I booked this hotel back in July 2013. We had just stayed there from May until June 2013for a month.
I booked a smoking room. I received a confirmation stating that this smoking room was Guaranteed and I used a credit card to guarantee this room.
Before we left I also received an e-mail reservation reminder telling me they were looking forward to seeing me.
When we arrived we were told they are a non-smoking hotel. Had been non-smoking for several months we were told. So why did they not contact us about this reservation?
Since we had to have a place to stay for the night, my wife and I are disabled, we had to accept a non-smoking room and they charged us more than the price we had booked.
So after being on the road all day we had to spend hours looking for another place to stay. We also book this place because my wife is on a low sodium diet and we can cook our own food.
So now we were left with looking for another place to stay and having to worry about what my wife would be able to eat.
Even after replying to this hotels e-mail survey about this problem we only got a response from the manager telling us they were sorry and that they would credit us for the outrageous cost for the one nights stay. Still no offer to help pay any additional expenses.
So I contacted the Orlando city mayor about protesting this hotel and he was nice enough to point us to the county since they come under the county jurisdiction. So I contacted them about protesting which I plan to do during their busy season. I also have friends that will help me post on South American websites as well as in Mexico.
My wife has relatives in the area so maybe they can help with the protest. Since I am a veteran, 100% disabled, maybe I can get veterans in the area to help. No one at Extended Stay would help us. The general manager knows I am disabled and I have been staying at the Extended Stays in Orlando for 10 years.
They never offered to pay any difference in cost that it cost us and left it up to us to find another place.
I hope I have a lot of years left because I will spend one day when I travel to go to an Extended Stay nearby and protest it.
I have only been back for a week so look for other posts online about Extended Stay and maybe a website telling people not to stay at an Extended stay.
This was our anniversary vacation and Extended Stay made it a nightmare. I hope I can give them an equal nightmare.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - Lake Buena Vista Hotel
- Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando
- Extended Stay Deluxe Lake Buena Vista
- Orlando Extended Stay
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.