were flying. He loved it and this is coming from a kid who doesn't care for 3 and 4-D movies!

We liked that their cafe had a Subway restaurant and the menu prices were actually reasonable. There are a ton of interactive things and play zones for the kids. My son also loved the life-size chess game. After 4 hours, my son didn't want to leave, but WE were ready ;-)

This is DEFINITELY a fun place for kids and the family can spend a few hours here (great for rainy days!), but for teens and adults and considering the price, it's not really worth it.

Orlando, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Put it on the list of things to do in Orlando”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We loved it!! I went with a 3 and 5 year old and we spent the days touching feeling and doing stuff The children loved picking oranges and playing in the water dam area. In the dinosaur area we spent the $1 to make the giant T-Rex move and had fun digging for bones.I used many displays as teaching tools and the enjoy the earthquake area plus the hurricane and tornado area. . With children I would not go into the Stars Wars exhibit Most of the displays in there were not for young children but that is only my opinion. So much more to see in there,plus there are turtles and gators just sleeping all piled on top of each other Nice park like area, easy to find off I-4

Salinas, Ecuador
15 attraction reviews
“One of my favorite rainy day places.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The science center, planetarium, and WFTV weather attraction are all really fun places to spend a busy day.

Visited May 2012
Orlando, Florida, United States
9 attraction reviews
“Not a great value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The place seems huge from the outside but it's really not that large at all. It's not as hands-on as other science centers and it's really more museum-ish than anything. We also thought it was a bit pricy for the experience that we had.

Visited November 2011