“awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Disney
Activities: Shopping, Dining
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: One of 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot theme park sprawls across 300 acres—twice the size of Magic Kingdom park—and is divided into Future World and World Showcase. Here, creativity is encouraged, imagination is celebrated and countries are united. Be amazed, inspired, enlightened and entertained!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Yorktown, VA
31 attraction reviews
“awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

Get a fastpass for Soarin, then when you return to ride GET ANOTHER ONE!!!! You definitely need to ride Soarin twice. Ride Spaceship Earth and you can email yourself a free surprise. Test Track is also a must-- have your photopass ready when you get off.

• Turkish first
Mifflintown, PA
9 attraction reviews
“Segway Tour & Food and Wine Festival”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

The 2-hour Segway tour around Epcot Center was one of the top vacation experiences my wife and I have ever had! The first hour of the tour is spent inside learning and practicing how to operate the Segways. The second hour is spent touring the World Showcase before it is open to the public. This experience is top notch and the tour guides/ instructors add that extra level of Disney magic to the tour. My parents purchased this tour for my wife and I as our Christmas present and I can honestly say it was one of the best presents ever!
The primary reason for our visit to Epcot Center was to attend the Food and Wine Festival this past fall-2008. The Festival is a great way to experience food and drink from a wide range of countries all in one location and in appetizer sized portions. The appetizer sized portions enabled us to sample new foods without having to purchase a full meal. My wife and I spent 3 days eating and drinking our way around the world! A few of our favorites were the samples from Argentina, Germany, and India. I would recommend purchasing a Disney Gift Card to use while sampling food from the different countries. The gift card allows you to swipe the card to pay for items without needing to pull out cash or credit cards for each country. The gift cards are refillable and very convenient.
Le Cellier restaurant at the Canadian pavilion is wonderful. The cheese soup was superb with layers of flavor! Another highlight of this restaurant was the pretzel bread! The steaks we had were full of flavor and very tender! I would highly recommend Le Cellier to anyone visiting Epcot Center.
Once again we had a very magical time at Walt Disney World!

cincinnati
3 attraction reviews
“Good Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

We went to Epcot the week between Christmas and new Years. It was very busy. We also went the day after Universal Studios. So it was quite a change. We realy enjoyed everything. The only complaint I have is Disney's fast pass. They really need to change it. As soon as we got to the park we got a pass for Soarin, which was a very neat ride. It told us to come back between 1-2. You can only have one fast pass at a time. So after we road the ride we went to test track, but they were already sold out of fast passes for the day, and the line was 90 minutes. They should really do what Universal Studios does. Buy them! Anyways my advice would be go get a fast pass at one of the major attractions right away and then go to the other major attraction and ride it early.

We really enjoyed Soarin, Nemo (because of the aquarium inside), inoventions, and the countries.

Houston, TX
18 attraction reviews
“EPCOT Dive Quest - Scuba Dive at the Living Seas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2009

I just did this 2 days ago so it is fresh in my mind. First, you meet outside the park by the guest relations window just to the right of the main entrance 'gates'. The guide gets your boot size, and t-shirt size from you and guestimates your suit size. I was glad he didn't ask my suit size in front of the whole group! There were 11 of us in our group. Next, we went behind the Living Seas pavillion and entered from the back lot. We saw a few cool rooms where they take care of the marine life. Then, upstairs to see a neat 5 minute video and then sign the legal doc was just a one-sheet blurb about not suing them if you get hurt and agreeing to let them use your picture in the future. They also gave us the standard "don't touch anything" speech and then, finally we were off to the men's and women's locker rooms to change. Our lockers had our names on the outside and a wet suit, booties, and a towel inside. Then we all marched single file into the main Living Seas exhibit. I felt so important because everyone was watching us and we drew quite a crowd. The paraded us in front of the crowd and yelled, "Fresh Fish Food Coming Through" which was hilarious! We then entered a small stairwell and climbed to the top of the tank where there were dive masters and all of our equipment waiting for us: fins, masks ( I used my own), bc, regulator and pressure guage. There was the same amount of weights in each BC so nobody got to have custom weights. We all had about 16 lbs. We were told just to use our inflator to gain neutral bouyancy. We buddied up and descended the descent line. At the bottom, we got in line and had our pics taken in a diving bell just big enough for our head and shoulders. We took our mask and regulator off and smiled for the camera! After that, we were given free reign to harass people eating and of course our friends and family who were assembled in the viewing area of the main Living Seas exhibit. It was a blast!! The fish were all over and I very much enjoyed the resident sea turtle and the 2 or 3 sharks. None of them paid us much attention. They just went about their business! Then, time was up and we ascended and were off to take a hot shower then a debriefing where they show us the video and tell us how to purchase it. Overall, I liked the experience. I would not do it again, however. The price was $175 when I went on January 13, 2009. The video was $35 if you wanted it. I opted not to buy it. I have sooo many underwater pics and videos already. Also, another note: I forgot my c-card and all I needed was the card number and they looked it up and confirmed my certification. I called PADI and they charged me $10 for a certification letter that was good for 60 days from that date. So, if you forget your c-card and you are Naui or PADI, you are in luck. It's not as easy for the other certifying agencies....I guess they don't verify via internet or phone....If you can't decide whether to dive or not, please choose to dive. You won't regret it!

CA
3 attraction reviews
“Betetr than other disney parks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

EPCOT is better than other Disney parks in my opinion. Other parks are okay too, magic kingdom is mostly for kids. EPCOT seems the newest park from other Disney parks. All parks have different experiences of their own though. The fireworks is great but 'Fantasmic' show is better than EPCOT's Reflections of Earth. Soaring is by far my favorite ride.