“Another fantastic HGVC resort!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X POINTS PACKAGE!
Ranked #31 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Tinley Park, IL
“Another fantastic HGVC resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

We decided last minute to book a trip to Orlando for 3 days. Being owners at the HGVC on International Drive I tried there first but they were sold out (understandably as this was VERY last minute) Were able to get a 1 bedroom at the new Parc Soleil and decided to try it out. They only had a penthouse available and we were thrilled. As always, we called the hotel to ask for specific directions. We know from experience that Hilton uses their own internal addresses, so in addition to this being new, we were aware of the location issues. The person I spoke to was great and told me EXACTLY what to put in the GPS. Our flight was 2 hours late and we arrived at the resort at 3:30am. From there on out, the experience was all Hilton--first class and spectacular. From the night man at the gate who greeted us; to Diana at the desk--we were tired and she was quick!

Building 2, top floor. We were blown away by the room. Our teenage son took the pull out and it was the BEST sleeper sofa we have ever seen. A tempurpedic type mattress on the sofa bed and it was comfortable. We were asleep in minutes.

ONLY complaint: walls ARE thin. Room next to us woke us earlier than we would have liked; we were thankful no one above us or to our other side (we had end unit). That should be corrected in the next buildings they build.

Our room overlooked the pool and the view was wonderful. Our last day we had breakfast on the lanai and enjoyed the view.

We ate breakfast and lunch at the Cafe and I'm not sure where the complaints are coming from. The food was good, hot, plenty to choose from (we thought)and everyone was very attentive to our needs. Its a poolside cafe. It served its purpose well.

The pool is zero depth, but has a deep enough area that my son and husband were able to play catch and goof around without interfering with smaller children (which is a plus when you're traveling with teens). Waterslide was terrific for this age group also, but saw plenty of young kids going down also.

We asked for a late check out upon arrival and even though this is spring break and they are booked, we were granted a 12:30 check out, which allowed us to enjoy the pool, shower and check out. We were also told that we could use lockers and shower in the fitness center if we cared to stay longer and use the facilities OR the bellman would also keep our luggage if we chose.

Everything at this resort is top notch. Yes it isn't finished, but being a brand new timeshare resort, people should know this--they always build these in phases. Ask questions when you book and you will get all the information you need.

Way to go Hilton--we can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Iowa City, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

This Hotel is a very nice but is in the middle of no where. When we first arrived to the hotel they messed up are rooms. I also called 3 times before we arrived to see if the hotel had handicap transportation and all three times they said yes. We arrived to the hotel and let them know that we were going to need handicap transportation to Universal and they said that was not a problem. Time comes to go to Universal and guess what the "taxi" was NOT handicap accessible. Room was also only cleaned 3 out of the 5 day we stayed there and every day we were out of are room no later then 10

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Galloway, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

My family and I stayed here for a long weekend in November. First off is a big negitive. WE COULDN'T FIND THE HOTEL!!!!!! We brought our GPS from home (which was fairly new at the time) since we were renting a car and didn't want to pay for one from the rental company. I plugged in the address and it could not be found. I was getting fustrated thinking I was doing something wrong. I then just looked up Hilton Garden Vacation Clubs and it came up with the one on Internations Blvd. so I just went with that one and told my husband we can ask them for directions for our hotel. When we got there the man at the gate told us this was a common problem with people who are using GPS's because it is a newer property. I do put blame on myself for not bringing mapped out directions with us. The hotel is not on a major road so that also can make it a little more difficult to find.

Once we got there we were early so we went to see if it was possible to check in early. Our room was not ready yet but they guy at the check-in was very kind in telling us that they will get it ready as soon as possible and give us a call when it was ready. It was no big deal for us. Besides we still needed to eat a late lunch and needed to go to the store for a few things. While at lunch they called us to let us know the room was ready for us. Very impressed that they followed through with that promise.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite that was very beautiful and clean. We had no problems with the room at all. The balcony was nice and overlooked Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We were able to see fireworks at night. The unfortunate part of our view though was the undeveloped area. There is plenty of it. There were only 2 buildings that were built at the time when we went and still plenty of more buildings yet to be built. It's kind of an eyesore but we did spend little time on the balcony so it wasn't a huge deal for us.

The property iteself (of what is built) is very pretty. The pool was really pretty. We didn't take advantage of it since it was unseasonably cool when we went. All the employees we encountered were very nice, especially to our two year old twins. I only gave this a rating of 3 because it is unfinished and just not the same as staying in a Hilton Vacation Club that is finished and looks beautiful. It made me wish we had stayed at the one on International Dr. The location of the property is good. Sea World is less than a 5 minute drive. We got to Magic Kingdom in about 20 minutes. Downtown Disney is between 5 - 10 minute drive depending on traffic.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed here in March between the 16th and 20th on a promotion from Hilton to check out their Timeshare program. We stayed in a studio suite overlooking the pool in their newest building 200.

The good of the hotel: It is brand new, very clean and the desk staff is very nice and generally helpful. There is a fitness center on property along with various areas to grill around the pool deck. Also there is a onsite mini mart that sells coffee and sandwiches as well as one restaurant open from 7am to 11pm at the pool side. The mart was actually reasonably priced which was a surprise for once. Oh also the distance to Disney World is great, hop skip and a jump down the road and your there.

The bad: Noisy, lower service then I am used to when staying with Hilton, some amenities seem to be an afterthought.

- Noise: We could hear toilets flushing all night along with the TV though our neighbors walls. Now compared to other Hilton resorts we have stayed at or even the Hampton inns we have rarely had a noise issue like this. This reminded me of a college dorm, not good.

- Room: Its been said before from other reviewers the room is ok but very bare bones. The studio has a small micro fridge and a microwave which is nice for a few day stay but if you tried to use it as intended for a longer stay it would wear on you fast. Bathroom layouts are not what I expect from Hitlon, the shower makes you feel like your in a glass box, oh wait you are, too awkward for us.

- Service: Do note this a vacation club so I do understand that certain levels of service and treatment apply to owners over those just staying a few nights, however that being said there are few issues we had. For starters we requested a late checkout to be extended till 12 instead of 10 am, I was told they couldn't do that as they were booked solid, that was ok but I found out after the fact that a $25 fee would have been charged for late checkout. $25 really......a tad absurd as I've never been charged this at any other Hilton, our honors level even includes as a perk.

- On the topic of service there are no free shuttles to any of the parks from this hotel. For a shuttle to Epcot it would be a $6 charge and I'm not sure if this is per trip, I do know you have to pay it everyday you need the shuttle. A free shuttle to Downtown Disney would go a long way to help guest out.

- The pool area all together seems like an afterthought, when I'm sorry folks this is a Florida resort the pool should be the showcase and center piece. Instead the pool is nothing more then a few fountains and 1 water slide and a few hot tubs. No pool side food or drink service at all here.The worst goes to the pools towels they were small and cheap feeling and seemed a complete after thought, oh they ask you not to remove them from pool area, ha its march its cold at night, we returned the towels after we changed.

- The parking garage is nice and is planned to be built into every building as they go up. But I can see that not everyone is going to fit in the garage and especially won't all fit with the way its laid out, my tiny car has issues fitting in those tiny spots especially when half the spot is taken up by cement pillars.

As I've said the Hotel is clean and nice, but I've seen better for the money. I cannot see staying here again for the money I'd rather use Hilton Orlando or Bonnet Creek resorts near by. The time share sales pitch is stressful but that is expected and I will say that the Hotel did not harass us at all during the stay about buying the time share which was very appreciated.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Painstakingly researched upscale hotels in the area, and this one kept coming up as very well regarded. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT IT TURNED OUT TO BE!
First of all, you can ignore the photos, as your room will look nothing like this. We travel frequently for business and pleasure, and I can honestly say that I have stayed in Hampton Inns (same family) that have had far superior accommodations.
The studio is bare bones - do not be fooled. The restroom is embarrassing -- toilet awkwardly behind the door, and a teeny shower. Forget that nice bathtub with the ceiling faucet they show you -- not available in the Studio.
Furthermore, you get half (or maybe even less) a window, and zero balcony. AND they make you pay additional for a higher floor or pool view. We paid for a higher floor (suckers), and were rewarded with a view of an unfinished construction area -- an obvious casualty of the economy, yet nonetheless not worth the extra money.
Housekeeping did do a nice job, if they made it to your room while you were away. We stayed 3 nights (not counting the 1st), and had full housekeeping only 1. We even called to request housekeeping after they did not arrive timely the prior day (and provided a 5 hour window), yet returned late afternoon to find that they had yet to service the room. We were in for the night, and requested fresh towels, which they did expeditiously provide.
To be fair, the pool area is nice and large and has multiple areas for lounging. And the sundry store was very nicely stocked with everything from upscale cold cuts and cheeses to beer, wine, salads, suntan lotion, clothing... and fairly priced, as well.
Nonetheless, our room experience was less than stellar for a hotel this highly rated. Overall it was 3-star at most, but our room was definitely no more than 2.5-stars. Move on in your search.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Curitiba, PR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

The hotel is excellent, the service excellent, rooms excellent... I would recommend except that I had 2 iphones stolen (with recharger) from my room. I'm from Brazil and I was very disappointed with this fact, at least not from a first world country. The hotel said it would take care of the case, they called their insurance company bla bla bla. But the fact is that they made time while I was there and as soon as I left USA, forget it... I understand the arguments but I use the safe for documents, jewelry not for something trivial as a cell phone. I have the right not to agree with their point of view. Besides this is what tourists do best: shopping. I thought a lot about whether to post or not but the thing is that probably the thief is still working there and my advice is to be very careful and 4 months passed and I still can't forget this story. Guys have a good trip to Orlando.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

overall, the hotel isn't bad. i'd say 3 stars at most, but the service warrants the 1 star.

housekeeping threw away an expensive facial soap, which i filed a report on. management did not refund the soap in question (although I provided the box the soap in which it came), nor did they offer anything complimentary because of it. Instead, they just asked me to fill out an investigation report and that was the end of it. That is TERRIBLE customer service and I hope that anybody that chooses to go here LOCKS UP ALL THEIR BELONGINGS

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations Club? Share your experiences!