You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8100 Palm Parkway, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #188 of 328 Hotels in Orlando
Horn Iceland
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I´ve been looking at some of the reviews here and after reading some of the negatives ones I thought I had maybe stayed at some other hotel. We stayed at Extended Stay for 26 nights in Oct - Nov. They are finishing renovating the hotel and some parts are not completely done. First I´ll get the negative stuff out of the way so as not to finish off on a sour note.As I said we stayed there for 26 night and as such it would have been nice to have a little more drawer space for our clothes. The AC was a bit loud and they did have a look at it but probably needs replacing (Actually we had stopped using it at night so it´s no biggie). The hot tube wasn't hot to begin with but was fixed quickly. The breakfast was nothing to shout Hooray for, the same menu every other day but was ample and we loved the very hot coffee 24/7. As this hotel is I think a 2 1/2 star hotel I didn't a 4-5 star accomadation and we got more than our money's worth. The desk staff was always polite and helpfull. The lady who cleaned our room was fantasic and it was like living at home with Mom and I can truthfully say we meet only polite and helpfull staff while staying there eventhough I thought some people enjoyed their jobs more than others or maybe they were only having a bad day.... We all do. The pool Garden was great sun from 10 - 4. We never got around to using the outside grills but they were there for our use. This hotel fulfilled everything we want on a holiday in Orlando and I would highly recommend it a friend. And who knows if the price is right I´ll be back next year.
We want to send our thanks to all the staff for a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Joann - We appreciate you letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us, spending time at our pool. Thank you for bringing the issue with the hot tub to us so that we were able to fix the problem quickly. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a clean room and great hot coffee. We appreciate you letting us know that the a/c unit wasn't working properly. We are sorry the this issue as well, but are happy to read that we provided you with our excellent staff members.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Having read some reviews on here I was wary,but nothing to worry about.Check in done in 3 minutes and you told they only change towels daily,and do a full clean if your there for a week or more,we made our own beds in seconds, room 129 two queen beds,sofa bed plenty of room me my wife and daughter,there is a full sized fridge freezer,2 ring cooker,1 pot 1 frying pan,coffee maker,toaster plenty of utensils,plates,bowls,safe which is chargable $3 a day,takes a 15 inch laptop,iron ironing board hair dryer.32inch flat screen tv with usual channels
Has a laundry at the pool with vending machines with juice and chocolate,crisps.Pool area clean and was quiet,heated and a hot tub,there are 2 barbecues to use.The staff I seen and spoke to were always polite and helpful.

The continental breakfast has four cereals,porridge,french toast on alternate days,bagels,bread,muffins,jucies,tea coffee which you can have 24/7,some days there are yougarts,boiled eggs,it,s a small area but there are plenty of paper plates bowls to take to your room.

Free parking and plenty of spaces,if driving your 10 mins to Disney 10 to Universal 10 to seaworld,and there,s plenty of eating places a 2 minutes drive 10 minute walk,there's a walmart to the right coming out the hotel up Turkey Lake Road or there is a Walgreens to the left,i don't understand some people who want lifted and laid for the price.If I was going back to Florida I would definetly stay here.

Room Tip: Don't go looking for problems your on holiday
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was a bit concerned about our choice since the reviews went to both extremes. However, being a budget trip, we decided to hope for the best. We travel quite a bit and stay in everything from budget hotels to 5* resorts. We always adjust our expectations accordingly and don't expect the Four Seasons when we book a 2.5 star hotel.

That being said, I am happy to report that this hotel exceeded our expectations. Check in was quick, efficient & friendly. The room was clean and ample. There was plenty of storage space and a kitchenette is always a plus. We always took the stairs and they have the cleanest and brightest stairwell of any hotel that we've stayed at.

The bed was a tad too firm for me, but since I was exhausted most nights, it did not bother me too much. The pillows were fine. The a/c worked well and it was not noisy at all.

Th breakfast is continental. We just grabbed some coffee or juice as we headed out the door. If you like a hearty breakfast, there are plenty of places nearby. Or you can use your kitchenette.

Unfortunately, we tend to be blessed by neighbors that hang out in the hallway talking loudly, letting their kids run up and down the hallway, and slamming doors. All this either at midnight or at 7am. Seriously, don't they sleep?

Only a couple of things to note for management. We were in 213, the toaster did not have a lever to push down. The electrical socket in the kitchen kept tripping when we would plug in the toaster. The ice maker was noisy, but was not making ice. We just turned it off.

All in all, we had a pleasant stay and would not hesitate to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Lissete - Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your clean, spacious room and the service our staff provided. As well, I am glad that you liked the grab-and-go breakfast. Still, I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise from other guests and that the toaster in your room did not work properly. In response, our maintenance staff has repaired the toaster and I am reviewing our noise policies with the staff to ensure future guests are not affected by the same issue.

Thank you again for your comments. We certainly look forward to you visiting our hotel again, or any of our other hotel locations.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!