“AMAZING ROOM!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 328 hotels in Orlando
stan279
“AMAZING ROOM!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Took my 1.5 year old son to Disney World and decided to stay off resort for the first time. This really was a internal struggle as I really love the feeling of being immersed in all that Disney or Universal has to offer. I was a bit wary of the decision but I've heard nothing but great things about the Parc Soleil from my family that we decided to give it a shot.

At first glace upon pulling into the hotel it did seem a bit out in the middle of no where. Just to address this first. Once you learn the surrounding area the hotel is in an amazing location. It is a few minute drive from the entrance to Disney (I think it's also close to Sea World but we only went to the Disney Parks for our trip), there is a Walmart a few miles down the road to stock up your full kitchen and there are shops (outlets included) and a plethora of restaurants all super close by. We didn't eat on site so I'm not sure how the resort amenities for this are.

Okay so now to the actual hotel itself. Parking was super easy and readily accesible. The pool was amazing our son LOVED IT for our days not at the park. There are all kinda of things for kids like a play ground a little play area. Everything is convenient and looks great. So now the best part of this hotel is the room or suites I should say. Our one bedroom plus suite was HUMUNGOUS! The suite was beautiful, clean just amazing. Beautiful kitchen, beautiful living room, amazing bathroom, laundry in unit and to top it off we could see the Epcot fireworks show from our balcony, albeit it was in the distance but still not too shabby!

So in summary, I did kind of miss the whole Orlando resort feel which the Parc Soleil didn't have but the perks that it offers are second to none. I am officially not staying on resort property again. Being able to have options for dinner and things to do aside from the parks was awesome. When we go back to Disney when the kiddos a bit older (1.5 was a little too young in my opinion) the Parc Soleil will be our only option.

Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

1,403 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Rock Island, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very nice and new hotel. We stayed at another Hilton-brand hotel in the area that had free shuttle service to Disney World, and assumed that this one would as well, since there wasn't anything to the contrary on their website ("Take advantage of our shuttle service to popular theme parks and take the stress out of travel"). We were upset to discover that not only was their shuttle service much less convenient in terms of times, but it was also not free, but cost a significant amount per person. 'Lesser' Hilton hotels just down the street offered free service that was much better. Save your money that you'll have to spend on the extras (such as breakfast, which is also included at most other nearby Hilton-brand hotels) and go elsewhere, or at least call and be aware of the hidden costs of staying here. Also, our room didn't have a tub in it. If you're a family who needs one for small children, you might want to see if they have rooms that have tubs.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here due to a promotional deal we got for listening to a time share presentation. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite, which was really nice. It had full kitchen, washer/dryer (and they provided the laundry detergent), huge bathroom with big shower, bathtub that filled with water that came from the ceiling (daughter thought that was funny). We had a nice walk-out balcony where we could see the fireworks from Disney at night. The balcony was a nice size and had a table and chairs, plus a chaise lounge to sit on. The area was very quiet since it wasn't in a highly populated area, plus it was very close to local restaurants and to Disney. The property didn't provide free shuttles to area attractions; you had to pay $9 per person for round trip shuttle service so we just drove to Disney World. No breakfast or coffee were provided; I would have thought this service would be provided since this is a high class property. There were multiple swimming pools there but we never had time to use them. Also there is a fitness center, onsite store, deli and restaurant but those prices are high so you're better off eating at a local restaurant. We put the "do not disturb" sign on the door several days and the staff was good at checking back later to see if we needed anything. Great service, just not worth listening to the high pressure time share presentation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed at parc soleil end of October for a trip to Disney for food and wine festival. 1 bedroom was huge compared to most Orlando properties. Having a kitchen was great. Went to the local grocery store and made some quick meals before going to the park. They are doing road work in front of property, and looks like a new exit from the interstate may be right in front of entrance, so not sure how that will work out. Close to the parks.
One issue that seemed strange was that we had bottles and other plastic we were going to recycle and the maid service threw them with the trash. Not Eco friendly. Also replaced one time used towels. We are not that dirty and do not need new towels every day.
Overall, would visit again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Allen Park, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Well placed facility for theme park tourists. There is no need to leave if you choose as the establishment has an onsite store, deli, and restaurant/bar as well as a fitness center complete with many machines and free weights. Very professional and courteous staff. The restaurant has savory entrees with moderate prices for a resort. Large pool with multiple hot tubs and a slide for the kids. Loved this place! Great Hilton Grand Vacations Club property!

• Stayed November 2012
Cheney, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were there for 3 nights as a promotional gig with Hilton. They put us up for 3 nights for a great price if we were willing to listen to there sales pitch for trying to get up to buy into the ownership program.

The hotel and surrounding area was very nice, room was great, bathroom was huge!!!. The only problem we had with this room was the screaming child every single morning, and I am talking early morning. Do believe they should give you a complementary breakfast while you are there.
Staff was more than helpful and very eager to please. Will not go back because if you don't buy into their membership program, you aren't allowed to stay there.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay away from families with small kids if you are just with your spouse, air conditio...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations Club, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We're delighted you found our Team Members more than helpful and very eager to please during your brief stay with us. At the same time though, please understand that while you may have opted not to become a member of the Hilton Grand Vacations family at this time, we'd love to have you stay with us again if your travel plans bring you back to the Orlando area. If this is of interest to you, you may make a reservation at your convenience by simply visiting our Hilton website. Again, thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to be of service to you.

Peter M. Merrill
Chattanooga, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a "family resort" property--both a time share and hotel--located near several of Orlando's themed attractions. It was my first experience in this type of property. While it's not for me, it might well be what you're looking for.

For what it's worth, and just in case you ARE like me, here's why I would not return: no PBS station, no FM on the sound system (so NPR available only on the small alarm clock radio), and no desks in any of the rooms! (But see below about the staff's excellent attempts to accommodate me!) There was also a fairly constant thumping and screeching from the pool area--loud music, an evening movie projected on a giant screen, children enjoying the water slide--all normal at a family resort. But not for me.

I'd rate the property higher if my request for a quiet room on a high floor--repeated several times in advance both to central reservations and directly to the hotel--had been honored. Upon arrival, my prior requests and Hilton "gold status" were irrelevant, although the friendly desk clerk did read (for the first time) the notes in my record. I was assigned a mid-level room facing the noise, albeit away from "mechanicals," and told to check the next day "to see if someone checked out." I accepted that, until I discovered later that people checking in after me were offered--and got--the very type of room I'd requested. I did request a change the next morning, but was told that the hotel was full--which it clearly was not. Apparently "full" means something other than "all rooms occupied." (See below for rooms you might like.)

So my visit started off poorly--but then began to turn around, thanks to some terrific staff. Although I was stuck in my room for 4 days--actually a deluxe suite from which I had to escape during the noisier periods--it was immaculate and had everything I needed in a kitchen. (Wal-Mart and Publix are nearby!) And "guest services" got into problem-solving mode. They sent Roop and Jorge from Engineering to make unsuccessful but earnest attempts to tune in an NPR station on the sound system. (The FM option is not connected to an antenna since "nobody uses it.") They explained that the hotel had "dropped the PBS station from the channel line-up" in a recent revision. (Although you-know-who lost the election, there's no Big Bird to be seen at the Parc Soliel, kids.) But here's the best: At the behest of Myrna from Guest Services, Roop and Jorge returned shortly with a small table for me to use as a desk. Where did they get it? From their break room!!! Wonderful. (BTW, I could have worked at the dining table, but would have had to stretch my AC plug perilously across the room.) These accommodating staff made it possible for me--a misfit here--to have a pretty good time and meet some terrific people.

About "amenities:" The Activity Center and Exercise Room are meagerly but adequately stocked and staffed. Planned activities for kids seemed to be enjoyed. There were some for adults, but none appealed to me, so I can't comment. One of the two pools is quieter and more adult-oriented (though children are allowed), the jacuzzi was delightful, and the nearly completed walking/jogging track was a pleasant retreat. Restaurant meals were reasonably priced (for a hotel) and fairly well prepared, though the presentation was odd--more fit for poolside than a dining room. (No seafood forks, only plastic wine glasses, etc.) Sundries and snacks are available in The Market, but I'd recommend a 5-minute drive for wider choice and better prices.

Rooms: Others have noted that the walls are thin, so be sure to ask for what you need--even if your request, like mine, is ignored. There are two completed buildings. Building 100 faces northerly (front side) to the pool. The back side side looks over marsh and ponds and affords a view of the Disney fireworks at night. Building 200 is busier and noisier, housing all the "activities and amenities." The pool side, facing east, has a nice sunrise view; the back side overlooks rather dismal construction areas, but is quieter than the front.

NOTE: I'm rating Service as "average" only because it was a mix of terrible (Reservations & Room Assignment) and wonderful (some Guest Service, Housekeeping, & Engineering).

Room Tip: Quietest-Building 100 rear. Closest to amenities-Building 200. See review for details and comments...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations Club? Share your experiences!