“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Widnes, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is our second visit to this hotel and our stay was excellent again! The facilities are great and the staff are very efficient and approachable. The bus service to the Disney parks is a real bonus and the drivers are very courteous and friendly. The Harvest Bistro and Muse staff treated our family like VIPs and made us feel very special.

Since returning home to the UK we've booked our 2015 holiday and will be staying again at this excellent hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (923)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warner Robins
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were scheduled to stay at another Disney resort this week, however, my son came down with pneumonia and was admitted to the hospital so we had to cancel our trip for this week. We would like to reschedule our trip for next week however our hotel is booked. We are now scrambling around in hopes of finding another resort on a moment's notice and our neighbor LOVED the Hilton Bonnet Creek. When I called to get information, however, the reservations agent was VERY pushy. I began my conversation by stating that I would like some information on the hotel, but all she did was quote room rates to me and each time she said, "Which one would you like?" I had to keep asking questions to try and get more information before I made my decision but the more I asked the more annoyed she became. When I finally told her that I wasn't ready to book yet because I still did not have the information I was inquiring about, she insisted that I hold the room. I told her no because I wanted to discuss with my husband and that I would call back later this morning. She then stated that there may not be any availability if I didn't book or hold now. I really, REALLY do not like pushy reservations/sales agents and this is a huge negative in my book. Even if it's a great hotel, I'm very turned off by this and will most likely consider another hotel. Very disappointing because my neighbor highly recommended it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mark H, Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Good Day Ms. Donna S.

Thank you very much for your comments. I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had with our reservation agent. I understand that you felt pressured into making a decision when you did not have all the information you needed. We want all our guests to have their inquiries answered and feel comfortable to make their reservations with us. We have reached out to you directly to assist you with any outstanding questions.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife searched like it was a full time job for the perfect place for our Disney trip. We looked at the Disney resorts but only really liked the $$$ ones. I like a nice place, so the value/less expensive ones where not for us. This place had fantastic service especially in the resteraunts/breakfast. We wanted a shuttle, and a good comfy not a million people/stops kind of a shuttle, we knew the times so it was never a real wait if we got to wait spot close to the time,(and the shuttle always seemed to have the closest drop off pick up spots to the parks) they put strollers under the shuttle bus, even still opened, no need to empty all ur stuff out of the basket fold it up and drag the stroller in the bus to hold. It was a big touring bus w tv screen comfy seats. They played an Old Disney cartoon that kept my 3 year old (and myself) happy for what seemed like a short ride. We also wanted a zero entry pool, this is the best one, it's wide,.. Several lounge chairs, and coolest of all a real long lazy river, they sell tubes to just float all day in a 3-4' river/pool. Loved having wait staff bringing us food and drinks by the pool while we loung. for grown up time at the end of a long day, (what sealed the deal for me when looking for a place was) the "Beech" bar resteraunt. A couple of fire pits w big patio couches. So to save u all time u really don't need to look anywhere else. Unless of course I rethink this review to keep people away, to have all to myself. And I did think about that. Lol.

• Stayed May 2014
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We have just been here for our 4th visit, never thought we would go to the same place year after year, but when you find a jewel like this why not.
Many of the staff recognised us this time which made it even better and we were offered a few treats for our visit.
The lazy river is the real attraction, but of course the friendly helpful staff and the location of the hotel to Disney all make this the best place to stay.

Room Tip: Go for a room higher up at the back of the hotel 1. to overlook the pool 2. to see the Disney f...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I took a vacation for our anniversary and decided to stay here and let me just say it is the best hotel we have stayed at! When arriving one of the supervisor, I believe named Vanessa, took care of us and quickly checked us in so we can get settled in. During our stay the place was extremely clean, the staff were very professional and friendly, and overall we loved it and will definitely stay here whenever we are in Orlando.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was our second time back to the Hilton of Bonnet Creek and we will always make it our first choice for when we plan more than a one day trip to Disney since we are FL residents. A major hats off to the entire staff and accommodation's of this fine establishment from the second you drive up with the Valet service, the front desk, the Concierge desk, the various dinning and food establishments, the housekeepers and especially all the staff down at the pool/lazy river. We spent our mornings/early afternoons there before going to Disney parks and were all thrilled at the activities planned for the children. We were also pleasantly pleased with the live singer with his guitar also performing poolside. It was great that the singer had the guests participate in activities, and that he continued through the kids games too. He played a great verity of songs, and sang them well, for a lot of age groups.
Besides the optional Valet parking is the ability to catch one of the shuttle buses to the many Disney parks and attractions. We never felt uncomfortable with anything at this hotel and will highly recommend it to all our friends both in state and out of state when they come down as we found the prices for this establishment to be spot on.

Well done Hilton of Bonnet Creek

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

If you want the lively pool area, plenty for the kids to do and typical Hilton accommodation and pricing then this is a great place. If you want high quality food and ambiance with a relaxed pool area then the Waldorf ticks the boxes with a few minutes walk. What I am trying to say is that this place really gives you options but they all in the same complex. Disney is literally a few minutes drive away, in fact Typhoon Lagoon is probably 3 minutes by car. The golf course is immaculate with green keeping staff working by lights from 5 am. The staff are very well trained in customer service and willing to help at every possible moment. The restaurants are OK and the gem in the crown is Zeta offering reasonably priced food and drink, I think this is a concession and their happy hour is excellent value. The Bull and Bear is good but personally I think a little lacking in atmosphere and theatre and we much preferred Normans at the Ritz Carlton. However Peacocks is fabulous offering good value food and drinks.

The negatives to look out for include staying well clear during peak holiday season, Easter, Memorial Day etc as the hotel, like most, will never staff or facilitate to maximum capacity. Put towels outside the shower door as it opens the wrong way and you'll have a flood. Bins or trash cans are incredibly small in the room, use a plastic bag!

All in all a good hotel and we will return

Room Tip: Any high floor is good enough
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek? Share your experiences!