“Food and Wine at EPCOT....I report - you decide?” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 85 Attractions in Orlando
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Disney, Amusement Parks
Activities: Shopping, Dining
More attraction details
Owner description: One of 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot theme park sprawls across 300 acres—twice the size of Magic Kingdom park—and is divided into Future World and World Showcase. Here, creativity is encouraged, imagination is celebrated and countries are united. Be amazed, inspired, enlightened and entertained!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Orlando, Florida
35 attraction reviews
“Food and Wine at EPCOT....I report - you decide?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The food and Wine event at EPCOT is the annual party where folks tour the Disney "LANDS" and eat & drink until they can't eat & drink anymore. Definitely see a lot of unusual sights when you visit (amazing what some folks will do after a few rounds...). The food offerings are very small, as are the drinks unless you super size. Take a lap around the whole world showcase before you spend all of your cash in one place. Your credit card will thank you!

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami
14 attraction reviews
“EPCOT Food & Wine Festival”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Its back the Food & Wine festival at EPCOT. This is such a great idea - you go around the countries & try foods & drinks from around the world for around $3-$12 each. A little prices but so good & so much fun. If you haven't been to the food & wine - this is one to try & you will come back time & time again.

YIP - This is a good ADULT Disney event - keep you small kids at home & bring them another time.

Orlando, Florida
12 attraction reviews
“Worst experience ever from a 'hospitality' employee”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

In June 2012 I purchased an annual pass to the the Disney properties.It expired on June 10, 2013. I renewed it online in the month of June of 2013 and received a green plastic card in the mail (I was told by the ticket agent that Disney used to charge for mailing them). The renewal cost me in the neighborhood of $400. I went to EPCOT today and experienced the WORST case of hospitality I have ever experienced. I went up to a ticket window with both my expired card and the green card. I needed to provide my phone number and email address, both were provided when I renewed in June as well as when I purchased originally in 2012. I needed to announce these so the employee could here. There goes my privacy! I finally get my new pass and head over to the entrance. My new card doesn't work. The ticket guy says something that I don't understand, and says it again. This isn't sounding very well and he will not let me in. He calls a person over who is wearing a red tartan plaid uniform. Her name is Ashley. I explained that my pass expired in June and I renewed it then but just picked it up today. She scanned my card on her tablet and told me that the card I currently had would not be valid until TOMORROW. Now Disney has had my money since June (read that as 4 months) and I can't get into EPCOT to visit the Food and Wine festival. Ashley tells me that I need my old pass card to get into the park and I tell her that the women at the ticket window kept it and it expired back in June. We need the old card to let you in was Ashley's response. I asked Ashley to go with me to the ticket to the ticket agent so I could jump ahead of the line, she could not. I went back to the ticket agent and told her that Ashley needed to see the old card, her response was "But its expired." I take the expired card and the new card back and call Ashley over. I press my finger on the reader and scan my EXPIRED card that I had to have, and Ashley tells me that my pass card is expired! I finally got into the park by Ashley should be sweeping the grounds and not be in a position of what appears to be authority. Hell, is there a position in the parking area, where she would not have any guest interaction? I am in the hospitality industry and learned long ago that a happy guest MIGHT tell a friend but an unhappy guest will tell everyone. Guess what!

New Port Richey, Florida
15 attraction reviews
“Food and wine festival....crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have been to the food and wine festival the past 3 yrs, and this yr went bk to find wall to wall people! The lines were just too much for me, but I was able to sneak in a few goodies, and am going bk this wk to try again. The food is really good, and it gives you a chance to sample some of the yummiest food from around the world. Items are 3-8 dollars each, some are better than others.The kahlua pork slider from Hawaii is to die for! The German brat on pretzel roll is yummy..thecheese soup from Canada I could eat by the bucket!! Not big on wine or beer, but the mixed drinks are really good. I like this yr how they added some new items, and new foods.The experience is great, I only made this review a very good because of the crowds, the food is exellent,and the eat to the beat concerts are fun.The chase lounge for chase cardholders was an awesome break from the heat.

Reidsville, North Carolina
“Epcot Rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Epcot is our favorite Disney theme park. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all of them and the Magic Kingdom is right on the tails of it. However, I feel Epcot is a world of it's own.

Here you can experience amazing attractions, see an aquarium with dolphins and manatees, discover things about our land and earth, and eat and drink yourself around the world.

Yes, some things may be a little outdated, but the attractions are still like no other. Soarin is absolutely my favorite ride. It is one that shouldn't be missed.

Another cool attraction is the Universe of Energy. Yes it's a little outdated, and may be boring to some of the teenage crowd, but it really is an amazing attraction that everyone should give a try.

We love attending the Food & Wine Festival. It's so much fun to try all kinds of foods and drink from countries around the world. It is incredible.

Epcot has so much to offer. There is something for all ages to enjoy. I always look forward to going back.

Visited September 2013