“Perfect end to a perfect evening” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection

You added Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   325 S. Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32801 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #51 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Florida
“Perfect end to a perfect evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

Living in Orlando already, we obviously do not utilize the local hotels for over night stays. However, for our wedding night, we wanted to stay close to our reception site. Co-workers had purchased us a suite at the Boheme which was appropriate since we had our first date at the hotel in the Bosendorfer lounge, which we still frequent (great jazz). The suite was georgous! Most importantly though, the staff reminded you that customer service, although hard to come by these days, is still existant and makes people feel really special. We felt like everyone went the extra mile! Our guest that stayed at the hotel were as equally impressed. It was the perfect end to our perfect evening.

Stayed March 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

The hotel was wonderful, the service excellent. I want to thank Jose for going above and beyond to resolve an issue I had. He went out of his way to help me, and I truly appreciate it!

• Liked — The staff was incredible
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

I stayed at the Grand Bohemian on a business trip back in Feb 2008 and I was not impressed. The reason I chose it was because as a business traveler, it was a preferred hotel for my company. I read reviews and was expecting elegance at it's finest, but that isn't what I received. First of all the hotel itself is beautiful. Check in was great, except for the dead fish in the fishbowl that they have on the counter. The elevator sucks because you need your room key to get anywhere in the hotel. The room was nice, but not what I expected for the price. The bed was great and the dual shower heads were also high on the list. But my first room was located right next to the fitness area so I awoke to people running on the treadmill at 4am. I was successfully transferred to another room with no problems. Same type of room, nothing spectacular. The cleaning service didn't do a good job and I was charged for a $6.95 bottle of water that I didn't drink, so I assumed one of the cleaning staff took it. The only good things about this place was the bed, shower and the Starbucks in the lobby. I'd never stay for pleasure.

• Liked — Bed, shower and Starbucks in the lobby
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
P.B. Gardens, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

Great Rooms, Artwork, Classy Staff. Best hotel in dowtown Orlando. Professional BB Teams stay here when they play the Magic. Downtown Orlando more fun then you may think! Also worth the commute if going to the attrations, for the family that wants a little culture mixed with the "carnival" type atmosphere around the theme parks. Stayed there during marriage at Citrus Club, and went back several times. Highly recommended.

• Liked — Style, Class
  • Disliked — No Cheap, if that is your goal
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

I booked this hotel as part of a Valentine's Day gift to my husband. I purchased tickets to a concert and decided to treat him (and myself) to a nice hotel in downtown Orlando. I received every bit of my money's worth! The hotel was outstanding - very luxurious. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive - even when we ordered room service at 3 AM. If you want a 5-star hotel in downtown Orlando that is close to everything (my husband and I didn't have to go further than a mile away from the hotel for anything), then this is your spot!!

• Liked — The room - especially the bed - was very comfortable!
  • Disliked — The lighting in the room was very dim - extremely flattering, but hard to see!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. The staff was exceptionally friendly. Everything was spotless. The decor is unique. The food in the restaurant was fantastic. When we stay in downtown Orlando, this is where we will be sure to return.

• Liked — Exceptonally friendly staff
  • Disliked — road construction in the area
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bedford, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

I reviewed the Grand Bohemian previously on March 28th. I returned to Orlando this week and decided to stay here again.

It is still my favorite Orlando hotel.

Some pluses & minuses:

(+) The room was spotless, well furnished, and nicely sized.

(-) I had some trouble controlling the temperature. It took me three attempts to find a setting that made the room comfortable for me. How about a thermostat with an actual temperature setting?

(-) As others have mentioned, the TV ought to be upgraded.

(+) The valet parking was quick and friendly

(-) I felt like an idiot parking my Ford Focus rental after seeing Audi's, Porshe's, and Mercedes all over the place.

(+) The bar makes a fantastic white chocolate chocolatini. It was slightly entertaining to sit in the corner and watch some couple make out at the bar. It was even more interesting to watch them leave the bar and take their make-out session into the bathroom.

(-) The wireless internet was horrible. I had to call the front desk to get it up and running (a first for me). They had to call their IT department who had to reset the access points. Once connected, the service was spotty and slow.

(+) The ambiance and atmosphere is unique and a joy.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!