“Won't Honor Reservations” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8100 Palm Parkway, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #204 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Houston, Texas
“Won't Honor Reservations”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I booked this hotel back in July 2013. We had just stayed there from May until June 2013for a month.

I booked a smoking room. I received a confirmation stating that this smoking room was Guaranteed and I used a credit card to guarantee this room.

Before we left I also received an e-mail reservation reminder telling me they were looking forward to seeing me.

When we arrived we were told they are a non-smoking hotel. Had been non-smoking for several months we were told. So why did they not contact us about this reservation?

Since we had to have a place to stay for the night, my wife and I are disabled, we had to accept a non-smoking room and they charged us more than the price we had booked.

So after being on the road all day we had to spend hours looking for another place to stay. We also book this place because my wife is on a low sodium diet and we can cook our own food.

So now we were left with looking for another place to stay and having to worry about what my wife would be able to eat.

Even after replying to this hotels e-mail survey about this problem we only got a response from the manager telling us they were sorry and that they would credit us for the outrageous cost for the one nights stay. Still no offer to help pay any additional expenses.

So I contacted the Orlando city mayor about protesting this hotel and he was nice enough to point us to the county since they come under the county jurisdiction. So I contacted them about protesting which I plan to do during their busy season. I also have friends that will help me post on South American websites as well as in Mexico.

My wife has relatives in the area so maybe they can help with the protest. Since I am a veteran, 100% disabled, maybe I can get veterans in the area to help. No one at Extended Stay would help us. The general manager knows I am disabled and I have been staying at the Extended Stays in Orlando for 10 years.

They never offered to pay any difference in cost that it cost us and left it up to us to find another place.

I hope I have a lot of years left because I will spend one day when I travel to go to an Extended Stay nearby and protest it.

I have only been back for a week so look for other posts online about Extended Stay and maybe a website telling people not to stay at an Extended stay.

This was our anniversary vacation and Extended Stay made it a nightmare. I hope I can give them an equal nightmare.

Room Tip: Don't be surprised if you don't get what you are guaranteed. Instead you get an, "I am...

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Avon Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am sorry to report my stay at Extended Stay America in Lake Buena Vista was not a pleasant stay. I arrived to the hotel around 8pm and was not fully checked in until almost 11pm. I was told by the clerk my reservation did not include my dog because it was not in her system. I was traveling with my 4 children and dog. I explained to Ms.Nichole that at the time of booking through Expedia the representative and I made sure to include my dog in the reservation. The represented also assured me the final cost included everything including the dog. The clerk Ms. Nichole was very polite. The clerk gave me a print out of what Expedia sent to them and on it, it stated the dog was part of the reservation. Ms. Nichole stated she needed to call her manager. Once done on the phone, Ms.Nichole stated her manger said she will not waive the pet fee. At that time, I felt the manager was not willing to deal with the problem nor was willing to find a solution or was not interested in resolving the situation. I was not trying to get out of paying for my dog. I was simply stating I do not see why I have to pay for my dog's stay again if I already paid for it at the time of booking. Expedia called the hotel and the manager was still not willing to work with the situation. I had no choice than to stay and pay for my dog's stay however; Expedia came through for me and my family. I thank Expedia for trying to resolve the situation and was very happy in how Expedia handled the whole thing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Sandra - Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am very disappointed you experienced this inconvenience. While I am glad that our front desk associate was very polite, I am sorry that our pet policy fees were not communicated properly to you by Expedia. At this time, Expedia can charge for the hotel room, but not the pet fee which is why the bill was higher upon arrival. Our company policy is to charge this fee because it helps support the maintenance needed on each room after pets leave the hotel. Still, I am glad that you were refunded by Expedia in the end.

Again, I am very sorry that you had a negative experience at our hotel. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
kinross
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I really don't understand the great reviews for this hotel. This is the first negative review on trip advisor but I really wish someone had warned me not to come here so here it goes: We checked in and went to our rooms. There was an overwhelming smell of urine in the room. In addition there was also a cot!! We never requested a cot and this took up a lot of space in the room. I immediately went down to reception. The room was changed. The next room was clearly not maintained. There was no handles on kitchen cupboard doors - just holes. Tried to open the wardrobe but gave up as it looked like it was going to fall apart. The room had a very musty smell - opened the windows but think it was just old smell. Had to keep air con on all night but this kept me awake as very noisy and rattled all night. Phoned reception to asked for WiFi code but the phone didn't work, I figured out you had to push the wire firmly into the phone line and hold it there whilst making a call. There was lots of dust behind the bed side table, found out after the telephone wire fell out the wall onto the floor. Breakfast was a bit boring, just cereal, bread and whole fruit. The only good thing about the hotel was that it was quiet - not many rooms were filled, so you would think they would put us in a decent room - nope! Will never be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that the rooms you were given were not up to our standards or yours. Please accept my apology. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will make every effort to make sure your experience is not repeated. It is disheartening that you experienced this and frankly it is rare that we receive reviews like this, as you noted. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

If you would like to contact me directly I can be reached at the main hotel number 407.239.4300 and ask for the General Manager. Again, I am truly sorry for your experience and would like to make this right for you.
fkennedy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

this is my second stay to this hotel this time I stayed 2 nights. Since i was here in May they have renovated and everything is brand new. The room was great no difference from a higher end hotel. Everything is very clean and the staff is very attentive. We checked in around 11pm and Shana at the front desk was very perky and welcoming and Debbie during the day was great. If you are travelling with a family and need large rooms with kitchen stay here you will not regret it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting such a fantastic review of our hotel. I am so delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay, that our rooms suit your needs and that our staff made a positive impact.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had an issue with a room that smelled like a smoke shop exploded. Diana at the front desk came down and immediately said she was moving us. Our new room was perfect and we had a great stay. I will come back here if we need to stay overnight in Orlando.
The whole front desk staff was great and always had a smile.
The hotel is going through a renovation so some areas are still under costruction. I knew this going in. It will look really good when its finished.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm thrilled that Diana was able to quickly handle the room issue and that your stay with us was enjoyable! We hope you can come back after or renovations complete.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, when you return to Orlando - and Yes, the hotel looks fabulous.
Lecheria, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great experience, the hotel is close to everything...Disney Parks...Outlets...Food and Dining....

The Room was conforable and clean...had everything we needed with space for the kids to play around, kitchen had enough to get by...big fridge was big help keeping the water cool to take to the parks.

Pool was nice...small but enough to play...

Brione at the front desk was helpful always. thankyou.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about your stay. I am very pleased that you found our location to be comfortable ,clean and safe for you and your family. As well, I am glad to read that your staff provided you with such great service, especially Brione. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our team.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I went here as usual. We know its a safe place. I always feel comfortable going here. We know we will great quality for a good price. Never had an issue. Room was big, view was nice. Bed was comfortable. Love having a small kitchen and a normal size fridge when I don't have to crawl on floor to get into. If your looking for a place to stay, they are the one's to go to!!

Room Tip: Any room is good. Great place to go to.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you always feel safe and comfortable when staying at our hotel. As well, it is great to know that you love our spacious rooms, comfortable beds and full-size refrigerators.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to seeing you and your Husband again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!