This was my first time staying at a Disney resort and I was happy with the choice. We spent five nights in a Royal Guest room in the Oak Manor area.
The resort itself is beautifully landscaped, quiet and offers all the amenities you could want. We didn't take advantage of most of them only because we spent our entire days at the parks.
The quick-service restaurant is pretty good. We ate two very late dinners there - one sandwich and once with the custom pasta. Both meals had huge portions and were decent quality. The gift shop is fine and the check-in staff was efficient and courteous in my experience.
Our room was a hit with my 3-1/2 year old son. He couldn't get enough of the fiber optic headboard. The room was small, I felt, with little free space, but it was well appointed. The double sinks and countertop were invaluable, as was the in-room refrigerator. I wish there was an actual closet to stow away clothes and suitcases, instead of an open hanging area, but that's just a personal preference. The a/c unit seemed to have two settings: arctic frigid and off. Fortunately, it was cool outside, so we kept it off for most of the visit.
This resort is enormous. Our Oak Manor building was well-located close to the main pavilion and bus service with an enjoyable short walk. I can imagine how staying farther away would be a challenge at times. The parking lot was also a pretty good distance from our room (5 doors down from the water), so if you have a lot of luggage, bell service is a must.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a place where simple pleasures flourish and Southern hospitality abounds. From the stately white-column mansions of Magnolia Bend to the quaint backwoods cottages of Alligator Bayou, delight in this picturesque Resort hotel that evokes the romance and tranquility of the rural Louisiana Bayou. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Riverside Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Hotel Disney
- Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside