Great trip in December, this hotel came reccomended to us by friends who go to Disney mulitple times a year. It is a nice place to stay for people who dont want the small, cheesy overcrowded value resorts. The hotel is kind of a middle ground between the other moderate resorts. It isnt as hectic or busy as either the Cor Springs or Car Beach. It is more spread out & relaxing than Fr Qrtr. The grounds literally encourage you to walk out & around & enjoy the river views. The room itself was a decent size. Nicely furnished with more than enough storage room for a family of 4 for aweek. The shower could have been bigger, but it was comparable to most mid range hotel chains. The food court had great selections & was able to be very diversified. It overlooked the river & some of the Magnolia bend buildings. We stayed in Magnolia Bend... btw. The main lobby was nice & helpful for first time visitors. We checked in online 3 days earlier, it was very easy to do & we had no wait literally when we arrived. The resort provided us with good information about the ferry, DTD & the available recreation at Riverside. We enjoyed the pool & went one day to the Fr Qrtr pool. It looks fun, but not nearly as much as the Riverside pool which isnt pictured in the slide show. We had a great tie & will go again this December. The bus transportation was not bad, sometimes we waited about 15 mins, but it was due to where we were more than crowds. It takes longer to get from like downtown disney to animal kingdom, than the riverside resort to hollywood. So ofcourse, at times you will wait.
The plus to this resort is that it isnot as far out from theme parks as others & so you can have a great time, stress free, on a relatively lower priced stay (compared to the resorts right at the theme parks).
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans Riverside
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside was inspired by rural Louisiana. You'll feel welcomed back to a time and place where everything seems to move a little slower and simple pleasures flourish like magnolia blossoms in the springtime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.