“It's Okay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Save Saved
You added Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside to your Saves list
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1251 Riverside Dr, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Dixie Landings)   |
Ranked #77 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Strongsville, Ohio
“It's Okay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We just stayed there this past New Years and the rooms was not what I had planned... Do not request the 1st floor we were in the Magnolia building in room 9085 the view was awful we looked at the back of a brick stairwell and it was not what I expected from the Royal Water-view room. Yes in our room was themed with the princesses and the Aladdin's magic carpet the head board was magical light up fun for the kids but, I would not choose this property based on that. yes it is quaint and charming and perhaps if I was spending more time. I would appreciate the river and the activities on the water,and the boat ride to downtown. But you have to remember this is an Moderate resort. I looked at other people pictures on line and they may of had a better room. But I was under the impression when I booked that the only better room was the Riverside view.Our Bathroom had 1 sink not 2 and the room was pretty small considerably for our family of 4. I would probably if price is comparable stay at the New Art of Animation when I return next time or may favorite of the past properties I stayed out was the Disney Boardwalk the location cannot be beat...Also in that area you can choose from the Disney Yacht and the Disney Beach Club...

Room Tip: Do ot stay in room 9085 its on the lower floor with a terrible view of a brick wall...

4,536 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,006)
Rockford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We travel to Disney World annually, and have for the last 15 years or so. This was our first stay at Port Orleans Riverside, and although it was pricey over the holiday break (peak season) we LOVED our room. The detail used in decorating is amazing, nothing overlooked. The theme is very royal, and even the bathroom fixtures are top notch. The bathroom vanity area is nicely concealed by drapery for when you want to get ready while the rest of the family sleeps. There are princess and prince details everywhere from framed artwork to the shower curtain, all tastefully done. Not a single room is positioned too far from the main building with restaurants and bus stops. This will be our Disney Hotel destination from now on.

Illinois City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here for 9 days between Christmas & New Years. This is my 3rd stay at Disney in 2012; previous stays have been at All Star Movies & Music, Pop Century, and Coronado Springs. This resort is my new favorite and worth the money. This is a clean resort that is very well maintained. We stayed in the Princess room in the Oak Manor section and the location was perfect. The room was well insulated from outside noises and spacious. My two children in their early 20's also stayed with me and they liked the fact that it was not overrun by small, screaming children and was not so "over the top" Disney themed but had the cleanliness and amenities we have come to expect from Disney. Transportation on either the buses or the boat was never a problem; we always got a seat and never had a long wait. My only complaint and it is not specific to this resort is that Disney should keep a food and drink option available for either late night Magical Express arrivals or for when you are returning late from a park and want something to eat or drink. The food selection as is typical of Disney resorts tends to get a little tiresome after a few days because the menu tends to be the same everyday day but at this resort you have the option of walking to the French Qtr. which has a different menu selection. The walk between the two sections is scenic and pleasurable. Young children may be disappointed with the lack of traditional, obvious Disney theming but for adults this is the perfect place to enjoy Disney hospitality, quality in a more subdued and subtle atmosphere. WIFI and cell phone reception was better inside the room than we have experienced in the other resorts. I would definitely return to this resort . By the way they did an awesome job of ringing in the 2013 by holding an outdoor resort celebration which even allowed a viewing of the fireworks at the parks without the hassle of the crowds.

Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a great time at Port Orleans Riverside. We chose this hotel for our family of 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 senior grandparents because it seemed to be quieter and we were not disappointed. We asked for a building close to the dining room and got adjoining rooms in building 18. All the staff were helpful. The food court was well staffed and easy to understand. The restaurant was good. The location and surroundings were really beautiful - we saw lots of birds and also rabbits. Among the highlights - a surrey-bike ride around the grounds (they limit your time and your route, but it was lots of fun and a good work-out) and the boat ride to downtown Disney. The pool and pool staff were great. We would definitely stay here again and especially recommend it for families with grandparents.

Room Tip: Choose building 14 or 18 - they are very close to diningroom, buses and the pool.
boucherville,quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed two nights in a king bedroom and could not be happier with our choice. The hotel lobby is very well decorated, and our check in was quick and easy. The staff is very helpful and smiling. Our room was a good size, impeccably clean and comfortable. We were situated in the Bayou building #35, which was a little far from the main building. We did not mind it, but it could be a bit annoying if you have small children. Our room was on the second floor, in the back of the building, so it was really quiet.

The grounds are beautiful and peaceful. We used both our car and the shuttles to get around the parks and the resort. Overall, I recommend this hotel for a good price/quality value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Topeka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

After a great stay in 2010, we couldn't wait to go back to Riverside this October. This time we got to stay at one of the new rooms in Oak Manor. Great location. Cool room. Riverside is our favorite of the Disney World resorts. Great resort activities. Great food court. Good bus service. Oak Manor is a great building. They showed movies each night in the courtyard outside of our room. Its close to the bus stops and main building. We also caught YeeHaw Bob's show in the main building for the first time. Hands down, it was everyone's favorite thing for a weeklong trip to Disney World. Yeehaw Bob is must. Check him out on Youtube. Great for the whole family.

Room Tip: Choose either Oak Manor or buildings 14 or 18 in the Bayou
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have stayed at deluxe and value hotels in Disney World, this was my first moderate level resort. I chose Port Orleans for my honeymoon because guidebooks recommended it as "romantic." Overall, I was disappointed.

My favorite thing about the hotel was the boat to Downtown Disney. I love boat rides, and I spent much more time in DD than previous trips because it was such fun taking the boat. Transportation to/from the parks was also easy. We never ran into delays, long waits or long lines. Housekeeping was also good. They left towel animals and Mickeys for us on most days.

However, I wasn't impressed by the theming in the hotel. It felt distractingly fake and less magical than other places I've stayed on property. Our room, in Alligator Bayou, was very dark and decidedly unromantic. It might have been okay for a trip where you're rarely in the room, but I don't think it worth the price, even with a discount.

We're a lesbian couple, and the staffmember who checks us in gave us a hard time about getting Just Married buttons. Not magical, at all, and very unusual for Disney.

My wife is a vegetarian and she struggled to find interesting and delicious things to eat at the restaurants on property. There was nothing she wanted on the menu of Boatwrights and she had to eat the same time thing for most meals in the cafeteria. The cafeteria felt like a food court in the mall.

The landscaping was fine, but nothing about this hotel reminded me of New Orleans--and I've spent a lot of time in Louisiana.

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the main entrance. It's a long walk from the parking lot area.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside? Share your experiences!