“Run Disney Super Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

WINTER RATES FROM $149*!
Ranked #24 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Run Disney Super Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed here for the Disney Marathon Weekend (Dopey challenge, ran all 4 races). They were SOOO great to runners. They had a runner's concierge, goodie bags, a runners reception (FREE DRINKS!), shuttle service to the races, and incredibly supportive staff. If you are looking for a hotel for a Disney run, this one was amazing. I've stayed at a large number of Hilton brand hotels (Diamond member) and this property stands out well above most. Great Job!

Room Tip: Try to get a view of Disney parks. We saw fireworks from our room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Tricia A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Colin W,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay and congratulations on completing the Challenge! I am thrilled to hear you had such an enjoyable stay and I hope to welcome you back!

Tricia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (839)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We traveled to Orlando in late December for 4 nights. The hotel itself was beautiful, and the rooms were extremely nice. The decor in the rooms is not overdone, and is very simplistic. The lobby is quite nice, and seems to well kept and clean. Check-in process was OK. But in terms of the staff, two departments stood out. The concierges and the 24 hour coffee shop in the lobby. Every concierge we came in contact was nice, and extremely helpful (they didn't seem bothered when we asked lots of questions). The lady who works at the gift shop at night, was probably the nicest person I have ever encountered in a hotel. She always remembered us, and asked us how our day had been and was just an overall wonderful person. The only two things I would say that need to be worked on, is A) explaining the charges (incidentals/resort fee) upon check-in. Unfortunately, the girl who checked us in didn't explain any of that, so when we questioned it upon check out, another girl explained to us what the charges were (very nicely though). And B) the room service food, I was not that impressed and neither was the other person with me. Overall it was a nice experience, and I would return to this hotel in the future. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Tricia A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear EC1807,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay! I am thrilled our concierge and coffee shop exceeded your expectations, and have shared your feedback regarding check-in and In Room Dining with our team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek for another great stay!

Dallas, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed 4 nights for the Disney Marathon weekend in January. This hotel is ideally situated near Epcot for the start/finish of each race. Never had any issues with driving myself via rental car to get to/from the hotel for the races. The hotel did recognize the marathon weekend event - but sadly they only provided transportation to the 1/2 marathon and full marathon on Saturday and Sunday. It would be great if they recognized and did this for the 5k and 10k that were Thursday and Friday as well.
The hotel and room were both clean. Comfortable beds. Offered free wifi in the rooms - which seemed to work fine for my iPad but not my iPhone.
Some reviews mentioned no in-room safes - but they do have an in-room safe - ours was located inside the nightstand between the queen beds (not in the closet like some hotels).
We were on the 15th floor and had good water pressure in the shower.
Some reviews say to request the pool side view - which you pay $10 more a night for. I wouldn't necessarily recommend paying for this upgrade unless you really like to look out a window.
Overall we had a good stay. I would recommend this hotel and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want pool/downtown Disney views - ask for a room located North of the elevator banks.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tricia A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear David_in_Dallas,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay for Marathon Weekends! We are constantly striving to improve the experience for runners, and very much appreciate your feedback! I look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay!

Southeast Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I booked this property for the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend based on last year's overwhelming positives from the stay. This year did not disappoint.

This year I ran the Goofy Challenge, which included running the Half and the Full Marathon, thus I added a day to my stay. My arrival late Thursday night was smooth at check in. They did manage to discount my resort charge, but did not eliminate it altogether as suggested last year. As that charge was oriented towards families with children (did not apply), allowed access to the gym (I ran 39.3 miles, The gym was not in my plan) and gave discounts at the Spa (Had no time to visit a spa as I was eating and sleeping each day for the next day's run), the overall resort charge scheme was still just a fee I had to tolerate.

The room was superb, quiet, facing the pool and included the stellar housekeeping services of the same quality as last year. The bed was comfortable, the stand-up shower so appreciated, and the AC did NOT blow on you as it was in a corner facing the window alcove only (I love this design).

The Breakfast restaurant Harvest Bistro, Dinner restaurant La Luce, and the coffee shop Muse were on their game, with fantastic service in each. Each had friendly servers who sounded genuinely interested in your run experience (as we runners love to talk about, don't we?) The food was excellent in each location and I was once again satisfied with their commitment to a positive guest experience.

The runners desk was in session on Friday, which had the same organized shuttle service sign up and brochures on the weekends activities. The morning of the races, Saturday and Sunday, I cannot smile enough at how alive and happy the 50 or so Hotel cheer squad associates were as they greeted (cheerfully loud) the guests. The spread of breakfast pastries, coffee, and power bars, plus bottled water was again fantastic and so needed at 2AM in each morning.

The "Find the Hotel Employee" contest this year went generic, and was limited to Saturday's Half marathon only. You had to spot the Hilton's Associate with either a "Bonnie" or "Wally" character on their T-shirt. I did find them on the course once, and received a prize coupon, which I tucked in my waist belt. As it turned out in the 80's on Saturday and near 95 % humidity, the prize card had de-generated into paper sludge from sweat by race's end. They were apologetic and replaced it with another card back at the Hilton. The runners icons which you had to "spot" on the course were only visible from the front of the T-shirt, not the back. Also, on Saturday only, this year they had a reception in the Zeta Bar for runners only, with a trail mix bar and various lunch foods. That was totally nice and relaxing and a definite keeper for next year!

A word about the return shuttle: Even though it was distant from the runner staging area, the Hilton made sure there were "Human Signposts" along the way with large signs to get you back to your bus in slot 25. What a great idea!

Both Saturday and Sunday, they had greeters at the door after the race to congratulate and welcome back the runners.

One difference between last year and this year was that last year on Sunday night, fireworks went off on the golf course near the Hilton/Waldorf. This year there were none. I liked them, as they capped off an amazing weekend.

Checkout was smooth, and the bill contained no surprises.

In summary, this year's stay was as consistent as and even better than last year, and I offer a few suggestions for improvement for next years stay, as I totally plan to reserve again as soon as next year's Marathon dates are announced.

1. Either discontinue the resort charge or include parking in it as an option,

2. Replace the paper prize cards with laminated ones

3. Put the Bonnie and Wally characters icons on the BACK of the T-Shirt as well so we can find them without ogling somebody's front

4. Saturday or Sunday night fireworks for the runners would be nice.

I can honestly say that the Hilton Bonnet Creek is the ONLY hotel this friendly to runners for any run event I have ever participated in. Every other property gives the nearby run events casual or no mention at all. Their dedication to improvement and this level of participation makes me want to attend the WDW Marathon and only stay at this resort for that weekend. Keep it up Hilton!

Room Tip: Away from elevators or elevator shafts
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear VisitedNewPlaces,

Thank you for sharing your five-star review! The Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek strives to be the premier destination for runners, and we greatly appreciate your feedback; we have shared your comments with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back next year for an even better stay!

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The real positive thing this hotel has is its pool, nice layout and lazy river. Value for money it's not great, the restaurant is below average; breakfast is not a spread that will inspire you! If you're a veggie the selection of fruit is grim. Expect a 20 minute wait for breakfast! They operate a bleeper system, not good! Marriott is superior in most respects.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

We appreciate your valuable feedback. As we continue to gather input from our guests, your review helps us to know what travelers are looking for when they stay with us. We'll be sure to share your comments with the appropriate members of our team and keep them in mind as we make updates to our services and offerings.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek this past weekend as we were participating in the WDW marathon. We were pleasantly surprised to receive a warm welcoming upon our arrival. The hotel provided gift bags for race participants, transportation to and from the event, a carb loaded breakfast in the morning and a variety of other activities for race participants. The biggest surprise came at 3:15 am when we were greeted by cheering hotel staff wishing us good luck in the race. It was a wonderful way to start the event. The Hilton definitely rolled out the red carpet for us. We stayed on Disney property last time we ran the race and the experience was better at the Hilton. We will be making the Hilton our hotel of choice for race weekend.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your glowing review! We are happy to hear that out hotel will be your top choice for future WDW marathons! We hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Megan B.
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Loved our stay at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. Got a great deal through the hotel website that included breakfast in the restaurant every morning for only $20 more a night...a bargain when you consider that buffet breakfast on its own there is $20pp a day. Food was great, restaurant would get very busy after nine am but we were always down there before that. Rooms were clean and large, beds very comfortable. We spent one day in the pool and thought it was very nice and clean, plenty of loungers available. So close to Disney, there was a shuttle that ran often but we had a rental so that we could come and go as we wanted. Downtown Disney is about 3 minutes away by car. Loved our 5 night stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your 5 star review! We are so happy to hear your stay was so wonderful and hope to welcome you back to our resort soon!

Kind Regards,

Megan B.

Been to Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek? Share your experiences!