“Stay from May til June” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8100 Palm Parkway, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #204 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Houston, Texas
“Stay from May til June”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We booked this place months in advance. When we checked into the hotel the people next door were so loud we told the front desk clerk to find us another room. We told her about the noise and that we came there to get some rest. So we were moved from the first floor to the second floor.

The desk clerk put us on the second floor which was okay for a few days. Then the renovations started. Not only noise from the renovation above us, but the crew was noisy and yelling outside. The desk clerk never mentioned anything about a renovation.

The general manager told us we should have told her about our problems before I e-mailed her directly. Then she offered to move us to another extended stay which we had tried to book online, but they were full according to the online booking.

Yes, we had gone online looking for another similar place to stay before we e-mailed the general manager.

What really upset us is that since we had booked months in advance they should have notified us that the work would be going on while we were going to be there. That did not happen. Had we been notified we would not have stayed there and they probably knew this at corporate. So corporate is a lot to blame for what happened.

If telling someone working there isn't getting back to the general manager then the general manager needs to hire other people. The general manager told us we should have told her when we saw her. The first time I saw her I did try to tell her, but she was busy talking with a construction worker. I do not go out of my way to tell someone something when I am a guest and they ignore me to talk to a worker.

Then in her e-mail she made it sound like I had seen her every day. I saw her once after that first encounter and then when we were leaving. I began to wonder if she knows what is really going on there and if her mind was out to lunch.

I have known her for a long time, but stress can play games on the mind. Apparently she was moved from another hotel to take over this one. That in itself can be stressful.

I also know that corporate people are not the brightest people in the world. They plan things and the last to know are the people that actually have to deal with the issues. Just watch undercover boss and that alone shows how stupid the corporate people are about what is really going on in a company.

Even with all the negative things I think the stay was overall very good. That is after I realized what this general manager was going through. Being thrown into a complete remodel of the hotel and many things going on beyond her control.

I believe if someone goes back there they will enjoy their stay because I have stayed at another hotel this general manager ran, I believe she will run this one the same and the other one was run great. It takes time when you are given another hotel to run to put everything together.

I would suggest everyone complaining to give it a try again. And if it turns out the same then let all of us know and let the general manager know as well as the corporate offices.

Did anyone even notice that the name was changed on these hotels?

I have stayed in 5 plus star hotels in the U.S. and around the world that were worse or at least not any better.

May 2013 to June 2013.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from June 18-21, 2013 and was surprised with the service I received since I chose this hotel and chose to pay the difference of a 3 day stay rather than stay at a resort. The room was nice with a poolside view, but that was the extent of the niceties. On the first night we accidently left our rental car running and it was allowed to continue running from 6pm to 10 am the next morning without notification. There was no rack in which to sit our luggage so we ended up sitting it on the coffee table and nightstand. The remote to the DVD player was missing and when we returned from the store on our last night, it was raining in the lobby. Not a good advertisement for this hotel. But to this hotel's credit, it is close to major attractions, restaurants, shopping centers and gift shops.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

From the location to the staff all the way to our room I absolutely loved this hotel stay! I choose this hotel based off of pictures and reviews I read from previous reviewers, they did not disappoint. The location is secure, a little remote but dead center of everything you need, and close to all the major attractions. The staff was friendly, willing to assist and knowledgeable. Our ROOM was one of the newly renovated rooms, we choose the 2 double beds with sofa sleeper suite. The decor was AWESOME, very modern home away from home feel. I loved the space in the living area, kitchen, and 2 separate closets. Made a video on youtube at http://youtu.be/pJybCxdKHyA, u can see for yourself. There was a channel guide with ALL the major kids channels (cable is a plus), DVD player, and free Wi-Fi. Con: The night before we left we noticed the AC was leaking and caused the area around the unit to get wet. Since we were leaving we did not notify the staff, and as I type I'm thinking I still didn't tell them at check-out.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor, facing the parking lot on Lake St.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Staysea - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review of your stay with us. I am so glad that our room fit your needs, the staff was helpful, the amenities were suitable and our location was convenient.

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

First surprise was the breakfast: the best of many ESH I've been before. Variety, quality and quantity. Even for brazilian preferences for breakfast (quite different from the american one), I was really pleased. Congratulations!

Second surprise: not a good one ... The furniture was not exactly I am used to find in others ESH, with lots of signs of wear. The kitchen look old and rusty. But I think it is about to change, since the hotel had one entire floor being refurbished (and I assume the others will too). I hope the furniture will be changed, too.

Otherwise the usual that you can expect from the brand: courteous and attentive staff, cleaniness and efficiency but I kind of missed Kate-Lynn Webb, manager at the ESAmerica at Westwood Blvd. She really make you feel at home, even away from home! Kate, I could not get back to your hotel this time but I promise to do my best next time!

Room Tip: Expect a silent location, since the street where the hotel is located is relativelly quiet. But I re...
Sunrise, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Well the good news is they are remodeling.
First the Bad's: Ants were everywhere, bathroom, kitchen... the pillows and beds where hard and certainly didn't feel like a pillow top. The bathroom was very small and hard to move around when showering three little kids. Breakfast buffet was certainly nothing to write home about. Toast, cereal, mini muffins, apples/bananas and frozen waffles. They don't have fresh brewed coffee. You'd be better off going somewhere else if you want a decent breakfast.
The goods: It was cheap because of the current remodel work. We did not hear any of that work going on either but I think it was because we were there during the weekend. Fresh towels daily. Friendly Staff. Close to Disney parks (15-20 min)

We probably wouldn't go back as I'm sure the rates will go up after the remodel but it worked for us this time as it was just a place to sleep and shower. We spent most of out time at the parks.

Manaus, AM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on May 01-10, 2013 and for sure this was a very good choice for our family. We were very worried about this since we have 2 small kids (3-4 years old) and need special stuff for them. The room was spacious and clean. It was equipped with full kitchen, 2 queen beds and a lot of space for girls to play... A continental breakfast was included in the stay with a good selection of juices, coffee, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, bagels, mini donuts & muffins, oatmeal selections, cold cereal, milk, a very good help in the morning (kids). No problems with security. Localization is perfect, 5-10 min far from big outlets, supermarkets, restaurants, everything was close to us including Disney/ Orlando attractions (15 min)!!! Considering localization, service and price, this is the best option for family. Next stay in Orlando for sure will be in ESA LBV again.

Manchester, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed at Extended Stay America Orlando-Lake Buena Vista while attending a business conference at the Coronado Springs Resort. While the rooms at the resort were offered at a reasonable price for conference attendees, I was able to secure a room at Extended Stay for less than half that price ($55/night) and just a 10 minute drive away. Close to all Disney/Orlando attractions (within 10 minute drive), the hotel even has a shuttle that will bring families to the location of the main Disney Parks... Another bonus is that a continental breakfast was included in the stay. Ample selection of juices, coffee, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, bagels, mini donuts & muffins, oatmeal selections, cold cereal, milk... I was only there for 2 mornings, but the 2nd morning they mixed it up a little bit and offered french toast too... For the cost, it was an excellent deal. I went as an individual (1 person)... but a family would reap the benefits of saving a lot of money on a hotel and having the convenience of a full kitchen in suite and continental breakfast included. The hotel was clean and quiet... and the workers were receptive to my needs. Easy check in and check out. While I did not visit Orlando to go to Disney (I was there for a business conference) I highly recommend staying here to save a nickle on accommodations since you know the park admissions and souvenirs are going to cost an arm and a leg.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!