“You can't top Disney!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

You added Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside to your Saves list
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1251 Riverside Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Dixie Landings)   |
Ranked #80 of 329 Hotels in Orlando
Orton, Ontario
“You can't top Disney!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I am never disappointed at Disney! This was our first visit to the Riverside. We stayed in the Alligator Bayou section.The landscaping was lusciuos and really keeps the noise down.It is spread out so it is quiet and more private. The boat to Disney Marketplace is a bonus. The service is amazing! It is so wonderful to stay right on the Disney property if Disney World is the reason for your visit. The transportation system is so well organized it never ceases to amaze us. I really recommend this location for couples and older travellers due to the peace and beauty of the resort. There can be a fair amount of walking if your room is located farther away from the restaurant area but I am sure the staff would be ready to assist you if this is a concern. Lots of bus stops so they are never too far away and the walk is so enjoyable. We had a king room and it was very spacious.

Room Tip: I enjoyed being farther away from the main building because it was quieter.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,499)
Dade City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here with my family in January 2011 to celebrate my aunt and I's birthday. This wasn't the first time we have stayed here. The Riverside Mill is an awesome food court, the water wheel actually works! The lobby is beautifully designed like an old steamboat. The most most amazing feature is the setting. I have been to this resort 3 times now and every time I stay in the cabins in the bayou. Being settled back in the swamp surrounded by trees is so beautiful. A really cool feature is that while staying at Riverside or French Quarter you get an exclusive riverboat ride to and from Downtown Disney. Something we will never forget.

Room Tip: Request a cabin in the bayou!
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

First, let me say that I have stayed at Disney many times, and at many different properties. Port Orleans Riverside is the best property for the money, hands down. The grounds are beautiful, with paths running along the river and by the pools. The pool side bar was so tranquil and relaxing that I could have stayed there all day sipping on my drink. (Note: we did go at an off-peak time).
The room was as expected, a standard Disney room. Two queen beds, separate sink and toilet areas. Pretty standard hotel arrangement. However, Disney is very good about making those standard hotel rooms feel like home. Everything was very clean and and looked good. My only complaint is finding the room. The building is built like a maze, from trying to find the stairs, or even worse, the elevator, and then twisting and turning your way to the room. But, once you do it a couple of times, it becomes second nature.
The lobby and check-in was easy and quick, waiting only a couple of minutes before be called to the check-in window. The "general" store was very large, and could fulfill your need to buy a Disney souvenir without venturing to Downtown Disney. The food court was large, but got very busy during peak times. We took our food to go, but it looked like most of the tables were filled.
Overall, I would highly recommend going back to Riverside. There are better properties at Disney, Animal Wilderness Lodge seems amazing for example, but for the value, you can't be the Riverside.

Room Tip: Don't worry about getting a waterside room, you won't be spending much time there anyhow.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary here and we would both agree that it was everything we wanted...and more! We stayed for 6 nights and the resort was beautiful. Our room at Acadian House was apparently recently renovated because everything was shiny and new. From the paint to the bathroom tile to the bed spread. Our house keeper Diana did an amazing job everyday. She would leave our room spic an span and she continuously added little details that gave us the feeling she took pride in her job...like cute towel creations...even simple ones like one that looked like a man's dress shirt folded and then she would place our toothbrush and paste neatly on top. I felt zero hesitation about leaving our smartphones and jewelry behind in our room while we spent our days at the theme parks. Sometimes we would not leave our room til after 12pm and then we sometimes came back as early as 5pm and housekeeping would always see to it that our room was always clean and set. We made sure to keep our clothes and shoes out of her way a bit and leave her a nice tip as a thank you. Thanks again Diana.
We enjoyed all the restaurants on site, the pool, and a nighttime carriage ride. It was very romantic. Highly Recommended!
One morning I took a nice bike ride around the property while my husband slept in. It was very quiet along the trails and there was plenty of beautiful landscaping with clear bike paths. A boat would come along quickly and regularly to take everyone on a 20 minute ride down the secluded river to get us to downtown Disney. Along the way we get to spy on Treehouse Villas and serious golfers. Thank you again Port Orleans Riverside. It is going to be an easy decision to visit again and again. Thank u.

• Stayed September 2011
Pickerington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

We have been to WDWFL 100s (if not 1000s) of times; we have stayed on almost every resort on and off property, and lived (and worked) in Orlando for a spell back in the late 1990s through early millenia. However, this resort is not only gorgeous in landscaping, it is perfect for anyone...the trails are easy to manuever for strollers or that early morning run, I love how close our building was to the main hub, and the pools are perfect. I was a little bummed to learn that the Magnolia Bend "house" was under construction, however, once we got into out rooms over at Oak House Terrace, we were pleasantly surprised! The rooms was the perfect size with our two kiddos and also on the corner, facing the pool. We loved it. The staff is super friendly, and any issue we had were resolved promptly. Upon checkout, we were unable to secure a late checkout, but we had three rooms tied to ours, so we suspected it was due to our large party (one of the other rooms did get a late checkout).
As for food, we did NOT have the Disney dining plan, and we did just fine. For a family of 4, we spent about $20 for breakfast, and about that for lunch, maybe more for dinner. We brought snacks with us (we flew, by the way), and it saved us $$S! Plus, we bought the resort souvenir cup - it is worth the investment if you are there for more than 3-4 days. We did not eat at the nicer dining facility, the prices looked crazy for the same food at the cafeteria location. Plus, we ventured out to DT Disney and ate at the parks when we could...
ACTIVITIES: We happened to go towards the end of summer, so there was SO much going on for the kiddos. If you have kids from 4-10 yrs old, sign them up for the Bayou Pirate Adventure. It is a great 2 hr excursion for your little pirate to learn a great story and go on a treasure hunt up the Sassgagoula River (sp?) - it is a little extra, but SO worth it! The three kiddos in our group had a BLAST, it was worth the investment! There was also "Rec Agents" at the pool that engaged the kiddos with games and contests, which was fun for all kiddos (especially the young at heart). We roasted marshmellows in the evening and then had movies under the stars, right next to our building! It was an amazing time - my daughter STILL talks about watching "Tangled" under the stars with mommy to all her friends - you can't buy that kind of moment!
My only complaints were the weather - August in FL is not only H-O-T, it is humid. We can handle heat, especially over 100 degrees...however, you toss 100%+ humidity into the mix, and it is almost unbearable! On top of that, both my husband and I got sick (we were there for a whole week); we pushed through it and made it work, taking naps with the kiddos did, and staying very hydrated. All in all, we recommend this hotel - we hope we can go back in the fall - I have heard the decorations around the resort are amazing!

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for an upgrade; we did! Be nice no matter what, you can get more that way..
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I don't know why anyone had a problem with this hotel it was wonderful!!
We were traveling with 2 other couples and before we arrived I requested one of the newly renovated rooms and to my surprise we all got one!!! It was beautiful and extremely clean.
This is a large resort but the bus stops are located around the resort and we had no problems.
Defiantly recommend the dining plan it is the way to go because the food is expensive but the dining plan makes it easier. We had a hard time using all our snacks before we left but managed to use them all!
I would defiantly recommend this hotel!
I love Disney world!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011
CINCINNATI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

The hotel was nice overall. There was a mix up with the length of the stay, so we could not get a transfer back to the airport. Disney makes lots of money, so I don't know what the big deal was. My transfer was for Sun, but I left on Mon. They said since I didn't leave Sun, I now have no transfer. The cab was $54 and I was with family. The rest of the family got to ride the bus, but I had to catch a cab, cause the hotel would not give me a transfer. Therefore make sure you check all you paper work and don't throw away anything until you return home. They hang the transfer on the door the night before, I threw mines away thinking it was junk, and could not get another one. Make sure everything is ok on the first night of your stay, cause come time for check out, they don't give a you know what!

Room Tip: if room is far and you have bags, use the bell services
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Walt Disney World Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Walt Disney World Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside? Share your experiences!