“Nice hotel but....” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Maryland
“Nice hotel but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

Stayed recently during a few days at Disney. Hotel itself is very nice and pool area is beautiful, however, we had a number of issues which makes the hotel hard to fully recommend. First, I had paid extra for a Disney view. Before making the reservation, I called to find out exactly what that meant and was told that we would be able to see the Epcot fireworks out our window. When we arrived and I mentioned that at the desk, I was told "Oh, well you know we are a new hotel. We didn't realize it, but actually, you can't see them unless you jam your cheek against the window and then you can maybe see a few of the ones that are higher and over our direction" which was exactly the case. Another issue we encountered was the internet.. While free access was available in the lobby, we wound up paying $20 for 3 days of in-room access, only to find that it only worked on one computer - the one that we paid it on. When we inquired about how everyone else in the room (we had 3 computers) could access it, we were first told they were still trying to figure that out, and then that there was no way to do it and we would have to pay PER COMPUTER!! What hotel does that in this day and age????!!! Staff at the hotel and HiltonHonors were of no use in resolving this. There was a shuttle to the Disney parks that ran about every hour, but when my husband and daughter got out at exactly the time they were supposed to, it had already left and they wound up having to take a taxi for $15 rather than waiting another hour for the next one. Upon checkout, I luckily asked for a printout and noticed a cafe charge that was not ours. They did take it off without much problem however. 3 of the 4 room keys did not work, parking was $13/day, and to top it all off, we accidentally left a fleece souvenir blanket we had purchased at Disney in the room when we checked out. Of course, it was not found when I called about it. Again, hotel is very nice, but we had too many other issues to freely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (923)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winchester, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2009

I just finished up a stay here before Christmas on a very good Visa signature rate. I thought the pool was fantastic and as a diamond I received a slight upgrade to a Disney view room. Although I had arranged for a crib at check-in, when I got back from the parks very late at night, the crib was still not there. A phonecall resolved the situation, but the operator followed up 30 minutes afterward after we had all fallen asleep to see if it had been resolved. Not something to do at almost midnight with little kids. We all got up late the next day and was kinda bummed about the 11am checkout time. I explained the situation from the previous night to the desk and they agreed to let me stay until 1pm. This is really a beautiful hotel with nice rooms, bedding, and bathrooms. I never ventured over to the Waldorf as I thought the hilton had everything we needed. The breakfast buffett was great as we upgraded to the full hot buffett. The shuttles run every 30 minutes or so from the hotel, but it is very confusing on the schedule on when they pickup from the parks. It all depends on the park's normal closing time. Overall I would stay here again as the rate was good and the pool was nice, but I might be concerned in the summer with there not being many places for shade around the pool.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
new york, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

First, I should note that I got a fabulous rate through Travelzoo (I think it was $99/night). For $99/night, this place is fantastic. The hotel is obviously brand new and very modern, a huge variety of restaurants (with good food) and a great pool area. The rooms were nicely decorated and we had a fantastic view of Disney - we could see the fireworks at night. The gym was also excellent. I also liked how it was on Disney property- I didn't really realize that before we stayed here- they had a free shuttle to the parks and it was an easy $8 cab ride when we grabbed a cab back after a late movie in Downtown Disney. You also get to use all of the Waldorf's amenities - for me, this was the big draw - but honestly, once I got here, I was very happy with the Hilton's amenities and only wandered over to the Waldorf once. I can tell you that this is a MUCH MUCH MUCH nicer hotel than the other Hilton on Disney property. Not even comparable, really. The concierge was also really nice and helpful.

The negatives:
-Housekeeping staff was not great. They kept knocking lightly and then walking right in with their key cards. Once they came in while my mother was sleeping. Granted, we didn't have do not disturb signs on the door, but it would have been nice if they had made more of an effort to make sure no one was in the room before walking in, especially after it had already happened a few times. The really annoying part was when I felt like staying back at the hotel for the day to relax but wanted the room cleaned. After my mother had been barged in on two hours earlier, I called down to ask if they could come back to clean while I went out to the pool. The operator assured me they'd be right up. I came back after an hour and the room had not been touched. I had to call down again and go back down again for 45 minutes while they came back to clean. If the weather was better it would have been a non issue, but it wasn't a ton of fun to hang out at the pool in 60 degree weather.
-My mother really wanted to know who the artist was who painted the paintings in the lobby. She asked the front desk staff on three different occasions and everyone kept passing the buck around and telling her to ask other people. It was kind of annoying.
-Tried to eat lunch at the pool and tons of birds kept trying to eat my food. Not the hotel's fault, but it would have been nice for the server to give me a heads up before I ordered. I had to eventually abandon my lunch because it was so annoying. The server also got my order wrong twice.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
BonnetCreek, manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, December 28, 2009
Dear cpap84,

First of all thank you for choosing Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek for your stay and for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear most of your stay met your expectations. We'd like you to know that we have shared your comments with the housekeeping staff and the pool staff so that we can provide better service to our guests. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention - your feedback is valued. As for the artwork your mother wants to know about, we have many artists represented, if you can remember which artwork she wanted to know the artist of, I will give you the name. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again on your next Orlando visit.
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

This is a good hotel with very good interior and very friendly staff. There are a couple of minor glitches that makes it less than perfect. 1) Bathrooms are not as good as rest of the hotel - specially shower. they are not bad, just not up to the par w/ rest of facilities 2) Elevators are in one corner of the long building instead of being in center. Elevators took half of the fun out for us in staying here. our room was next to the Parking deck side of the long building. Elevators are on the other side.. so we needed to walk all the way to the other end of the building, get elevator, and than walk again to the other end once we get to the floor. also, the three parts of the building are not long straight, but a bit offset in the middle, so the walk gets confusing too! This isn't too bad unless you need to go in and often. If you don't mind taking stairs going down, the parking garage end has stairs which might make this a bit easier if no luggage. 3) Parking is 13 bucks per day. May be more during busy time??

Overall, I recommend it and will stay here again without any hesitation. Just make sure you ask for a room thats close to Elevator!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

As a Florida resident, we travel to Disney quite often. This is my new favorite non-Disney hotel.

We stayed just one night, but would be happy to return for a longer trip. The hotel is very spacious, clean, and modern. It has an awesome pool and lazy river area plus hot tubs.

We had a view of the golf course and could see the theme parks. One minus is that the parking is a bit far away in a garage and is $13 per day. They have a shuttle to the parks but we did not take it.

The beds were soft and had crisp clean linens. The bathroom was roomy, new, and clean with very nice towels and a makeup mirror. The room had a flat-screen TV and plenty of drawers and a desk area. Our room was very quiet - made it easy to sleep in and not hear other guests getting ready.

Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

This was our first trip to Orlando and first to Disney World with an 8-year old child. I'm a longtime Hilton Honors member and the Hilton Bonnet Creek was a huge home run for our needs.
It's one of the few hotels I've encountered that manages to be both elegant and sophisticated, yet "child friendly" and not at all "stuffy". It is a gorgeous facility with an elegant, rotunda-style lobby, and numerous restaurant options (including a highly-utilized "grab and go" area for sandwiches, drinks, coffee, snacks, etc.) Very well-stocked gift shop open until 11pm which has everything from snacks to clothing to jewelry to medicine.
Amenity-wise, it has a fantastic lazy river pool (heated) with a waterslide, two hot tubs, separate kiddie pool, poolsize food service and even a cabana with innertube rentals, sunscreen, and so on. Nice workout facility, too.
Try to get a pool-view room. . .they look out over the recently built Waldorf Golf Club and
directly at Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you look to the right, you'll see Epcot and (in the distance) Magic Kingdom. You can see nightly fireworks from your room, no problem. Only criticism would be the lack of balconies in the rooms, but you do get a great view from inside the room.
The hotel (and its sister Waldorf-Astoria just up the road) offer an excellent bus service to the Disney Parks. Although we had a rental car, we used the bus service extensively as (unlike the nearby Downtown Disney Hotels), the Hilton/Waldorf bus goes directly from the hotel to the parks (i.e. doesn't stop at 6-7 other hotels on the way). Big time saver, no doubt.
You do pay $13/day for garage "self-parking" but that seems to be common this close to the parks. It's 15 minutes or so from the Hilton to the front steps of a given park, using the hotel's bus service. We enjoyed being super-close to the parks without being in the Disney madness 24/7. Downtown Disney is a 5-10 minute drive away.
The staff were phonemenal (friendly, cheerful, informative) and I commend them for somehow pulling off "family friendly" and "business friendly" at the same time, all in a gorgeous setting. The Hilton Bonnet Creek website (as of this writing) doesn't do justice to this hotel -- we will go back and recommend it highly.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek? Share your experiences!