“Extraordinary service, lovely surroundings!” 5 of 5 stars

BREAKFAST B4 THE PARKS
Ranked #22 of 329 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Extraordinary service, lovely surroundings!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went on this business trip with expectations of the average hotel stay. I'm so glad I was wrong! The hotel staff are remarkable... they seem to genuinely enjoy making guests feel good and comfortable. Everyone I came into contact with was delightful, without exaggeration. What a pleasant surprise, delivered in a lovely-to-look-at package... everything is new, updated with clean, fresh colors. And guess what? It's quiet! I never heard the late-night folks coming into their rooms, never heard another TV. I only wish I could have brought my family, as the kids would have loved the pool.

Room Tip: You'll want to face the pool. Watch for the staff's morning "messages" on the deck...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (969)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. John's, NL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I will start by saying Hilton is our hotel of choice. It is also our first time staying in the continental USA, our experience has been with Hilton hotels in Europe, Canada, Caribbean and Hawaii. In my opinion the hotel is essentially standard fair and definitely has not lived up to our other Hilton stays.

Having said this It was clean, comfortable and has a great and helpful staff. These are items I have come to expect from a Hilton. The extras touches are not there as compared to some of the other Hilton hotels we have stayed in. However, it was decent for the price which was ~20% of our last Hilton Hotel. Families will love the pool area and couples such as ourselves liked the fact it was not jammed packed during the December 15-21, 2013 period. The food was standard fair and compared to dinner at the Waldorf's Bull and Bear next door they paled in comparison (however they are also significantly less than the Bull and Bear). Our favorite dinning place was the pool restaurant which was only open for 3 days of our 7 day stay (assuming because they had a lot of vacancies). It's in a great location for visiting Disneyland parks.
We came to relax and golf which worked extremely well for us. We played 5 days at twilight with no pre-bookings. We had no wait times and played as a twosome. The only negative with respect to the golf course is that they need to re-grip their rental clubs. The rental grips were in the worst shape for clubs that I've rented anywhere (Mexico, Barbados, PR, Costa Rico, Antigua, etc.). It will definitely serve as a economic but reliable option for an Orlando visit.

Room Tip: We paid for the Disney view but really could not see anything! As it not much more, it was no issue...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

As diamond HH members, we stay at many Hilton properties. This was by far the best experience we have ever had. We were there for the Disney World Marathon, and as others pointed out, the hotel catered to runners, with a welcome "goodie" bag, free transportation to expo and events, food before the race and cheerleaders to send us on our way and welcome us back. It was amazing!

We were there five nights, and we enjoyed our time at the pool and lazy river, especially after the race. You can buy the inner tubes for $5 or $6, which is a good value when you are there for several days. Otherwise, you can see if someone who is checking out will give you their tube(s). We saw that happen quite a bit. They are big to try to take home. The hotel no longer offers rentals.

The hotel service is amazing. This is the main reason for the excellent review. The staff will do whatever they can to ensure you have a perfect stay. I hurt my knee at the end of the marathon and was looking to buy an ace bandage. They did not have any for sale, but an hour or so later, a man from security brought one to our room. This is just one example of the terrific service.

Also, because we were running a marathon, we did not want to spend much time on our feet before the event. After speaking with the concierge, we were able to get an "after 4" discounted ticket from the Disney Store (inside the hotel) and spent an extremely enjoyable evening at Epcot. We took the shuttle over there, walked onto most of the rides, had a lovely dinner in "Mexico" with a front seat view of the fireworks and then grabbed the last shuttle. It was seamless, with no hassle. When you can enjoy Disney without any hassle, that is saying a lot.

I have not seen this mentioned much, but our room (which did overlook the pool and Epcot) was a long way from the elevator. This would not have been a big deal if I hadn't hurt my leg during the marathon, but it is not usual to have a hotel room so far away from the elevator. Having said that, it was extremely quiet by our room, which was at the end of a long hallway. There was no foot traffic going by. But if I were going back to run a long distance event, I would ask for a room a bit closer to the elevator. Also, if you forget something in your room and only have 5-10 minute to catch the shuttle, you won't have time to run back to the room.

I always consult Tripadvisor when I make a reservation, and I often have said I would write a review, but this is the first time I have done so. When a hotel works so hard to get it right, it should be acknowledged. If we run the event again, we'll definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: Some rooms are far from the elevator; may want to check if you have any mobility issues.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I were privileged to stay at the Hilton Bonnet Creek in Orlando for the Disney Marathon Weekend in January 2013. We ran the Goofy Challenge and it was our first time away from the kids, and our first time travelling for a race. Let me start by saying that from the moment we arrived at the Hilton Bonnet Creek, we experienced top notch service. Not only were marathon runners welcomed...we were celebrated! This hotel went over and beyond our expectations. The reason we chose the Hilton Bonnet Creek was because we found it to be even more affordable than the least expensive Disney property. And as an added bonus, we were conveniently located right on Disney property! Disney thrills and fun, but with exclusive luxury. Check-in was a breeze and we were given specially prepared marathon packages filled with lots of goodies. There was a specially assigned table where a hotel representative gladly answered all our questions and provided vital information. An impressive stage was set up to celebrate marathon weekend, and best of all there were cheerleaders to see us off, and welcome us back. Free shuttle service to and from the expo and races. Awesome complimentary breakfast from 2:30-4:30am. Lots of fun, lots of surprises, and 5 star treatment all the way! I am highly recommending this hotel to everyone in my run club who are considering running Disney in the future. And I will definitely be staying at the Hilton Bonnet Creek for the 20th Goofy Challenge Anniversary in 2015 (if not, sooner!).

Room Tip: Our room faced the pool and this gave us a spectacular view of the nightly fireworks. Simply stunnin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed here for Thanksgiving and although the parks were absolute madness this hotel was excellent. The staff is EXTREMELY FRIENDLY and really caters to those with little children. Quality of food is excellent and very tasty. Our children felt at home immediately. The lazy river and the water slide are a perfect option if you want a day without the hustle and bustle of a park. Housekeeping is impeccable which for me is HUGE. We enjoyed it so much we are coming back in February for our mid-winter break. I would have given it an EXCELLENT rating if it were not for the pillows which are far too soft and the water pressure of the shower. Perhaps it was just our room but the pressure was non-existent (for those of us ladies with long hair getting the soap rinsed out proved to take longer than it should have).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Family trip for the Disney Marathon weekend. Had been wanting to stay at this property since it opened. Service was top-notch from the moment we drove up to when we drove away 4 days later. While rather simple from the outside, the lobby is beautiful. Elevators were super quick. We ended up with connecting rooms on the 16th floor overlooking the pool --- EPCOT, Disney Studios and Blizzard Beach were all in site. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and spacious -- beds very comfortable. No noise from the hallway at night. Pool area is great --- thankfully had warm weather to enjoy the lazy river post-race(s) and parks. One tip -- bring your own inflatable inner tube. Concierge was very helpful both for race weekend activities and general assistance. Bus transportation left the race expo early on the last day and my family missed the bus (we watched it pull away), the hotel quickly sent over a taxi and covered the cost to get us back to the hotel. Food might be the weakest point. Breakfast at Harvest was excellent however the pre-race pasta buffet was awkwardly laid out and not operating efficiently. We did not get a chance to try La Luce but lunch from Beech (at the pool) was very good -- try the grilled chicken salad. Took a walk over to the Waldorf one evening and it, too, is a beautiful property but not quite as kid-friendly on the surface. Location is extremely convenient to Disney but once you step foot on the property you get a deep sense of relaxation. We look forward to our stay for next year's race.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I went to the Hilton for a conference and was extremely impressed by the staff and facilities. Beautiful hotel, great location (close to Disney) and the staff was wonderful and very very friendly. Would definitely come back for personal travel with family.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek? Share your experiences!