“Amazing hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Margarita Island, Venezuela
“Amazing hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The service is outstanding - they really went out of their way to make us feel at ease. Among the many nice things they did during our stay.This room is a nice-sized Families with small kids may do better either paying extra for a suite (pretty pricey at Hilton) or staying at a hotel that has rooms or suites with more family-friendly amenities.

This was a delightful hotel in a superb location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (833)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Redmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Here on a business trip, totally loved everything about the property. Would definitely visit again. The staff was very welcoming, anf I ate in two of the restaurants and the food was delicious. The hotel is on Disney property, so you are close to all of the Disney attractions. They do offer shuttle service to the parks.

• Stayed September 2013
la jolla,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Concierge service handles prescription refill. From the time I contacted the concierge desk to the time a local pharmacy delivered my prescription refill was 2 hours. Total cost $40. This included making a long distance phone call and delivery in the pouring rain.
Concierge service finds replacement battery for laptop.
Concierge service has tickets in stock for every attraction in Orlando.

At exactly this time I found out that all the Disney Hotels were getting rid of their experienced concierges and the service would be contracted out.
The same room at a Disney Hotel would have cost at least twice as much.

They have their own waterpark, which shows free movies on the weekends.

The food is very good, including the buffets.

They made a reservation without insisting on a deposit.

The downside: the parking is far away in a very tall building. It is hard to enter, hard to find a parking space and hard to exit.

Room Tip: One of the few cases where you want to be near the elevators. It is easy to get lost.
Green Features: It is pretentious to use "saving the planet" as an excuse for not changing the sheets every day.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We booked this hotel through Virgin Holidays from the UK based on the reviews from trip advisor. Virgin had been an absolute nightmare before we travelled and we didn't hear a peep from our conceirge whilst we were on resort but they made up for it in other ways....

As Virgin guests we got the "rock star service" which entitled us to a high floor (level 16) free concierge room with computers/printers/wii/videos/pool table/books etc and 20% off all food and drink on the resort plus golf and spa in the Waldorf. We ate and drank in resort quite a bit so this saved us a lot.

We also got free breakfast every day which saved us c$50 per day (the buffet is $22 pp per day before tax/tip), we reveived free parking which saved us $16 per day, free wifi and no resort charges which saved us $22 per day - so in total about $1300-$1500 plus the food and drink discounts over 2 weeks so thank you Virgin...you redeemed yourself.

Now onto the Hilton hotel itself....

We arrived at the tail end of the UK and US school holidays so the hotel was only c30% full (except on labour day) so it was tranquil and quiet most of the time.

There was only one big conference while we were there and the delegates didn't bother us much.

The reception staff are polite and helpful and the public areas were clean and smelt like a spa.

There is a regular free transfer service to all the Disney parks and downtown Disney which was nice. The drivers were friendly and informative. If you miss the transfer you can pick up free Disney transport to other parks or get a taxi. It cost c$20 from the Magic Kingdom and $10 from Downtown Disney.

The rooms were quite big for two people but the wardrobe was small and the shower does leak (as per some other reviews). Some rooms have baths - but I think you may need to request this. The rooms may have been a bit cramped if we had children with us.

There is an empty fidge in the room which we filled up with beer, wine and water from whole foods. If you have children this would be a must have for drinks and snacks.

The television was big and the channel choice was good - if this is important to you.

The air con was a bit noisy but it did not keep us awake.

Our room was adjoined to another room and for one night there was a family next door which did prove noisy late at night and early morning (excited children no doubt) - I don't know if I would have been pleased if they were there throughout our stay. You should consider the adjoining room noise if you are staying in peak season as you can hear quite a lot.

We had no issues with our room being cleaned every day - but I use the word clean loosely - they made the bed and gave us fresh towels - that was about it. The room got pretty dusty throughout our stay and the bathroom didn't exactly sparkle - it was nothing worth complaining about though.

The views were great - but I don't think it would be worth paying for a "firework view" if you want to see the fireworks got to the parks!

My only real complaints about the room are that bottled water was $4.00 a bottle - this should be complimentary surely in a country where the water tastes like sulpher and the towels were tiny - I am a UK size 10 and found them small - it would have been nice to get a towelling dressing gown and some slippers to relax in after a long day in the parks.

Breakfast.....weekends and labour day weekend particularly breakfast was crazy - this was not helped by parents who do not control their children (I know we are in Disney but it is a restaurant not a playground) and I think the staff should do more to ask guests to control their children for their safety and the experience of other guests.

Other than that we found breakfast to be quite pleasant, the selection of food was very good, I especially liked the bagels, fruit, yoghurt and granola, we sat outside so it was generally a bit quieter. There was an incident one day but as the management quickly resolved the issue I do not feel the need to raise it here.

The Pool...we loved the pool, it was huge and the lazy river was nice. It was horrendous on labour day and we actually had our rubber ring stolen which was abit off but once the labour dayers had gone it was back to normal, no issues with getting beds etc.

The pool bar staff were friendly and attentive even in the craziness of labour day - we never had issues with service like some other reviews suggest and the food at the pool bar was lovely as was the cocktails - but watch out they are strong!

I have reviewed La Luce and the Bull and Bear seperately.

Overall we had a lovely stay and I would recommend this hotel to others. I think however without the Virgin perks it could have worked out very expensive hence the 4/5 rating.

Room Tip: High floors have good views and the Virgin Concierge room is on 16 - don't pay for a fire work v...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I'm a little late in writing this review,but really felt the need to as we had such a fantastic time! We stayed from June 5th-19th this year. It had been 13 years since my last visit to Orlando, and I was only 10 at the time, so this was my first visit with my own family, consisting of me, my partner and our two boys age 5 and 2. We booked through virgin, and after a few hiccups, they wouldn't initially match a price we found on virgins online website.. We ended up with what I thought was a really good price for a 5 star brand new hotel! Much cheaper than even the value Disney resorts.

We arrived to TORRENTIAL rain but were told it was the tail end of the storm they were having in the gulf, and that it would pass in a day or two. Undeterred, our car was parked, we checked in and were shown to our room. The entrance and lobby to this hotel are stunning and absolutely spotless as is the rest of the hotel. There are two sets of lifts serving different floors (it is a rather big hotel) but we never waited more than seconds. On arrival to our room we were pleased to find two lovely big comfy beds, a beautiful, brand new, immaculate bathroom, big flat screen tv and very modern high quality furnishings. It initially felt strange to me not to have a balcony/terrace, most places I've stayed in have been more apartments, but the whole wall is glass and you have fantastic views across to Disney! If you were a larger family or one with older children it might not be as ideal, the only other options to the room we had (2queen beds) was one king (same size room etc) or a parlour suite, which was a fairly expensive upgrade...For us it suited fine as our boys are small enough that they just shared one of the queen beds, although we did have to push it up to the wall on the little ones side to avoid him falling out.

I've read quite often on here people complain about the hidden charges.. And yes they are steep and rather annoying after already paying thousands for your holiday. Luckily for us virgin were including the resort fee (22 dollars a day!) and offering free parking, which should be 16 dollars a day to self park, as expensive as parking at the parks, so if you plan to drive it would soon rack up! If we had if booked through someone else and then had to pay an extra 40 dollars a day for both these things we definitely could not have afforded it! So I hope virgin continues to offer that. The other benefits we got through virgin were free buffet breakfast for our whole stay and access to the virgin concierge lounge, which has free Wi-Fi, laptops, pool tables, tv etc.. Breakfast was to die for! Another point some people have raised is that its very busy, you are waiting around etc.. We never found this a problem, the service was fab, the staff are very accommodating and helpful, great with our boys and happy to the extra mile! Food was of a very high standard, and I can be a bit fussy with breakfast. Freshly cooked omelettes, waffles, bacon, eggs, fruits, cereals, cakes and pastries! You couldn't go hungry or get bored of the food. If you are paying for the breakfast buffet it was 22dollars an adult and 11 per child so we were happy to save 66 dollars every morning! And made sure we filled up so as not to buy too many snacks at the parks. The waiters even told us to wrap up a cake or 2 to take with us. During our second week,we did find it busier, due to conventions taking place, and on one or two mornings were given a pager and asked to wait for a table, but never waited more than 5 minutes, hardly a nightmare, we just made sure we were earlier the following day. On a whole the staff coped really well with it though and it didn't affect service or the food. Similarly you didn't really pay much attention to the convention's in the hotel and as its so big it really wasn't an issue. I was more than happy when they had a cake competition in the lobby and we had to eat and vote for our favourite!

On to the free transportation to the parks, again, fantastic. On par with Disney's own hotel shuttles, in terms of how often they run. I think in the morning they were every half hour. Even better is that they are fully air conditioned coaches, with multiple screens that play Disney films to watch during your ride, so the children (and us) were comfortable, cool, and entertained for the journey! The bus drivers were helpful and let us board and leave our buggy outside for them to pack underneath in the hold. You don't even need to collapse pushchairs as they fit underneath without needing to, so its ideal when you arrive at the park or hotel that you don't need to sod about with it! Especially if they fall asleep on the coach which is likely!

The pool area is brilliant, couldn't fault it. Never the scrambling to reserve a bed with towels as there were so many and to be honest it never got really busy. Our boys loved the lazy river, you can buy the inner tubes from the pool side shop, they were 4 dollars, so really not overpriced. You could also buy them a little cheaper in the Wal-Mart that was about a ten minute drive away. We went there a few times to stock up on food and drink for the room. Pool area was spotless again, and the pool concierge that served us was lovely. Will bring you food and drink all day to your beds, I didn't personally think the food was super expensive, it wasn't cheap, but you did get what you paid for, it was good quality. Another benefit if virgin customers was 20 percent off all food and drink,so that did help. We ate round the pool, and room service once or twice and ate in the harvest bistro for dinner a few times and found it all to be fresh and good quality. Kids ate free with adult meals in there too which is great, we paid about 45-50 dollars I think for dinner ( that's with our discount ) and a tip.

Overall I would highly recommend the hotel based on my experience, it terms of locations I don't think you can beat it, lake Buena vista is kept immaculately and you are 5/10 mins from all the Disney parks, about 10/15 from international drive and then just past there your at universal and seaworld etc. We had a car in order to be able to have a bit freedom in terms if where we could eat, and to do shopping, get to Wal-Mart etc.. And after getting lost once or twice in the first few days, we nailed it the second week! Its pretty straightforward.

I really can't wait to re visit Orlando and providing we could get as good a deal as last time, I'd happily return!

10/10

Room Tip: high up gives you a fantastic view!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Apopka, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

WE come every year for my Sister and my birthdays we always have a great time only problem was the towel situation The best gift was a surprise bottle of champagne !!!! The Lazy River Pool is the BEST we stayed in for most of the day Service in all the Rest. were good except the pool Area i would not recommend eating or drinking there. We always have a great time here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

First time in this hotel and would definitely go again. The rooms were lovely the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in, usually miss my own bed on holiday but not here. The pool area was great and other than Labor Day weekend was never crowded. I would have been happy to just stay around the hotel and make use of all of its excellent facilities but being in Orlando there was so much other stuff to cram in. Great location very close to Disney and easy access to other routes.
We would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek? Share your experiences!