“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8100 Palm Parkway, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #199 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Tampa, Florida
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The chain of hotels in the area is mindboggling, but the staff at the Extended Stay was excellent! They kept the hotel as up to date as possible, but it was clean and the staff was extremely friendly. I was told at the time of check in that my discount (20%) for early reservation would be applied at time of checkout. Latonya at the front desk was polite, friendly, and just overall terrific. She gave directions to nearby grocery stores and restaurants which was extremely helpful. The continental breakfast was adequate and plentiful. My daughters used the heated pool and had a blast in the chilly outside weather ( stayed in the 50s).
My wife was sick with the flu and we had to leave before checkout the next morning but our discount was not applied to our bill. I called a couple of days later and spoke to Theresa, who immediately took care of it and was extremely friendly.
Overall. the room was nice and large, had adequate amenities, and had easy access. The Wi-Fi would fade in and out which would cause disruption to the kids games ( oh the humanities! lol) but the value and the size of the rooms made up for any issues.
I will definitely stay there again and recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Wi-Fi fades in/out. Keep that in mind if needing it for work related internet.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Spartanburg, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is very nice looking from the outside. Parking is plentiful and free. Parking on the side of the building is very dark, but we didn't feel unsafe. Free WiFi and "breakfast."

Upon check-in I had to wait a VERY long time for someone to help me. They seem to have an area behind the counter that they spend time in where they can't see the counter. Check in was quick and the girl behind the counter was very friendly. During other visits past the counter no one was ever present.

I was put off by the fact that there were a couple of people at the counter checking for package delivery and mail. I understand that this IS an extended stay type of place, but it felt more like an apartment complex than a hotel.

Room was clean and large with a full kitchen. The floor in the kitchen was a little sticky, but we didn't end up using it anyway. The bathroom sink was missing the stopper and the stopper in the bathtub was broken, but we didn't feel the need to mention it as we didn't spend much time in the room.

Bed was very comfy and clean. Because of the extended stay type of lodging they only come into the room to do a light cleaning a couple times a week. There were only two of us so we had plenty of towels and we just reused.

Here was the only thing that will make me not use this hotel chain again... the fact that people are actually living there long term. The final night of our stay we walked down the hall to find an older gentleman sitting on the floor outside of our room. It was very creepy. We almost left to get the manager. That was the deal breaker for me.

Breakfast... not sure what to say about it. We usually ate out, but went by there the last morning after check out. It was completely barren. Nothing but juice and cereal. I assume that we missed out on a perfectly normal continental breakfast. Standard fare. Don't go looking for a meal.

If you're passing through for the night though, it is totally worth the money for your stay. We only paid $50 a night through Hotwire for 6 nights. You are close to Downtown Disney and the parks. There are plenty of hotels in the area and around this hotel. Also plenty of resturants but nothing within walking distance for those of you without a car.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are disappointed to hear about the maintenance issues you experienced and that a guest made you feel uncomfortable; however, we are glad that you found us to be a good value. We will have our maintenance engineer address the issues in your room. We will also work with our staff to ensure we are always available to our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.
Pinellas Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The room was very clean and seems updated. There aren't any extra amenities - no coffee pot, one shampoo.. Breakfast was minimal - toast, instant oatmeal, yogurt, coffee and juice. It is very close to all of the Disney parks and tons of restaurants.

• Stayed November 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that we didn't not communicate our customizable kitchenware procedure to you. Our dishes and coffee makers are available upon request. And we always have extra shampoo available at the front desk. Still, we are happy to know that we were able to accommodate you with a clean and spacious room.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel's location to disney is excellent which was the main reason for staying here. My wife and I were heading to Downtown Disney's House of Blues and we had our dog with us. It was a short 7-8 minute ride to downtown Disney which was exactly what we were looking for. Having a pet with us is always a challenge when staying at hotels, but there policy was reasonable being $25 a day. The room was great, clean, and appeared to be well kept. Bathroom was smaller, bed was very comfortable, and while we didn't need it the kitchen was great to have. We only stayed 1 night, but if staying longer having that kitchen can really save you money. The hotel provides great value for staying so close to Disney. The work out room has one treadmill, elliptical, and bike that was also a nice plus. The negatives I experienced was when I booked I put in the notes section we would have a dog and asked to be put on the first floor. Checked in around 4 and they told me we were on floor 3 which is the top floor of the hotel. To me it appeared as though they never even looked at the notes, but it was written on the receipt they gave me during check in. I did ask if we could be moved to the first floor and the lady at the front desk checked and said the first floor room was not cleaned yet. A little annoying but not that big of a deal. The other incident happened during check out, they were helping another customer get some kind of paper work and all I needed was to hand in my key and remind them to take off money from a promotion I had. I waited over 10 minutes and they still have not gotten to me. So I dropped the key on the desk as we had to go and called them later to confirm. When talking with them they were helpful, the 2 incidents, which are minor would be my only complaints.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. The staff and I are proud to have provided you with a comfortable, pet-friendly room at a convenient location close to attractions; however, please accept our apologies that we were not able to get you a room on the first floor. In response to your review, I will be working with my staff to review our reservation procedures and processing our discounts to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. Please feel free to contact me directly, at obv@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked this hotel through Priceline and I feel like I got an amazing deal for the quality of this hotel. I'm am writing this review as I sit in my room right now. I can't believe this is only a 2.5 star hotel. It should be higher. The room was spacious and very clean. Love the kitchen and the beds were comfortable. Some people complained about the breakfast but it is a continental breakfast and it's free. It gets the job done. Let them cook eggs and bacon in their room if they want a gourmet breakfast. My family comes to Orlando quite often being Disney annual passholders and we would absolutely stay here again and recommend this place to family and friends. I'm sad we have to check out in 2 days!

Stayed November 2014
It is so rewarding to read that you had a delightful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of the rooms as well as our breakfast. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We would love to welcome you back for another comfortable stay in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Stayed at this hotel while on a Disney vacation with 3 children.The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable for our 5 day stay. Check-in was efficient and staff was friendly, professional, and readily available for any questions or concerns. This location offers many amenities (pool, hot tub, fitness center, outdoor grill, printing station, laundry, and vending). Its location was very close to Disney parks, shopping and restaurants (less than 10 minutes). The cost for 5 nights was very inexpensive and one would probably think the hotel was a cheap, rundown hotel; but it was totally the opposite. Very nice hotel and would definitely stay here again on my next visit to this area.

• Stayed October 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
It is so rewarding to read that you had a outstanding stay with us. We want to thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your spacious, clean, and comfortable room. I am also pleased to read that our staff was efficient, friendly, and attentive to any questions or concerns. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

We stayed here after deciding to drive straight through to Orlando . When we pulled up we realized we stayed here 11 years ago when it was another name . Check in was very easy and staff was helpful . Got into the room and it looked the same biggest problem the air is on the window with the sofa bed and the tv had to be shared with the beds and the sofa bed its in a weird place and you really do not need the other closet put the tv there and a mirror on the wall , also the vanity feels like it was put in by a very short person . It was fine for the price and breakfast was nothing we would have eaten it was very basic and very institutional looking.

Stayed October 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you received helpful service from my staff. However, I do apologize that the set-up of your room did not meet your needs. Your feedback on our furniture placement will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!