We have just spent one week at Port Orleans, Riverside, and I have to say it exceeded all expectations!
There was myself, husband and 2 children and I was apprehensive about how much space we would have in our room. I did not need to worry though, there was plenty of room for us all. 2 king sized beds, as well as a drop down bed on the wall. Enough hanging space but not many drawers. Unfortunately the fridge had been taken out of service due to a fault that had been found. Apparently 50% of the fridges were not in use.
We were in Aligator Bayou block 16 which was just perfect. 5 mins to bus depot, 3 mins to dining area and reception. We paid a little extra for a water view room, therefore our room was next to one of the smaller, quiet pools. The laundry room was also next to this pool.
The dining room offered a wide choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had a Disney Dining Plan which saved us a great deal of money but we did find it a bit confusing at first, as to what we were entitled too. If you're not sure, just ask though! All the staff were very helpful and always appeared happy to help. We loved going back in before bed time and grabbing a lovely hot chocolate to take back to our room.
The buses to the parks were approx every 10-15 minutes and we never had any problems with them.
The large swimming pool is great if you have kids. Lots of activities, music etc. If you want peace and quiet, head to one of the quieter pools. Like I mentioned, there is one right next to block 16, Aligator Bayou.
We hired a Surrey bike one evening (extra charge). This was a great way to explore the rest of this complex. We also went fishing but were not lucky enough to catch anything!
To sum it up, this is a great Disney hotel but I think we were lucky with our room location. Some of the other blocks appeared to be a long walk from the dining hall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a place where simple pleasures flourish and Southern hospitality abounds. From the stately white-column mansions of Magnolia Bend to the quaint backwoods cottages of Alligator Bayou, delight in this picturesque Resort hotel that evokes the romance and tranquility of the rural Louisiana Bayou. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Riverside Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Hotel Disney
- Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside