“Terrible doesn't even begin to explain.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8100 Palm Parkway, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #204 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Hialeah Gardens, Florida, United States
“Terrible doesn't even begin to explain.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here with friends in Oct. 2012 during the weekend of HHN. It seemed alright at first, very spacious with a nice small kitchen. Until I looked behind the TV and under the beds. There was an old subway wrapper and an old bottle of gatorade under the bed... and behind the TV, it was all covered in dust. I felt so dirty in this room. Who knows how clean that room really was. It seems as house keeping doesn't really "house keep", just make the beds and go on to the next room. I will never stay at another extended stay america. And above everything, I called downstairs for extra towels and the front desk agent told me I had to go to the front desk and get them myself. Thank GOD I was only there for a night. I checked out the next day, and went to the Best Western Saratoga villas not too far away. Major difference, and that is now my stay choice every time I'm in the Orlando area.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. Save yourself the money and the disappointment.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Have no complains! This room was less than $50 and was worth a lot more! Enjoyed staying here and would definitely return if in the area! It was like a studio apartment! We had 3 kids and had plenty of room! Couch also folded out into a bed which was awesome!

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the size and location of our hotel.. We truly appreciate you choosing Extended Stay America.

Belo Horizonte, MG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The location is perfect, close to restaurants and the parks. They have a shuttle that takes you to Disney everyday at 8:30 and 11am and returns around 6:30pm and 10pm if I'm not mistaken. They also sell the tickets to the parks (Disney and Universal) inside the hotel and the price is the same as the gate, so it saves you some time.

Parking is free, so is the internet that worked fine. The room has a small kitchen with all the silverware and appliances (microwave, stove, full size refrigerator) if you want to eat in. The water in the shower doesn't get very hot, but we didn't need it as it was too hot outside anyways. Breakfast is poor. I wasn't hungry having to wake up so early in the morning so it didn't bother me. The last thing I wanted was to spend a long time in the lines to get in the parks because I was enjoying breakfast at the hotel for over 30 minutes.

I would stay again and recommend it to friends. As a bonus, we got a good deal and payed half the advertised price on Priceline.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location of our hotel and the amenities we offered along with the kitchens in the room. I was also glad to hear that you enjoyed our shuttle service. I am sorry that our breakfast did not meet your expectations, we try and have a variety. I also wanted to apologize for the lack of hot water, we were in the process of having a water heater replaced.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I booked this hotel back in July 2013. We had just stayed there from May until June 2013for a month.

I booked a smoking room. I received a confirmation stating that this smoking room was Guaranteed and I used a credit card to guarantee this room.

Before we left I also received an e-mail reservation reminder telling me they were looking forward to seeing me.

When we arrived we were told they are a non-smoking hotel. Had been non-smoking for several months we were told. So why did they not contact us about this reservation?

Since we had to have a place to stay for the night, my wife and I are disabled, we had to accept a non-smoking room and they charged us more than the price we had booked.

So after being on the road all day we had to spend hours looking for another place to stay. We also book this place because my wife is on a low sodium diet and we can cook our own food.

So now we were left with looking for another place to stay and having to worry about what my wife would be able to eat.

Even after replying to this hotels e-mail survey about this problem we only got a response from the manager telling us they were sorry and that they would credit us for the outrageous cost for the one nights stay. Still no offer to help pay any additional expenses.

So I contacted the Orlando city mayor about protesting this hotel and he was nice enough to point us to the county since they come under the county jurisdiction. So I contacted them about protesting which I plan to do during their busy season. I also have friends that will help me post on South American websites as well as in Mexico.

My wife has relatives in the area so maybe they can help with the protest. Since I am a veteran, 100% disabled, maybe I can get veterans in the area to help. No one at Extended Stay would help us. The general manager knows I am disabled and I have been staying at the Extended Stays in Orlando for 10 years.

They never offered to pay any difference in cost that it cost us and left it up to us to find another place.

I hope I have a lot of years left because I will spend one day when I travel to go to an Extended Stay nearby and protest it.

I have only been back for a week so look for other posts online about Extended Stay and maybe a website telling people not to stay at an Extended stay.

This was our anniversary vacation and Extended Stay made it a nightmare. I hope I can give them an equal nightmare.

Room Tip: Don't be surprised if you don't get what you are guaranteed. Instead you get an, "I am...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Avon Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am sorry to report my stay at Extended Stay America in Lake Buena Vista was not a pleasant stay. I arrived to the hotel around 8pm and was not fully checked in until almost 11pm. I was told by the clerk my reservation did not include my dog because it was not in her system. I was traveling with my 4 children and dog. I explained to Ms.Nichole that at the time of booking through Expedia the representative and I made sure to include my dog in the reservation. The represented also assured me the final cost included everything including the dog. The clerk Ms. Nichole was very polite. The clerk gave me a print out of what Expedia sent to them and on it, it stated the dog was part of the reservation. Ms. Nichole stated she needed to call her manager. Once done on the phone, Ms.Nichole stated her manger said she will not waive the pet fee. At that time, I felt the manager was not willing to deal with the problem nor was willing to find a solution or was not interested in resolving the situation. I was not trying to get out of paying for my dog. I was simply stating I do not see why I have to pay for my dog's stay again if I already paid for it at the time of booking. Expedia called the hotel and the manager was still not willing to work with the situation. I had no choice than to stay and pay for my dog's stay however; Expedia came through for me and my family. I thank Expedia for trying to resolve the situation and was very happy in how Expedia handled the whole thing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Sandra - Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am very disappointed you experienced this inconvenience. While I am glad that our front desk associate was very polite, I am sorry that our pet policy fees were not communicated properly to you by Expedia. At this time, Expedia can charge for the hotel room, but not the pet fee which is why the bill was higher upon arrival. Our company policy is to charge this fee because it helps support the maintenance needed on each room after pets leave the hotel. Still, I am glad that you were refunded by Expedia in the end.

Again, I am very sorry that you had a negative experience at our hotel. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
kinross
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I really don't understand the great reviews for this hotel. This is the first negative review on trip advisor but I really wish someone had warned me not to come here so here it goes: We checked in and went to our rooms. There was an overwhelming smell of urine in the room. In addition there was also a cot!! We never requested a cot and this took up a lot of space in the room. I immediately went down to reception. The room was changed. The next room was clearly not maintained. There was no handles on kitchen cupboard doors - just holes. Tried to open the wardrobe but gave up as it looked like it was going to fall apart. The room had a very musty smell - opened the windows but think it was just old smell. Had to keep air con on all night but this kept me awake as very noisy and rattled all night. Phoned reception to asked for WiFi code but the phone didn't work, I figured out you had to push the wire firmly into the phone line and hold it there whilst making a call. There was lots of dust behind the bed side table, found out after the telephone wire fell out the wall onto the floor. Breakfast was a bit boring, just cereal, bread and whole fruit. The only good thing about the hotel was that it was quiet - not many rooms were filled, so you would think they would put us in a decent room - nope! Will never be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that the rooms you were given were not up to our standards or yours. Please accept my apology. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will make every effort to make sure your experience is not repeated. It is disheartening that you experienced this and frankly it is rare that we receive reviews like this, as you noted. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

If you would like to contact me directly I can be reached at the main hotel number 407.239.4300 and ask for the General Manager. Again, I am truly sorry for your experience and would like to make this right for you.
fkennedy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

this is my second stay to this hotel this time I stayed 2 nights. Since i was here in May they have renovated and everything is brand new. The room was great no difference from a higher end hotel. Everything is very clean and the staff is very attentive. We checked in around 11pm and Shana at the front desk was very perky and welcoming and Debbie during the day was great. If you are travelling with a family and need large rooms with kitchen stay here you will not regret it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting such a fantastic review of our hotel. I am so delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay, that our rooms suit your needs and that our staff made a positive impact.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!