“Great stay, and close to the Disney parks” 5 of 5 stars

WINTER RATES FROM $149*!
Ranked #24 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great stay, and close to the Disney parks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Just got done with a 4 night stay here with my wife and 5 year old daughter for a long weekend at Disney. Booked this place based on the Tripadvisor reviews and it did not disappoint. Rooms were clean and spacious, and maid service was terrific. A lot of folks on Tripadvisor rave about the pool and lazy river and they're right - it didn't disappoint. Both were fantastic and super 'kid friendly.' Food was good (but not cheap, like all resort style hotels like this). All in all, a good stay. Would recommend this to my family and friends.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (840)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Well I must agree with some of the other reviews. Was there just last week and yes the food is a real issue in the hotel, they have an extremely expensive restaurant which we tried but we were unimpressed. Most of the eateries on the premises were very quiet, yet they don't seem to see the problem. Everything else though is amazing, the lazy river is awesome, and yes very friendly staff on the whole.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up for the best views, especially if you want to see disney fireworks.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Okay, so this is a large Hilton hotel, but the great thing is that it is fairly new (the Bonnet Creek Resort is relatively new and includes this hotel, the Waldorf Astoria and the Wyndham). The staff were very friendly - especially at check-in when they couldn't find my reservation!! It was the fault of the travel company I booked it with, but they asked no questions. The girl at reception immediately put us into a room exactly as we had booked, reassured me that all would be sorted and that I wouldn't be charged any extra. In fact, we were given breakfast vouchers. The room was beautiful with great views of the Disney area. Clean and well presented, the room included all the normal facilities you would expect. Breakfast was amazing!! We loved this part! Hot or cold food, everything was buffet style and there is no way you could be disappointed with the range of food here (eggs, bacon, sausages, fried potatoes, tomatoes, breads, cereals, fruit, yogurts, waffles, etc. etc.). The staff were so so friendly here, and it was a lovely start to each day! One member of staff in the breakfast area even remembered us from the morning before. This was reassuring considering the size of this hotel (Her name was Brenda or Belinda? We loved her!). Parking was good, and within close proximity to the hotel. The pool was amazing with plenty of areas within it so that it could feel somewhat private. There is a free shuttle to the a couple of the Disney parks. This was very handy. We were only here for 2 days, but I would seriously consider coming back for a longer stay. I would definitely recommend to friends/family who are considering a Disney trip!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Food and meals were an issue. As stated earlier, the selection was limited and the prices were way too high. It should not be difficult to get a cup of coffee for two dollars, but here it is six? Rediculous. A sandwich and drink for lunch 15-20 dollars? Way too expensive and little options as transportation is limited.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel, pool and staff are very good. Its downfall are the prices it charges in the bars and restaurants. The hotel is quite some distance from any amenities and herein lies the problem. Just after arrival I went to the nearest supermarket to get some room supplies - I was taken to Walmart - it was $20 each way in a hotel supplied cab, expensive when you do not need a great deal. The bars in the hotel and complex are good, but again the prices are high, again, there is no real local alternative unless you get an expensive cab or have a car when you should not drink anyway. The best time to get a drink in during the happy hour (5pm - 7pm) at the Zeta Bar when the prices are reasonable. I had the continental breakfast, which including tip was about $17. For dinner in the Harvest Bistro expect about $50 - $60 including tips (for one). This aside, the fitness centre, pool and rooms are excellent, the staff are wonderful and very helpful and the conference centre is extremely well equipped ( and the biggest I have ever seen in a hotel). Would I return, no, but that it only due to the fact that the future conferences will be elsewhere and if I want to go to Orlando on holiday, I would go somewhere were there was something to do outside of the complex without having to take out a mortgage to get there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Panama City, Panama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Last year I reviewed the Hilton at Schipol Int'l Airport and I pledged not to return to a Hilton hotel if I could, due to my previous bad experience... Well, I had to return to Hilton, this time at the Orlando Bonnet Creek Hilton, because it was the main hotel of the conference I was attending.
The hotel's facilities are very nice, I must say; however (and this has been my constant complain about the Hiltons) they keep charging excesively for things they should provide, given the supposed level of hotels they try to be.
Charging 15 dollars per day for wifi or 17 dollars per day for self parking is, in my opinion, out of the question for a hotel on this category. It would be better to just increase a bit the hotel rate per night but provide these services for free.
The food, again, was expensive and, let's put it this way, good if you are expecting to eat at Chili's but not to the category of this kind of hotels.
Last but not least, I found a cockroach in my toilet (a living one!). Should this be even a matter in a Hilton-type hotel? I don't think so.
Unfortunately I cannot say I won't stay at a Hilton again (History has proven me wrong) but I will defintely try to avoid them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mark H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
We appreciate your review of your recent stay with us. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the amenity costs. We do our very best to keep costs fair without sacrificing service or quality. Guest feedback such as yours is incredibly important to us and we will keep it in mind as we continue to make improvements. We hope we can invite you back again.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We usually stay at Disney-owned hotels and came back to this non-Disney hotel after a two-year interval, only to find that it continues to provide outstanding accommodations and service. This time we stayed in one of the Disney-view suites (# 1709), which provided added comfort. Service at the cafe, lobby & pool bar, as well as the breakfast restaurant remains exceptionally friendly and efficient. Unlike so many hotels at WDW the soundproofing is excellent (and housekeeping staff possibly trained to be quieter) in such a way that we woke up late every morning because the room was enveloped in silence. The pool/lazy river are roomy and fun, and the Disney-view is unbeatable. If you're looking for a fantastic family resort inside Disney property this one should absolutely be on your short list.

Room Tip: The cost of a Disney-view is worth every penny. Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek? Share your experiences!