I stayed for 12 days at the Port Orleans Riverside with my pregnant wife and 2 year old son. My wife had done research and chose this resort. I was very impressed with it. Especially the beautiful and extensive landscape. It has many small bridges, creeks, rivers and greenery. It allowed us to step away from our day to day lives and relax on our vacation.
Depending on where your room is located, it could be quite a far walk to the Lobby and Dining areas. However, most people on the resort, including myself, need the exercise anyways. On the other hand, the resort is conveniently located near all the Disney Theme Parks. I hardly used up any gas during our Park hopping binge.
There’s also little ferry boats which pass every 10 minutes or so and transport people to Downtown Disney. It’s about a 15 minute ride. The resort also features many pools and one main pool area on the Ol’ Man Island. There’s quite a lot of activities available on site such as horse carriage rides, boat rentals, poolside activities, fishing, etc. I love that their park doesn’t have sand which can get kids messy, but instead a rubbery surface. My 2 year old loved playing there and he especially loved the kids pool.
If I’m being picky, my only complaint is that when it rains (rarely), there are areas in the walkways that become mini lakes of water. You either have to skip around them on the muddy grass, or soak your feet in the large puddles. There isn’t many options when getting back to your room in some areas. They should have some drainage system in those areas.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a place where simple pleasures flourish and Southern hospitality abounds. From the stately white-column mansions of Magnolia Bend to the quaint backwoods cottages of Alligator Bayou, delight in this picturesque Resort hotel that evokes the romance and tranquility of the rural Louisiana Bayou. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Riverside Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Hotel Disney
- Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside