“Don't understand the Hoopla!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection

You added Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   325 S. Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32801 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #42 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
WI
“Don't understand the Hoopla!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

I stayed at the Grand Bohemian on a business trip back in Feb 2008 and I was not impressed. The reason I chose it was because as a business traveler, it was a preferred hotel for my company. I read reviews and was expecting elegance at it's finest, but that isn't what I received. First of all the hotel itself is beautiful. Check in was great, except for the dead fish in the fishbowl that they have on the counter. The elevator sucks because you need your room key to get anywhere in the hotel. The room was nice, but not what I expected for the price. The bed was great and the dual shower heads were also high on the list. But my first room was located right next to the fitness area so I awoke to people running on the treadmill at 4am. I was successfully transferred to another room with no problems. Same type of room, nothing spectacular. The cleaning service didn't do a good job and I was charged for a $6.95 bottle of water that I didn't drink, so I assumed one of the cleaning staff took it. The only good things about this place was the bed, shower and the Starbucks in the lobby. I'd never stay for pleasure.

• Liked — Bed, shower and Starbucks in the lobby
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
P.B. Gardens, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

Great Rooms, Artwork, Classy Staff. Best hotel in dowtown Orlando. Professional BB Teams stay here when they play the Magic. Downtown Orlando more fun then you may think! Also worth the commute if going to the attrations, for the family that wants a little culture mixed with the "carnival" type atmosphere around the theme parks. Stayed there during marriage at Citrus Club, and went back several times. Highly recommended.

• Liked — Style, Class
  • Disliked — No Cheap, if that is your goal
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

I booked this hotel as part of a Valentine's Day gift to my husband. I purchased tickets to a concert and decided to treat him (and myself) to a nice hotel in downtown Orlando. I received every bit of my money's worth! The hotel was outstanding - very luxurious. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive - even when we ordered room service at 3 AM. If you want a 5-star hotel in downtown Orlando that is close to everything (my husband and I didn't have to go further than a mile away from the hotel for anything), then this is your spot!!

• Liked — The room - especially the bed - was very comfortable!
  • Disliked — The lighting in the room was very dim - extremely flattering, but hard to see!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. The staff was exceptionally friendly. Everything was spotless. The decor is unique. The food in the restaurant was fantastic. When we stay in downtown Orlando, this is where we will be sure to return.

• Liked — Exceptonally friendly staff
  • Disliked — road construction in the area
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bedford, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

I reviewed the Grand Bohemian previously on March 28th. I returned to Orlando this week and decided to stay here again.

It is still my favorite Orlando hotel.

Some pluses & minuses:

(+) The room was spotless, well furnished, and nicely sized.

(-) I had some trouble controlling the temperature. It took me three attempts to find a setting that made the room comfortable for me. How about a thermostat with an actual temperature setting?

(-) As others have mentioned, the TV ought to be upgraded.

(+) The valet parking was quick and friendly

(-) I felt like an idiot parking my Ford Focus rental after seeing Audi's, Porshe's, and Mercedes all over the place.

(+) The bar makes a fantastic white chocolate chocolatini. It was slightly entertaining to sit in the corner and watch some couple make out at the bar. It was even more interesting to watch them leave the bar and take their make-out session into the bathroom.

(-) The wireless internet was horrible. I had to call the front desk to get it up and running (a first for me). They had to call their IT department who had to reset the access points. Once connected, the service was spotty and slow.

(+) The ambiance and atmosphere is unique and a joy.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2008

The Grand Bohemian seems to be the hallmark luxury hotel of the downtown Orlando area. Not at all to say it is THE place to stay in the city, but probably the best option for downtown. I like the overall aura/décor and by enlarge the service is what one might expect from a four star establishment. My only issues were with individual employees who struck me as incompetent. I went to smoke a cigarette by the pool one night at around 11 and security bothered me whining about how the pool closed at 11. Another instance was some less than satisfactory services at the Boheme resturant , but I do believe that was.the exception rather than the norm. These inequities were far offset by the many other outstanding staff members. Principally among them I would place the gracious bell captian Jose. From the time I exited the car at arrival he has stopped at no length to ensure my comfort. Overall I'd rank the Grand Bohemian about a 8 or 8.5 our of 10 for a downtown type hotel, and probably the best in Orlando.

Oh yeah and the really need some flatscreens the tvs are from like 1996

• Stayed May 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Uckfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2008

What a very very sexy hotel. Lovely sumptuous colours and textures. A little noisy given the roads below but well worth a visit. Expedia offers rooms at $ 150 a night so you cannot complain. Sheer bargin

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!