“GOOD DAY THOUGH A LITTLE STRANGE” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 85 Attractions in Orlando
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Disney, Amusement Parks
Activities: Shopping, Dining
More attraction details
Owner description: One of 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot theme park sprawls across 300 acres—twice the size of Magic Kingdom park—and is divided into Future World and World Showcase. Here, creativity is encouraged, imagination is celebrated and countries are united. Be amazed, inspired, enlightened and entertained!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
edinburgh
12 attraction reviews
“GOOD DAY THOUGH A LITTLE STRANGE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Having visited orlando for 2 weeks from Feb 1 to 14 th,visited epcot on the 7 th a sunday.Having been in all disney parks including paris,Epcot Future world although well laid out and well detailed it just dosent have the magic or feel of disney.Most rides are inside which would be ideal for a rainy day but being cooped up inside on a rainy day isnt good.Test track and soarin are very good.AS is space ship earth.The segways are also a good laugh.World show case is phenomenal you actually feel like you are in each country,with authentic smells,gifts and even the people are from the actual countries.Mexico although it is inside is great.A great relaxing day strolling around the world.We ate in china in nine dragons,not good atall food awful and very over priced one course average at $27 per person. We had a good day but not on disneys usual scale .

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Brunswick
9 attraction reviews
“Serious Updates Required”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

I wasn't expecting Epcot to be as good as the Magic Kingdom, but since it's a Disney park there was an expectation of decent quality. Even with this lower standard I was disappointed. The rides at the entrance to the park are okay, but the world showcase was a major letdown. The rides at the pavillions seemed out of date - like really old theme park rides that you try to enjoy and make the most of because you've spent money to be there.

I had wanted to stay for the fireworks, but the prospect of staying at the park for that long, or leaving and coming back later, wasn't enough to entice us. We left at 2:30 in the afternoon after getting there at 10am.

If we could do it over we would have used our ticket to go to one of the other parks for a second day, rather than coming here.

My husband tried to warn me. He came to Disney when he was a child and remembered not liking Epcot. Having seen that huge silver sphere on tv for so many years, I really wanted to see it in real life, and it's Disney, right? Should be good. Hah - we wasted our ticket. It's like Disney has forgotten about it and it's being allowed to just coast.

PA
20 attraction reviews
“Not a usual day at the park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

I would not choose Epcot if I wanted a fun day of riding rides, but if your looking for a mixture of things to do, Epcot has it. My family of 4, kids 10 & 13, started the day at 8:30AM and went on a day of extra magic evening hours till midnight ( I think we made it till 11:00pm). Did test track first (a little dissapointed as it was not real exciting) so we only did this 2 times, then we hit space (really surprised as the kids enjoyed each having a role & having task, also we did green the first time and it was to mild for us, so we did orange two more times), went over and did Soaring 3 times, Finding Nemo, turtle talk, & Honey I Shrunk The Audience ( I was anoyed of having to stand threw a 8 minute marketing ploy by Kodak) then we did spaceship earth in the ball (this one was a shocker for me because my kids are into extreme rides, not mild, but they both wanted to do it again, sometimes the simple things in life is the most exciting) so we made this our last ride for the evening as well. The rest of the day was spend on the countrys and made finally got a spot for Illuminations and enjoyed this very much. After this we went to Mexico & Norway for the boat rides, hit test track & space and like I mentioned earlier, my kids wanted to do the Spaceship earth one last time. So our experiance is Epcot is not a day full of rides, but if you plan correctly using fast passes, you can ride a lot, experiance the countries, & just have a good day. Yes, we did sleep very well that night, but well worth it.

Morton, Illinois
102 attraction reviews
“Beautiful world showcase, nice leisurely stroll”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

I really enjoyed the world showcase. While I realize that these weren't realistic everyday looks at the nations represented, they did serve to populate the location with the cultural experiences of each. Its been some time since I visited the rides at Epcot, but these seemed to change very little. Epcot is more a experience for the adults, but still a kid friendly place.

Seattle
“Epcot in half a day - do it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

I had five hours to kill before returning to the airport after a week of meetings in Orlando and wanted to see . . . something. As advised in my travel book, I arrived at Epcot at 8:00 am for the 9:00 am opening. The gates opened about 8:35. I stashed my luggage with Guest Services (the lockers were too small), then headed for the Spaceship Earth ride inside the big golf ball. By 10:00 am, I had done that plus the Living Seas. By 11:00, I had done the Land (the fabulous boat ride was closed) and Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (don't miss this!). By 11:30, I was ready to begin the tour of the world by looping around the big lake to all the countries. I visited every country, more or less. I lingered in France for the pasteries and travelogue film, in Italy for the shopping (non-junky gifts for the kids), in America for the show in the huge theater, in Germany for beer and brats, and in Mexico because the pyramid was cool. By 2:30 pm, I was done and ready to retrieve luggage and catch a waiting cab to the airport. If you think you don't have time to see anything in the sprawl of Disneyworld, think again.