“Won on a bidding site and couldn't be happier!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8100 Palm Parkway, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #199 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Fort Myers, Florida
“Won on a bidding site and couldn't be happier!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was a bit nervous about staying at an "Extended Stay" style of motel. I typically only bid on 4 star or higher, but this was a budget trip so I took a risk. I am so glad I did! This hotel totally exceed my expectations. I traveled alone with a young child and felt very safe and comfortable. Full size fridge with ice-maker, dishwasher and cook top were a great addition to the room. The beds were comfortable as well. We used the free, scheduled shuttle service to the Disney theme parks one day and it was on time and extremely comfortable. Other days we drove to the Disney theme parks and made the quick trip without even needing a map. No parking or "resort" fees, free wifi, free breakfast and free shuttle were what attracted us to this property. The staff was always friendly when we walked in or left for the day. During breakfast, a staff member regularly restocked and straightened the area. We could not ask for a better value for our dollar. I plan on returning with the rest of my family soon!

Room Tip: 3rd floor was great! (But I don't know about any others!)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We booked this hotel, essentially not knowing we would be staying here as the reservation was made thru Hotwire for a 2.5 star at a fantastic price. As it turns out this property was a nice surprise - we knew the general area we would be in as we selected the Disney/Lake Buena Vista area - the room/accomodations were very clean and asthetically pleasing. The rooms here provide multiple bed arangements, spacious bathroom/vanity area, 2 closets with hangers, a pullout sofa and living room with chairs/coffee table, flatscreen TV, a full kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave, sink, and all dishware, silverware, & glasses. Staff was exceptionally polite and available if ever needed, though there were not on this stay. Complimentary breakfast is served daily. Overall, very good experience and we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We booked a Hotwire 2.5 star in the LBV/Downtown Disney area and we given this property - for less t...
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were traveling with our family pet and needed a hotel that could accommodate our small dog. The exterior of the hotel looks like it was recently updated, but he room itself was a bit dated and could use some updating and or repairs. The free Wi-Fi was a nice bonus but the grab and go breakfast is nothing to get excited about. The room size was decent, but unfortunately the AC unit in our room did not work great. We all awoke during the night as the room had gotten quite warm. Fortunately, it was cool out and we were able to open the windows to cool the room to a comfortable sleeping temperature. If we had visited in the spring or summer, I would have been on the phone with the front desk immediately.
Our room was a decent size and the free Wi-Fi was a nice touch.

I do not really have anything else extremely positive or negative to say. The hotel served our purposes adequately.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside or side room if you are a light sleeper as there is road noise for rooms on the fr...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
James - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that our free Wi-Fi met your travel needs. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast and your room’s interior did not meet your expectations. As well, I apologize for the issues you had with your air conditioner. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I booked this room through Hotwire (I was fairly certain this was the hotel I would be receiving by using bidding help sites on the web) and got a great deal for a quick Orlando weekend. If price is your ONLY concern this hotel fit the bill. The location was also decent for visiting Disney and the LBV outlets which were our destinations.

Check-in took a bit as there was only one woman behind the desk at around 7pm on a Friday night. When we received our keys and were checked-in the clerk confirmed that our booking was pre-paid through Hotwire (important later).

We were given the very first room to the right of the "lobby" on the first floor. The room was directly across from the breakfast room and this was very noisy in the morning. Upon entering the room we were less than impressed. It definitely needed a refurb. The kitchenette was missing cabinet doors, the fridge handle was broken, there was something that looked like it was completely ripped out from under the TV (a DVD player maybe?), the dresser the TV was on was missing handles to pull open the drawers, the mirrored closet door was broken, the security lock on the room door was broken, the sofa had something sticky on it, and the non-mirrored closet doors seemed to be off track and were very difficult to open or close.

The bathroom was handicap accessible and the tub featured grab bars all around and a removable seat. The toilet tissue holder was falling off the wall and the shower head was disgusting (we cleaned it ourselves with a mini bleach spray).

The room was a decent size and offered a king bed, 2 closets, end tables, sofa (assumed it pulled out, but did not try), coffee table, dresser with flat panel TV above on a swivel stand to face both bed area and living area, table and chairs, kitchenette including fridge, microwave, burner, and sink with disposal.

I did go to the front desk to formally check-out as nothing was said about express check-out, etc. Once it was my turn the clerk again acknowledged that was stay was prepaid and as I have charged nothing to my room I was free to go.

The most disturbing issue however was noted on our drive home. I happened to check my bank account online and noticed that a charge of $150ish was pending from the hotel. I immediately called the hotel only to be told that the front desk clerk was checking in someone else, could they get my name and number and call me back. I agreed and was called back about 10 minutes later. The desk clerk confirmed there was some error and I was charged, however she was incapable of doing anything about it. She informed me that she would write a note for her manager who would not be in until the following morning (which would be a Monday), and told me I should call back then. I called back and was told they had corrected the error. I watched my bank account online and on Friday (5 days later) my account was credited the amount withdrawn in error.

I understand that accidents occur, but I was very put off by this error on top of our already distasteful stay at the hotel. I would not recommend nor return to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
We appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept my sincere apologies for the condition of your room upon check-in. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that this is not the norm and our staff is working to deep clean as well as repair items in your room. Also, I am very sorry for the billing error that occurred. This was a mistake on our part and should have been handled in a more timely fashion. To ensure it does not happen again, I am reviewing our billing and refund procedures with the staff.

Your comments in regards to our location are much appreciated. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at obv2 @extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

When we arrived to check in, two other families arrived at the same time. Sheila was calm and courteous, as she worked quickly to get everyone checked in. Our room was clean and overlooked the pool. Since we keep kosher, it was nice to have a kitchen to cook food. The hotel was close to SeaWorld, so we didn't have to travel far. The grab and go breakfast had many kosher options to choose from.

Room Tip: If you are allergic to feathers, ask for different pillows.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
We are very pleased that our hotel was convenient for your stay and that our breakfast selections met your needs. Thank you for your compliments regarding Shela at check-in. We certainly hope we will see you again when you are in Orlando. Thank you for your review!
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

First time stay but not the last. I have been travelling for many years mostly for business and I can say only this, it deserved the 5 stars I am giving this Hotel. Friendly, clean, great and spacious rooms. I Strongly recommend this hotel, I know where to stay in Orlando from now on.

Gaetan/Laval

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I’m so pleased that your clean, spacious room met your needs. As well, I’m glad that you found our staff to be friendly during your stay. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am glad that we were able to meet that goal. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The air-conditioner did not work in the first room that we are assigned. I was woken up in the night from snoring from the person in the room next to us. In the morning we were greeted with the sounds of a gymnastics show in the room above us. Checking out and moving to a new hotel this morning!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!