Very nice hotel. Staff were very polite and accomodating. Pool is nice, a bit on the "shallow side" no deeper than 4 feet which is good for the kids. Water slide at the pool is fun too. There was a DJ there who also got the crowd to play games and have contests. The room was a bit smaller than I had hoped. We had just a standard garden view, but it was clean and adequate. Maid service was excellent as room was always made up by the time we got back from the parks in the evening. Carpet in the hallways(at least on the 5th floor) seemed a bit worn and the laundry room was a bit unkept, but I guess that is being nit-picky.
The express pass to bypass the lines at the parks was great! I felt like I was getting away with something just walking onto the rides or maybe waiting 10 minutes at most. Unfortunately they can't be used for Harry Potter's Forbidden Journey (Islands of Adventure) and the newest roller coaster (Universal Studios). We did take advantage of going to the park 1 hour early for hotel guests before the public is admitted. We waited for the Harry Potter ride maybe 5 to 10 minutes at most and rode it 3 times before 8:20am. That alone was worth the price of the hotel as I had heard horror stories of people waiting hours for the ride. One side note about the Harry Potter section of Islands of Adventure. If you are looking to get your kids into Ollivander's Wand shop, think twice. My kids really wanted wands and to have the "experience" of the wand choosing them. When we found the wand shop the line was 1 hour and 40 minutes long. The employee at the end of the line told us that only 20 people are admitted at a time and only 1 of the 20 get chosen for the "wand experience". Needless to say, we didn't do it. My kids were a bit disappointed but they moved on. I think maybe Universal could have come up with a better way to do that so that everyone gets a chance. Anyway, back on subject of the hotel. It was very cool with alot of rock and roll memorabelia, clean, great staff etc .....a bit pricey but as I said, that was worth it to bypass the lines and ride the Harry Potter ride so quickly. My only complaint is the $15 a day plus tax to park your car. With the amount you pay for the room I think that is a bit of a rip off.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock 'n' roll superstar at the exciting Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando® You’ll feel like rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, a wealth of recreation and personal service and attention fit for an "A-List" celebrity. The Hard Rock Hotel is lively, yet laid back. Classy, yet totally casual, with a sand beach pool that immerses you in sound, not just water; authentic rock 'n' roll memorabilia; the legendary Palm Restaurant and more. You don't have to be a rock star to stay at Hard Rock Hotel. But after just a few hours, you’ll definitely get used to living the lifestyle.Hotel guests also enjoy an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including:* Early Park Admission† to Islands of Adventure, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)* Universal Express ride access* to skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required) * Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses to make getting around the resort fast and easy so you can make the most of your time* And more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.