We were a family of 12 travelling on this trip - 6 children aged 7, 6, 4, 3, 16 months and 8 months, four parents and two grandparents. We had stayed at the Caribbean Resort 25 years ago with our two sons and decided to stay at Port Orleans Riverside just to try something different. It was a great choice. We had three rooms side-by-side with two of the rooms having an adjoining door between them. They have changed the bedding and it is very fresh looking with a white sheet on top and a bluey green coverlet at the bottom of the bed. There is soap, shampoo and conditioner supplied. We did not have princess pictures on the walls. We had a lovely print of a steamboat, as did our kids rooms. Our rooms were in Magnolia Bend in the Acadian building on the ground floor, very convenient for the strollers. The building is very close to the North bus stop, a three minute stroll. We only ever had one or two buses pass us because they were full, and we never had to stand when leaving that stop. Often they were empty. It was a great location. We love to walk so the walk to the food court was enjoyed by all of us. We only ever ate breakfast at the resort and (speaking for my husband and I) we enjoyed everything we tried. Probably our favourites were an omelet and the breakfast wrap. They were delicious. The oatmeal was also very good - $3.99 with fresh fruit toppings - strawberries, raspberries, raisens, craisens, sunflower seeds, whatever you chose, plus brown sugar. It was a bit less without the fruit. Tropicana OJ was $3.79 - pretty expensive. There is a lovely gift shop off the main lobby and as others have said, be prepared for Disney prices.
On our last day (Jan. 28th) one of our grandchildren got lost in the afternoon. She thought she was following one of us who was with her siblings. One of the grounds staff came upon her and had her sit on one of the benches overlooking the river until we found her. She was only gone 6 to 8 minutes but it seemed like forever to her and to us, and we are most thankful to the gentleman who found her. We wish we had gotten his name, but hopefully management will read this and be able to pass our thanks on to him.
We had a great time here. The staff were professional and friendly and we would stay here again and recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside was inspired by rural Louisiana. You'll feel welcomed back to a time and place where everything seems to move a little slower and simple pleasures flourish like magnolia blossoms in the springtime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Riverside Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Hotel Disney
- Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside