“Hilton Bonnet Creek - Disney Marathon Experience” 5 of 5 stars

SUMMER RATES FROM $119!
Ranked #14 of 328 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pembroke Pines, Florida, United States
“Hilton Bonnet Creek - Disney Marathon Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is THE place to stay for your marathon experience. The staff is phenominal and the accomodations are beautiful. This place goes all out to make the participants feel welcomed and ready for their race. Then they cheer for you upon your return! I have never seen anything else that comes close.

Room Tip: The pool/park views are wonderful.

2,643 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (707)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Colts Neck, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great, clean and beautiful. We stayed at this place for a 3v3 soccer tournament because all the other hotels were booked and we are so glad they were. We would have never stayed here had the other ones not been fully booked. Highly recommended. Great rooms, great pool and lazy river for the kids. The restaurants are good in the hotel but nothing special. Sushi wasn't bad at all and the harvest bistro was pretty good. All in all we will book this hotel again for next year's espn 3v3 soccer tournament.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over the pool and lazy river. There's a decent view of the espn world of sports...
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We visited the Hilton during Thanksgiving of 2012. We were looking for a hotel that was convenient to Disney and Seaworld. They have shuttles to the disney parks, but you have to cab it or rent a car to Seaworld. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are very nice, comfortible and surprisingly quite. We have a 2 and 4 year old and were very concerned that we would disturb our neighbors, but the hotel was filled with kids for a soccer and baseball tournament and we could not hear a thing in any of the rooms. The pool is amazing and very kid friendly. It has a lazy river and tubes you can rent for the day. My 4 year old loved the float. The pool has a beach like feel. The kids can easily walk in and out and it gradually gets deeper. It was perfect for both of the kids. They also had a lot of activities for the kids. We spent the day at the park and then hit the pool in the late afternoon and they had face painting and then a movie. The food choices were also pretty good. The breakfast buffet has a lot of choices and was included in our rate. We tried the same restaurant for dinner and it was not very good at all. There are two restaurants that are fantastic. La Luce and Muse. The bakery items at Muse are fantastic. We moved to the Waldorf for a few days and still continued to eat breakfast and get snacks from here. They have amazing pastry items and ice cream. La Luce was fantastic as well. A little pricey, but good. The kids were pretty spent from a day at the parks and were a little wild, so my husband and I had to take turns eating and taking a walk with the kids. The staff was very accomidating to this. Truly, this is not a kid restaurant, but they were very accomidating. The only negative thing that I could say is the location is not close by to any other restaurants, so if you do not have a car you rely on the shuttle to downtown disney, which is not very frequent or taking a cab which can really get expensive. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I am a Platinum member with Marriott. My company booked me a hotel stay here for 2 nights. I thought this was a great opporunity to see if I should switch to hilton brands. Not doing it. Asked the late guy (dressed real sloppy) about Hilton Honors info..said he will get me pamphlet. Did not get it. Asked for late check out...couldn't do it, yet when I called in morning staff was more pleasent and accomidated us. The morning staff was super friendly and looked sharp. The hotel is real clean and nice. I stay in a lot of hotels (hence my Platinum status)..and frequent Orlando alot. Dont know if I would stay here again. Maybe i should give it one more try. The breakfast was good. Pool to cold to use due to weather but looked amazing.

• Stayed January 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went on this business trip with expectations of the average hotel stay. I'm so glad I was wrong! The hotel staff are remarkable... they seem to genuinely enjoy making guests feel good and comfortable. Everyone I came into contact with was delightful, without exaggeration. What a pleasant surprise, delivered in a lovely-to-look-at package... everything is new, updated with clean, fresh colors. And guess what? It's quiet! I never heard the late-night folks coming into their rooms, never heard another TV. I only wish I could have brought my family, as the kids would have loved the pool.

Room Tip: You'll want to face the pool. Watch for the staff's morning "messages" on the deck...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
St. John's, NL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I will start by saying Hilton is our hotel of choice. It is also our first time staying in the continental USA, our experience has been with Hilton hotels in Europe, Canada, Caribbean and Hawaii. In my opinion the hotel is essentially standard fair and definitely has not lived up to our other Hilton stays.

Having said this It was clean, comfortable and has a great and helpful staff. These are items I have come to expect from a Hilton. The extras touches are not there as compared to some of the other Hilton hotels we have stayed in. However, it was decent for the price which was ~20% of our last Hilton Hotel. Families will love the pool area and couples such as ourselves liked the fact it was not jammed packed during the December 15-21, 2013 period. The food was standard fair and compared to dinner at the Waldorf's Bull and Bear next door they paled in comparison (however they are also significantly less than the Bull and Bear). Our favorite dinning place was the pool restaurant which was only open for 3 days of our 7 day stay (assuming because they had a lot of vacancies). It's in a great location for visiting Disneyland parks.
We came to relax and golf which worked extremely well for us. We played 5 days at twilight with no pre-bookings. We had no wait times and played as a twosome. The only negative with respect to the golf course is that they need to re-grip their rental clubs. The rental grips were in the worst shape for clubs that I've rented anywhere (Mexico, Barbados, PR, Costa Rico, Antigua, etc.). It will definitely serve as a economic but reliable option for an Orlando visit.

Room Tip: We paid for the Disney view but really could not see anything! As it not much more, it was no issue...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

As diamond HH members, we stay at many Hilton properties. This was by far the best experience we have ever had. We were there for the Disney World Marathon, and as others pointed out, the hotel catered to runners, with a welcome "goodie" bag, free transportation to expo and events, food before the race and cheerleaders to send us on our way and welcome us back. It was amazing!

We were there five nights, and we enjoyed our time at the pool and lazy river, especially after the race. You can buy the inner tubes for $5 or $6, which is a good value when you are there for several days. Otherwise, you can see if someone who is checking out will give you their tube(s). We saw that happen quite a bit. They are big to try to take home. The hotel no longer offers rentals.

The hotel service is amazing. This is the main reason for the excellent review. The staff will do whatever they can to ensure you have a perfect stay. I hurt my knee at the end of the marathon and was looking to buy an ace bandage. They did not have any for sale, but an hour or so later, a man from security brought one to our room. This is just one example of the terrific service.

Also, because we were running a marathon, we did not want to spend much time on our feet before the event. After speaking with the concierge, we were able to get an "after 4" discounted ticket from the Disney Store (inside the hotel) and spent an extremely enjoyable evening at Epcot. We took the shuttle over there, walked onto most of the rides, had a lovely dinner in "Mexico" with a front seat view of the fireworks and then grabbed the last shuttle. It was seamless, with no hassle. When you can enjoy Disney without any hassle, that is saying a lot.

I have not seen this mentioned much, but our room (which did overlook the pool and Epcot) was a long way from the elevator. This would not have been a big deal if I hadn't hurt my leg during the marathon, but it is not usual to have a hotel room so far away from the elevator. Having said that, it was extremely quiet by our room, which was at the end of a long hallway. There was no foot traffic going by. But if I were going back to run a long distance event, I would ask for a room a bit closer to the elevator. Also, if you forget something in your room and only have 5-10 minute to catch the shuttle, you won't have time to run back to the room.

I always consult Tripadvisor when I make a reservation, and I often have said I would write a review, but this is the first time I have done so. When a hotel works so hard to get it right, it should be acknowledged. If we run the event again, we'll definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: Some rooms are far from the elevator; may want to check if you have any mobility issues.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek? Share your experiences!