“Great Stay 29th Oct to the 11th Nov” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8100 Palm Parkway, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #206 of 327 hotels in Orlando
glasgow
“Great Stay 29th Oct to the 11th Nov”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Having read some reviews on here I was wary,but nothing to worry about.Check in done in 3 minutes and you told they only change towels daily,and do a full clean if your there for a week or more,we made our own beds in seconds, room 129 two queen beds,sofa bed plenty of room me my wife and daughter,there is a full sized fridge freezer,2 ring cooker,1 pot 1 frying pan,coffee maker,toaster plenty of utensils,plates,bowls,safe which is chargable $3 a day,takes a 15 inch laptop,iron ironing board hair dryer.32inch flat screen tv with usual channels
Has a laundry at the pool with vending machines with juice and chocolate,crisps.Pool area clean and was quiet,heated and a hot tub,there are 2 barbecues to use.The staff I seen and spoke to were always polite and helpful.

The continental breakfast has four cereals,porridge,french toast on alternate days,bagels,bread,muffins,jucies,tea coffee which you can have 24/7,some days there are yougarts,boiled eggs,it,s a small area but there are plenty of paper plates bowls to take to your room.

Free parking and plenty of spaces,if driving your 10 mins to Disney 10 to Universal 10 to seaworld,and there,s plenty of eating places a 2 minutes drive 10 minute walk,there's a walmart to the right coming out the hotel up Turkey Lake Road or there is a Walgreens to the left,i don't understand some people who want lifted and laid for the price.If I was going back to Florida I would definetly stay here.

Room Tip: Don't go looking for problems your on holiday
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

409 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was a bit concerned about our choice since the reviews went to both extremes. However, being a budget trip, we decided to hope for the best. We travel quite a bit and stay in everything from budget hotels to 5* resorts. We always adjust our expectations accordingly and don't expect the Four Seasons when we book a 2.5 star hotel.

That being said, I am happy to report that this hotel exceeded our expectations. Check in was quick, efficient & friendly. The room was clean and ample. There was plenty of storage space and a kitchenette is always a plus. We always took the stairs and they have the cleanest and brightest stairwell of any hotel that we've stayed at.

The bed was a tad too firm for me, but since I was exhausted most nights, it did not bother me too much. The pillows were fine. The a/c worked well and it was not noisy at all.

Th breakfast is continental. We just grabbed some coffee or juice as we headed out the door. If you like a hearty breakfast, there are plenty of places nearby. Or you can use your kitchenette.

Unfortunately, we tend to be blessed by neighbors that hang out in the hallway talking loudly, letting their kids run up and down the hallway, and slamming doors. All this either at midnight or at 7am. Seriously, don't they sleep?

Only a couple of things to note for management. We were in 213, the toaster did not have a lever to push down. The electrical socket in the kitchen kept tripping when we would plug in the toaster. The ice maker was noisy, but was not making ice. We just turned it off.

All in all, we had a pleasant stay and would not hesitate to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Lissete - Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your clean, spacious room and the service our staff provided. As well, I am glad that you liked the grab-and-go breakfast. Still, I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise from other guests and that the toaster in your room did not work properly. In response, our maintenance staff has repaired the toaster and I am reviewing our noise policies with the staff to ensure future guests are not affected by the same issue.

Thank you again for your comments. We certainly look forward to you visiting our hotel again, or any of our other hotel locations.
Oconomowoc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I booked a month on line to get the best price.I asked for a room with a King bed.When I got there I was told no King rooms are available and was given a room with 2 Queen beds. My room was on the 1st floor.When we walked around in our white socks they turned black.When I booked the room it said no pets, but when I arirved the front desk had a sign saying pets welcome. Guess who got the room next to the barking dog. The cabinets in the kitchen area were covered in thin ripped plastic with sharp corners.(I cut my hand).In 30 days they could not find a King to move us to.Shabby bath room and a worn out couch Nice maid and a great pool. Even at the cheep price I payed I won't be coming back next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Patrick B - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations while you stayed with us. It sounds like you might have stayed with us before we had some exciting updates done at our property. We have new carpets and flooring,new cabinets, new couches. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we have made changes so to ensure your experience is not repeated. I would also like to apologize for not letting you know that we are a pet friendly hotel.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at obv2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Hialeah Gardens, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here with friends in Oct. 2012 during the weekend of HHN. It seemed alright at first, very spacious with a nice small kitchen. Until I looked behind the TV and under the beds. There was an old subway wrapper and an old bottle of gatorade under the bed... and behind the TV, it was all covered in dust. I felt so dirty in this room. Who knows how clean that room really was. It seems as house keeping doesn't really "house keep", just make the beds and go on to the next room. I will never stay at another extended stay america. And above everything, I called downstairs for extra towels and the front desk agent told me I had to go to the front desk and get them myself. Thank GOD I was only there for a night. I checked out the next day, and went to the Best Western Saratoga villas not too far away. Major difference, and that is now my stay choice every time I'm in the Orlando area.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. Save yourself the money and the disappointment.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Have no complains! This room was less than $50 and was worth a lot more! Enjoyed staying here and would definitely return if in the area! It was like a studio apartment! We had 3 kids and had plenty of room! Couch also folded out into a bed which was awesome!

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the size and location of our hotel.. We truly appreciate you choosing Extended Stay America.

Belo Horizonte, MG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The location is perfect, close to restaurants and the parks. They have a shuttle that takes you to Disney everyday at 8:30 and 11am and returns around 6:30pm and 10pm if I'm not mistaken. They also sell the tickets to the parks (Disney and Universal) inside the hotel and the price is the same as the gate, so it saves you some time.

Parking is free, so is the internet that worked fine. The room has a small kitchen with all the silverware and appliances (microwave, stove, full size refrigerator) if you want to eat in. The water in the shower doesn't get very hot, but we didn't need it as it was too hot outside anyways. Breakfast is poor. I wasn't hungry having to wake up so early in the morning so it didn't bother me. The last thing I wanted was to spend a long time in the lines to get in the parks because I was enjoying breakfast at the hotel for over 30 minutes.

I would stay again and recommend it to friends. As a bonus, we got a good deal and payed half the advertised price on Priceline.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location of our hotel and the amenities we offered along with the kitchens in the room. I was also glad to hear that you enjoyed our shuttle service. I am sorry that our breakfast did not meet your expectations, we try and have a variety. I also wanted to apologize for the lack of hot water, we were in the process of having a water heater replaced.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I booked this hotel back in July 2013. We had just stayed there from May until June 2013for a month.

I booked a smoking room. I received a confirmation stating that this smoking room was Guaranteed and I used a credit card to guarantee this room.

Before we left I also received an e-mail reservation reminder telling me they were looking forward to seeing me.

When we arrived we were told they are a non-smoking hotel. Had been non-smoking for several months we were told. So why did they not contact us about this reservation?

Since we had to have a place to stay for the night, my wife and I are disabled, we had to accept a non-smoking room and they charged us more than the price we had booked.

So after being on the road all day we had to spend hours looking for another place to stay. We also book this place because my wife is on a low sodium diet and we can cook our own food.

So now we were left with looking for another place to stay and having to worry about what my wife would be able to eat.

Even after replying to this hotels e-mail survey about this problem we only got a response from the manager telling us they were sorry and that they would credit us for the outrageous cost for the one nights stay. Still no offer to help pay any additional expenses.

So I contacted the Orlando city mayor about protesting this hotel and he was nice enough to point us to the county since they come under the county jurisdiction. So I contacted them about protesting which I plan to do during their busy season. I also have friends that will help me post on South American websites as well as in Mexico.

My wife has relatives in the area so maybe they can help with the protest. Since I am a veteran, 100% disabled, maybe I can get veterans in the area to help. No one at Extended Stay would help us. The general manager knows I am disabled and I have been staying at the Extended Stays in Orlando for 10 years.

They never offered to pay any difference in cost that it cost us and left it up to us to find another place.

I hope I have a lot of years left because I will spend one day when I travel to go to an Extended Stay nearby and protest it.

I have only been back for a week so look for other posts online about Extended Stay and maybe a website telling people not to stay at an Extended stay.

This was our anniversary vacation and Extended Stay made it a nightmare. I hope I can give them an equal nightmare.

Room Tip: Don't be surprised if you don't get what you are guaranteed. Instead you get an, "I am...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!