Issue #1:Requested a club level room on floor 7. Even called to verify request, was told to arrive early so to improve chances of meeting request. Arrived at 1pm to find out that prior night all rooms were booked and would continue to be booked. Hotel knew this when I called to verify but didn't tell me.
Issue #2: Room rates near $400/night and we still have to pay $15 parking + TAX? Even on club level rooms? Not good.
Issue #3: Club concierge lounge is very small (occupancy of only about 60, I counted). Plastic chairs, small food offerings, and waiters looking for tips. Paid enough, not looking to tip more.
Issue #4: Club level rooms are small. Traveling with family meant luggage absolutely everywhere.
Issue #5: Vibe of reception area was lacking. I was expecting more high energy, activity, etc in main lobby, didn't feel it.
Issue #6: How about printing out a bill and sliding it under door the night before? I didn't receive one and needed to ask at front desk.
All in all, poor value for the dollar. Stayed at Portofino (club level) last year and enjoyed it MUCH more. Portofino lounge is much larger, better food, better atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock 'n' roll superstar at the exciting Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando® You’ll feel like rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, a wealth of recreation and personal service and attention fit for an "A-List" celebrity. The Hard Rock Hotel is lively, yet laid back. Classy, yet totally casual, with a sand beach pool that immerses you in sound, not just water; authentic rock 'n' roll memorabilia; the legendary Palm Restaurant and more. You don't have to be a rock star to stay at Hard Rock Hotel. But after just a few hours, you’ll definitely get used to living the lifestyle.Hotel guests also enjoy an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including:* Early Park Admission† to Islands of Adventure, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)* Universal Express ride access* to skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required) * Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses to make getting around the resort fast and easy so you can make the most of your time* And more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel