“HGVC Members Get Worse Treatment Than Non-Club Members: warning to potential vacation club buyers!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations Club

2X POINTS PACKAGE!
Ranked #31 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Frankfort, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My daughter and I are traveling all over the state of FL looking at colleges for 7 days. It's been grueling. Since we are new Hilton Grand Vacation Club members, I thought we could spend 2 days and 3 nights at the very nice Parc Soleil property and just relax.

The first day we were here (we're actually here right now) we got no maid service. I called the front desk to let them know and the young lady was very apologetic and sent a cleaning crew right up. They did a fantastic job.

Today is day two of our stay and for the second time we got no maid service. Again I called the front desk to ask them why we didn't receive maid service and we needed to get ready to go out and meet up with family. I told Andrew that as a Club Member on my first visit as a member, I feel that this not how we should be treated. Andrew informed me that Club Members don't get regular maid service, only clean linens and towels if we request them!

We spend thousands of dollars to be Members PLUS maintenance fees. I feel that we SHOULD get maid service! Why would you go on vacation if you have to clean your own room(s) and change your own beds AND wash your own dishes???

Let this serve as a warning to those who are invited for a discounted vacation stay: If you buy into the Club, your family vacations will be just like staying at home!

• Stayed October 2012
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations Club, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the housekeeping services we provide our Members, however, as you correctly point out, daily housekeeping service is not built into your annual maintenance fee. At the same time though, realizing that some of our Members do prefer having their unit clean more frequently than the mid-week clean, which is part of your maintenance fee, we do offer a variety of supplemental housekeeping services on an ale carte basis, including the daily tidy service which is built into our nightly rate for our transient rental guests. Again, we apologize for any confusion and look forward to providing you and your family a lifetime of exceptional vacation experiences within our Hilton Grand Vacations Club Family of Affiliated Resorts, as well the ever growing collection of properties in the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and through our ClubPartner Perks program.

Peter M. Merrill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Port Stephens, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here late September in the 15th floor Penthouse overlooking the pool in Tower 2. The family was ecstatic when they saw the room and the view over the pool. Couldn’t complain about anything during our week long stay, just wished it could have been longer. Very spacious, well equipped kitchen, washer & dryer, luxury fittings throughout. King bed was extremely comfortable, however the sofa bed was a little on the hard side, but worth the sacrifice. The pool was awesome and had a water slide. There was a restaurant/eatery and the food was good quality and price. There is also a small marketplace where you can but the essentials at a reasonable price. You definitely need a car to stay here, 10 minutes to all theme parks. Gives you freedom to leave the parks when you are ready and go on to do other things like visit the factory outlets or dine at a restaurant. Would definitely recommend this stay.

Room Tip: Spoil yourself with the Penthouse Suite
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I chose to stay here instead of the Gaylord hotel. The property is isolated. Away from everything. The rooms are huge. Condo, fully equipped and nicely decorated. Nice big balcony. Large shower and tub. New. Easy in and out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

From check-in to departure here I found the staff some of the most unhelpful I ever come across.We had to check -in twice as our room was not ready & when I returned to get the keys I had to go away again & repeat photo id.credit card swipe address etc as though everything was wiped.My husband had to return from our vehicle & do all again-deja-vu.On a 3 day trip every minute counts.I asked for help resolving a minor issue & was told come back to-morrow,ring HGVC head office or go to another dept which was closed for the day.Same treatment at Gifting dept -Not good enough & won't be returning.Resort lacks amenities such as golf,water soprts etc but good for families,Charge for cabanas at aresort-unthinkable .There are so many great hotels nearby this property will need to do some basic staff training.This is a shame as csuites themselves are well-appointed,clean,modern & spacious.Under different circumstances we would have returned but staff totally let the complex down.I received a customer satisfaction on-line questionaire & it will be interesting to see if they respond to my comments.i think not somehow.

Room Tip: Pool or lake room & I would have liked a lower floor but its not the sort of place that responds...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize that you found our staff, who is typically recognized for their friendly outgoing service, to be less than helpful during your brief stay with us. None the less, every situation is unique and we apologize for letting you down and hope you will give us another chance when your travels bring you back to the Orlando area.

Peter M. Merrill
Cortlandt Manor, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband, I and our 5 year-old daughter stayed from 9/15/12-9/18/12 and were sad to have to return home. Because it was a very short stay, we didn't really get to know the property that well. But, based on what we did see, it was great.

As we pulled into the property we were greeted by a young man asking for our name. As soon as we were confirmed, he handed us our parking pass and directed us to check in. As we pulled up to the main building, we were greeted by name and directed to the check-in desk.

We were in tower two in room 5011, a 1-bedroom suite that faced part of the indoor parking and the pool slide. The room was spotless, with all the amenities a family could need. From a microwave to a washing machine/dryer duo. It did not disappoint. I enjoyed being able to make use of some high-end toiletries. I've stayed at the Hilton Homewood Suites where they provide the Neutrogena line of products. But, here at the Parc Soleil, they've gone a step up and made the Peter Thomas Roth line available...nice touch. I'm sure the ladies would appreciate it. Just thought I'd mention it.

The pool was sizable and very accessible for small kids. We spent nine hours on our last full day and have to say that it was truly relaxing. My daughter really enjoyed being able to walk in and out of the pool without fear of it being too deep. After 1:00 pm two female hosts came out to introduce games such as, 'Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader' and Bingo. They also had soft rock music in the background.I realize it was mid-September, not generally an overly busy time, so it was pleasant with lot of room to breathe. We really enjoyed a relaxing day.

We ate at the outdoor grill and the food was good, although a bit pricey. Our lunch was approx. $52.00 for a burger/fries, chicken finger/fries, two pina coladas, and one soda. I'd say the chicken fingers meal was large enough for my daughter and myself. So portion-wise, you got what you paid for. When you eat at the grill whether indoor or out, the bill is charged to whatever card you submit upon check-in for incidentals. They also serve Starbucks coffee, if that's your brand. Service was a little slow. But, we weren't in a rush.

We spent one day at Magic Kingdom and one day at the pool, so aside from my daughter not being able to go to the playground and use the slides, I don't know what else we might have missed.

All I can say that I looked forward to going back to the hotel at night. The king bed was comfortable, as well as the sofa bed. I will definitely be staying here, again. I've already recommended it to several people. By the way, I wasn't aware that this was a timeshare until we got a call from a rep. asking us if we'd like to sit in on a demonstration. Although we agreed to and set up a time. We decided against it, because we wanted to head to the park early. Perhaps, next time, we will and take advantage of the park savings.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is one of the newest Hiltons in Orlando. An ongoing project which makes the entire place kinda lacking in charm.
On the bright side, the rooms, if you select the one bedroom appartment, are huge and very comfortable. With a full size kitchen, living room and a very nice bedroom & bathroom.
The studio in which we first booked are to be avoided , they are small , and the airconditioning hidden in the closet makes a huge amount of noise.

Staff was very friendly. Shuttle is not included which is quite a chame in a place like this ( it's available , but you need to pay for every ride)

Light sleepers be aware , Walls are very thin ...

Overall to be recommended ...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Jenny at Check in was so sweet and helpful. As soon as I checked into my room, I had a call from customer service checking to see if everything was ok in the room. The King Suite was beautiful - hard wood floors, great bed, tv and dvd player, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee maker....Peter Thomas Roth toiletries...very nice and comfortable.

Parking is free and right under the room towers. Wish I had had more time to make use of the pool and other amenities. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations Club? Share your experiences!