You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Universal Studios Orlando to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Universal Studios Orlando
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5605 Major Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Sleep Inn & Suites @ Univ Studios)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #121 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Caguas
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed for 5 nights at this hotel. I reserved 2 rooms, one with a sprecial request with a fridge for my sons medicines. When I arrived the fridge was there and also a microwave. Wonderful detail. The rooms was also adjoining which was also great for the whole family. The complimentary breakfast was awesome and with nice choices. Can get full on weekends so be patient. The location was convieniant with restaurants and a Walgreens very close. The staff was very friendly.

Would definitly return to this hotel for my next vacation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
jmmiller123456, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Universal Studios Orlando, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
We are pleased that you had a wonderful stay at our Holiday Inn Express! Thank you for the great review and rating. Have a very good day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Spring Valley, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I went down to Orlando with my daughter who is handicapped. We had a problem with the room and the Desk staff immediately upgraded us to a room that suited our needs. On the day we left my daughter left her camera in the hotel with all of her vacation photos.I called the hotel and was connected to security who sent an agent named Eric to find her camera. He was able to locate it and then arranged to have the camera sent to our home Thus "SAVING" our vacation.The hotel is situated perfectly for Universal Studios and the Staff goes above and beyond to accommodate their guests.

Room Tip: Suite was excellent.It had a full size refrigerator ,microwave ,sink, toaster and dishes and dishwas...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, however I believe you stayed at the Holiday Inn and Suites Universal, and not our Holiday Inn Express. We do not have anyone named Eric at this location. Please advise. Have a good day.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I'm usually a Marriott guy.....lets just say if all of the Holiday Inns treat their guest as well as they did, then I am in for the long haul. Jerri Ann was very friendly and even knew us by name. We were also known as the family in 1008. Great job to her and the staff.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
jmmiller123456, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Universal Studios Orlando, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Welcome to the IHG Brand family! We hope you will continue to stay with our brand. Thank you for the great review. Jeri will be thrilled to read your comments. Thank you!
Lakenheath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was trying to book a different hotel at first, for my trip to the Universal Studios. But after spending a whole hour on chat with a representative of the hotel group she directed me to this one. It was a bit more expensive than the one I was going to book but I trusted her and booked it.

We arrived in the morning and didn't care to check in but only leave the luggage in a safe place. As I was done checking in and ready to leave for the park I saw the shuttle driver walking up to the shuttle, I asked her if she could wait 1 MINUTE, since the shuttle was completely empty of passengers, so I could leave my car keys at the reception. She refused and saw me walking towards the shuttle after I left my keys while she was slowly driving away looking at me.
Going back to reception I found out the next shuttle is an hour later but already completely full of other hotel guests, the next available for me was at 11, 2 hours after the park opened!!!
We ended up taking a 10 Taxi to the Studios. Surely not a happy start to a hotel stay.

After leaving the park at closing time we were undecided of eating there or going to the hotel to refresh and then eat. We decided on going to the hotel first. Arriving at the shuttle station we were told we had already missed the last shuttle of the day. Back to the Taxi we asked again how much it would be for the same way as this morning they suddenly asked $10. We refused to be ripped off even though it was only $2, it's just principle. So we started to walk (specially great after 11 hours on your feet), 10 Minutes into walking I saw the hotel I wanted to book in the first place right in front of me another 10 Minutes later we finally arrived at our hotel.
I feel tricked into booking this hotel because it isn't nearest to Universal Orlando and the whole shuttle situation was very disappointing. SHUTTLES SHOULD BE GOING ALL DAY OR WHENEVER SOMEBODY REQUESTS IT and shouldn't stop before 9 pm.

Beds were not very comfortable, shower wasn't as clean as I had hoped, Breakfast was okay, nothing special. Staff lacked of motivation any time of the day.
Pool was nice and heated, though a bit dirty.

Won't be staying there next time, very disappointing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer,

We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments. The Universal shuttle is owned and operated by Universal Studios, and I will definitely share your comments with them to review with their team. The shuttle is scheduled according to park hours, and departs 5 times in the morning and same number of times returning in the evening. We were sorry to hear you had to walk back to the hotel after a long day at the park. I know the shuttle service did not get your stay off to a good start. I will review your comments with our team regarding the hotel and staff for immediate improvement. Again thank you for sharing your experience, as we use all guests comments for additional training and for improvement opportunities. Thank you and have a good day.
New Prague, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed based on location to Universal. Staff was helpful and Doris was excellent. Recommend this hotel because of the clean room and great location to the park. It was also nice to have the included breakfast. I would come back to this hotel next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
jmmiller123456, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Universal Studios Orlando, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear you will be back! Thank you for the great comments about Doris and our hotel. Have a great day.
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

My wife and I and our three kids had never been to Orlando so we picked a hotel close to the Universal Studios parks. Hotel staff were friendly and happy to help with any questions we had. Room had two queen beds and a pull out sofa bed (that would have slept two people easily) so you could comfortably sleep up to 6 people in one of these rooms. Room was very clean and had a big shower, small fridge, coffee maker etc. Breakfast was included in the room rate and they provided coffee, tea, juices, scrambled eggs, sausages, toast and bagels and more. The food was good and plenty of it which made starting the day out nice and easy as you didn't have to leave the hotel to find a breakfast place. For this trip we didn't want to deal with picking a rental car as we planned to spend our time at the parks. Once you're at the hotel there's a free bus that comes to and from the hotel regularly and goes to all of the theme parks. You simply go to the lobby and ask the staff there for a bus ticket for however many are in your group. The bus comes to the hotel and the driver signs off on your ticket and then takes you to the parks. The drivers advise you what times the free bus does pickups from the park you're going to. Very easy and saves you the hassle of paying for parking each day. Something which we were also glad we did was to book an airport shuttle before we arrived in Orlando that would pick us up and then drop us off back at the airport. Parks are a good half hour drive from the airport and there are no buses from the airport to the hotels by the parks (very surprised about that) so with 5 of us and all of our luggage it was easier to have someone meet us and get us to the hotel. We used a company called Priceless Transportation. Cost was $120 for the round trip which included pick up and drop off and tip. Driver was waiting for us at baggage claim when we landed and had been waiting for over a half hour as our flight had been delayed. When it was time to leave the hotel later in the week he picked us up spot on time and got us to the airport safely. Nice big vehicles too for those of us who have lots of baggage. We couldn't have been happier with the shuttle service. Anyway, back to telling you about the hotel. Plenty of options for meals etc too if you stay at the holiday inn express. A Wendy's is right next door as well as a Burger King 2 minutes walk away. There are also some nicer places to eat with a Japanese/Chinese restaurant only a couple of minutes walk away, an all you can eat buffet right next to that and another decent restaurant which I can't remember the name of. Same strip also has a Walgreens for anything else you might need. Air Conditioner in the room was great, TV worked well too. We give the hotel two thumbs up.

Room Tip: Room 213 was quiet and faced the front of the hotel so you could see when the pickup bus and airport...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
jmmiller123456, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Universal Studios Orlando, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you!

We appreciate the very detailed review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for sharing your experience. Good tip for the airport shuttle service.

We hope to see you again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We arrived on Christmas evening. First of all, thank you to the staff who showed up on what must have been a very busy day. Even though no one else was checking in when we arrived, it seemed that the front desk staff was worn out. To their credit, they were not grumpy, but they only provided the absolute minimum. I asked for the weather forecast. I thought I was pushing them over the edge with one question and left without the info.

More importantly, the property seemed worn out too. All we needed was a place to flop for the night. Unfortunately, there was a lot of noise all night. The sheets seemed prickly.

Because we didn't sleep well, we decided to cut our losses and we checked out earlier than breakfast was served. I hope this was just bad timing because I know HIE can be a great experience and a great value - this stay missed that mark.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Buffy 38,

We were disappointed to hear our front line team did not deliver an enthusiastic welcome, as this is not the normal guest service we strive to deliver. And we were sorry to hear you did not get a good nights sleep. We do hope you will give us another chance to make your stay an enjoyable one, if you are coming back to the Orlando area. If so, please contact me directly at 407-363-1333. Thank you for sharing your comments.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Universal Studios Orlando? Share your experiences!