We just returned from a beautiful wedding that took place at Disney World. We spent three nights at Port Orleans Riverside. I can't think of anything I didn't like about the property. For anyone considering going there, I will describe it:
It has a large pool on a little island in the middle of the resort. You can walk across a pretty bridge to get to the lobby. We stayed at a place called Alligator Bayou, and it was located on a beautiful, lush, tropical-style setting with a bayou. Although there is one large pool on the island, there are smaller pools near the lodges.
The dining area is large and set up like a food court. You have many choices for food. If you buy the refillable mug, you can get as many drinks as you want during the duration of your stay. The mug makes a nice souvenir to take home. We actually found that the food was better at the lodge than in the parks.
The lobby and other main building areas are very attractive. There is a large paddle wheel at the back of the building, and people apparently rent paddle boats and bicycles there. The gift shop has a lot of Disney souvenir items, some of them reasonably priced.
We liked this resort because it was quiet. We were actually able to sleep there. The room was very cute, with log beds and New Orleans bayou themed items. Service was good at the hotel, and the employees were very friendly and helpful.
Bus service goes from several places, including by the lobby. It is probably better to get onto the bus at the lobby area, even though you can get on at a location closer to your room. The bus tends to fill up at the lobby area, so you will most likely have to stand when the bus gets to your bus stop. The only thing I really hate about Disney transportation is that they really need more buses than they run. We rode on one bus that had enough people on it for two buses.
I'd definitely stay at Port Orleans Resort Riverside again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside was inspired by rural Louisiana. You'll feel welcomed back to a time and place where everything seems to move a little slower and simple pleasures flourish like magnolia blossoms in the springtime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Riverside Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Hotel Disney
- Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside