“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
St Petersburg, United States
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Love the quick elevators, beautiful view of golf course and pool area, friendly staff and comfy beds! Parking is easy and convenient, even though it is a little pricey. Coffee shop has excellent coffee!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Deana H, Director of Guest Relations at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Kris N,
Thank you for your nice review! We are so happy to hear you had such a wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you and your family in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (835)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Considering it belongs to the Hilton brand, I was expecting a lot more from this hotel. Check-in was not at all smooth. I obtained relevant information from the reception on my own. One expects info such as breakfast, in-house restaurants, room floor & no. to be told by them during check in. This is mandatory! That aside, rooms were good and clean. The landscaping done around the backside of the hotel was amazing. Maybe presence of a golf course nearby plays a role in that! The hotel property includes a pool plus a circular(walking depth) in which guests can rent a tube(at $5) and enjoy. During our stay, there was a cake competition cum exhibition (we were unaware of this). I repeat, the staff should take an interest in informing guests about activities. Also, during my stay, there was a cafe which served coffee and small bakery items till quite late at night. I found breakfast to be a bit steep at $22 and ate outside hotel. Lastly, check-out was quick and abrupt.
Overall, I might stay here again IF the staff becomes friendly and attentive to the needs of the guest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Deana H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Dear landwater_travel,

We would also like to thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. I truly apologize for the service you experienced, as this is certainly not the level of service we pride ourselves in. We have shared this information with our Management Team, so that we can understand what we can do to provide a better experience for our guests.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future and restoring your faith in the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek.

Best Regards,
Deana H.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed here four years ago when it first opened and loved it! The "lazy river" pool was exactly what we needed to relax and decompress. They do a wonderful job of managing the kids in the pool and although it was a bit crowded on Saturday morning, it was very tolerable. We stayed here this past weekend for the same reason. While our stay was good, and we still HIGHLY recommend the pool, and will likely stay there again, there were some small things that added up to some frustration.

First, check-in is at 4pm which is the latest of any hotel I've ever stayed at. The best they could do was 3pm. We planned on this and arrived ready to hit the pool. Second, neither of the lamps by the bed worked and they were not connected to the wall switch (we tried every button, switch and plug in the room). Third, there was no seal/sweep/gasket on the shower door so water leaked all over the bathroom floor. It was a good thing we had accidentally brought back a pool towel! Fourth, they charge you a $22 "resort" fee that is non-negotiable and it includes stuff we don't ever use: internet (we don't use unsecured wireless), kids breakfast (we have none), golf cart (not golfers) and access to the spa (too pricey). I was annoyed to be charged this. Finally, if you want late check-out - which is anything after 11am - be prepared to pay for it.

Another thing to remember - parking costs $18/day if you park yourself or $26 if you valet. Since the parking garage is connected to the building, and it is small, park your own car and save the $8. The food was good (with LOTS of options) but remember, you're at a resort so it'll be more expensive.

Room Tip: Construction was going on during the day but was quiet at night. I would recommend a higher level r...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Deana H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear JBuck101,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the pool and lazy river, but are disappointed to know that you had various challenges during your stay. Our goal is to provide great service and help create memorable experiences, and it looks as though we fell short in these areas. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at the hotel if I may provide any further assistance with booking a future stay with us.

We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Best Regards,
Deana H.
Derby
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival at this 5 star hotel we were quite pleased at how nice it looked . When we pulled up outside we were told we could not use main lobby and were directed to a makeshift lobby . We checked in and we're not informed about ongoing building work that was due to complete in the fall this we found out on way to our room as we passed a sign stating this and massive areas draped and cordoned of by a large curtain. We were given a room on 6 th floor excellent view of Disney fireworks.room was ok I don't think it was as clean as it should have been as I found sweets and nail clippings on the floor from previous guests also very dusty .
Lazy river very nice plenty of sun beds parasols and fresh towels the bar near the pool is called the beech it's quite nice a bit on pricey side they do a bar service which we did use to fetch drinks on a couple of occasions I left my coke because the time I waited turned it very watery hence un drinkable and at nearly 6 dollars we started to get our own. Breakfast is served downstairs at the harvest bistro. At 24 dollars per person for what they served I don't think I would have used if It haven't had been for the vouchers we received on check in. some of the days were ruined by building work which I did complain about and brought to the attention of virgin rep and the hotel. Some of the hotel staff were quite rude and unhelpful on the whole I had a good time but I have stayed in better 4 stars

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Deana H, Director of Guest Relations at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Dadraa,
Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay. I apologize for the service challenges experienced, as this certainly is not indicative of our Hotel service. Our goal is to provide great service and help create memorable experiences, and it looks as though we fell short in these areas during your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at the Hotel if I may provide any further assistance with booking a future stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is a truly wonderful hotel. Service is great based on my experience of other hotels that I stay at frequently for work and pleasure. You could not go wrong with this hotel.

My father in law fell sick 3 am, not only the staff came up to the room promptly, they called 911 and since I wanted to drive to the hospital at the same time, by the time I got down to the lobby - they had my van out there ready to drive off.

One of the security person not only asked EMT about which hospital they are going to, he gave me directions and his cell number to call in case I take a wrong turn.

When we got back after a tiring day, at least 3 staff members asked how we were doing....When we got to the room - they had a get well soon flower arrangement sitting there!

Kids loved the lazy river, pool and pool side movies. One evening wanted to eat the food that we got from outside and asked restaurant staff for some plates....they delivered by pool side the following for 8 people:
Warm plates
Forks, knives
Cloth napkins

Entire experience was super due to their attention to detail and desire to to their best....

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear cm19810,
Thank you for your wonderful review! We strive on a daily basis to exceed guest expectations and we are thrilled to see we were so successful during your vacation! Thank you for giving such great recognition to our team members for their exceptional service! We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We truly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were friendly, it had a nice and quiet pool, food was OK (didn't try much of their outlets), but the location was amazing. It is across the street from DownTown disney, an average of 10 minutes drive from all your major disney attractions and they have shuttles to all the major parks.

If you have a car (mind you there is a daily parking fee), staying at this hotel would be perfect.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying extra for the Disney View .. there isn't much to see anyways.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sam Dubster,
Thank you for your Five Star review! We are so happy to hear you had such a wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you and your family in the near future!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

If you're considering a trip to Disney, look no further than the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek! Although not technically owned by Disney, the Bonnet Creek Resort is only accessible by entering the main gates of The Walt Disney World Resort. The Hilton, along with the Waldorf Astoria next door, offer guests the very best of a resort experience, including a pool area equipped with a lazy river and water slide, award-winning 18 hole golf course, and plenty of dining options! Both hotels have complimentary motor coach shuttle service to all Walt Disney Theme Parks, Water Parks, and Downtown Disney. The hotel(s) also offer beautiful views of The Walt Disney World Resort (you can even see the fireworks from Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios at night!) and the ability to use each others pool, interchangeably. Overall, I would recommend the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek to any family that wants to be in the heart of Disney and enjoy all its perks without having to pay the exuberant costs of staying in a Disney-owned resort. As a HHonors Diamond family, we look forward to our next stay here!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear TrevM99,
Thank you for your great review! I am so pleased to hear you and your family had such an enjoyable stay and were able to enjoy our pools and all the Hotel amenities on site. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Orlando!

Been to Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek? Share your experiences!