This resort is beautiful. If you're the type of person who likes long walks or bike rides in serene settings this is the place for you. I can't say enough about the beauty of this resort. Even though it's a Disney property it doesn't feel overly touristy. The rooms are nice. We had one that wasn't refurbished and I was surprised at how well maintained it still was. I even looked behind the sink and could find a spec of dust. Faucets shined. Felt totally comfortable walking around the room in bare feet. Nothing on these floors.
We arrived at the whopping early hour of 6am. We drove a straight 12 hours. I checked in fully prepared to be told our room wasn't ready and to sleep it off in the car. To my surprise and JOY our room was ready!!! If there's any doubt as to whether Disney holds out on rooms, saying your room isn't ready when in fact it is, you can rest easy. They want to get you into your room ASAP.
We ate at the Mill cafeteria everyday. It was quick and convenient. Didn't try Boatrights. Sit down dinners at Disney are just too crazy pricy for me. I prefer quick services.
This resort is enormous though. We did a 10 minute walk everyday to breakfast. If you have trouble walking I wouldn't recommend this resort. If you do make sure you get a room close to the amenities you need. I enjoyed the walks. It was beautiful. Ducks, lizards, and squirrels everywhere. Gorgeous.
Only downfall was the busses. Not that it was terrible for me, but the busses were pretty inconsistent. They showed up, but you might see 3 busses to EPCOT before you see a bus to Magic Kingdom. I know there are circumstances that cause the busses to get held up, for instance handicapped people take longer to get situated. I think they do their best to get everyone where they need to go. I just think it needs a little more tweaking.
We had a great time. I can't wait to go back. SOON!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a place where simple pleasures flourish and Southern hospitality abounds. From the stately white-column mansions of Magnolia Bend to the quaint backwoods cottages of Alligator Bayou, delight in this picturesque Resort hotel that evokes the romance and tranquility of the rural Louisiana Bayou. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Riverside Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Hotel Disney
- Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside